IGNORED

Boardroom Changes

Lew-T

With the amount of reshuffling we do I'm sure it must be my turn on the board soon.

You have to pre-book a ticket and then have it scanned at the Dolman turnstile before you get your turn.

JL promoted. Staggering.

This may not be quite what it seems. JL has moved from running the club to having a title and a seat on the board. Maybe it was thought that Doug Harman had more experience and that Jon will become a figurehead chairman when Mr Dawe steps down. In other words, he is standing in for his Dad and may take a similar role in Bristol Sports in years to come. I just hope that it stiffens the resolve to build Ashton Vale and not be shunted up a cul-de sac with the Ashton Gate revamp.

2 thoughts:

wasn't Price the lead on AV??? In which case, what does that tell us (and who's in control of AV/AG plans, decisions?).

Doesn't J Lansdown's new role sounds bit Nick-Clegg-like?

Exactly. In that he will have little power, but it looks like he does. Good move by the club, moving the problem to a manageable location.

This may not be quite what it seems. JL has moved from running the club to having a title and a seat on the board. Maybe it was thought that Doug Harman had more experience and that Jon will become a figurehead chairman when Mr Dawe steps down. In other words, he is standing in for his Dad and may take a similar role in Bristol Sports in years to come. I just hope that it stiffens the resolve to build Ashton Vale and not be shunted up a cul-de sac with the Ashton Gate revamp.

True, that sounds better.

So Price is doing one??

So much for all lets get the Bristol city brand into Bristols consciousness.A fan on the board would have been more effective.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/New-CEO-Guy-big-plans-develop-City-s-brand/story-11282988-detail/story.html

What's that sound, RK? It sounds like hell freezing over, what do you think?

Archived