IGNORED

Boardroom Changes

Lew-T

If our comparison is Portsmouth then yes, we are run well. But in comparison to other clubs, I'm assuming they know how to sell tickets and let people into a match, which we often fail to do. You'd imagine that's pretty basic stuff.

so you would be happy if the board brought in say Tony Pulis as director of Football (like Newvcastle with cockney Joe) or if we decided to change our colours to blue and white because it was the owners lucky colours,

They got the ticketing wrong in one ******* game ffs and they have made changes and it looks as if some ones head has rolled for it what more you you want? a public hanging perhaps?

One game! reading Bradford +wolves were all mess ups just some more spectacular than others! The rovers game didn't go to smoothly either as I recall! if we somehow manage to cope with Shrewsbury on Tuesday I'm sure some will claim that this is a indication of how superbly the club is being run!

funny bradford was a mess, I turned up at 14:57 to the wolves game got in no issue, I was there 19:42 for the gas game again no issue

Well I had no problems gaining access v wolves + Bradford either ( apart from the fact that the ticket scanners didn't work! but then I'm a season ticket holder! thousands of people had awful experiences! but as long as your match day experience was OK then you don't seem to care that it was very badffor many (and that many won't be back at Ashton gate in a hurry

Well I had no problems gaining access v wolves + Bradford either ( apart from the fact that the ticket scanners didn't work! but then I'm a season ticket holder! thousands of people had awful experiences! but as long as your match day experience was OK then you don't seem to care that it was very badffor many (and that many won't be back at Ashton gate in a hurry

the ticket scanners were working for the wolves game

This thread could get interesting.

In the Red corner - Monkeh, who won't hear a bad word said about the club.

In the other Red(ish) corner - Timothy, who rarely has a good word to say about the club.

Hold on to your hats people, this one could get lively!!!!!!!!!

I had no problems with the rovers game but as stated I am a s/t holder, I am also in the fortunate position of being able to get down to Ashton gate to que for my ticket, thousands trying to buy on line or over the phone didn't have such a simple experience!

aye and it was stated from the very start that the East End would not be on sale online so I phoned couldn't get through so I went down to the ground to get it,

got in with no problems

This thread could get interesting.

In the Red corner - Monkeh, who won't hear a bad word said about the club.

In the other Red(ish) corner - Timothy, who rarely has a good word to say about the club.

Hold on to your hats people, this one could get lively!!!!!!!!!

Oh I'll say a bad word about the club when it deserves it like with the bradford fiasco or our lack of fight last season but people are going on as if osama bin larden and saddam hussan were running the club

Glyn, this idea that I rarely say anything positive about the club is just not true, if you check my posts you will see that I am rarely if ever negative about the efforts of the players this session and the direction that s.o.d. is attempting totake us! I do though remain sceptical about the way the club is being run off the pitch, I and the fiasco after fiasco over tickets has done nothing to change my opinion, and as for describing me as reddish! well I don't claim to be a super fan like some but 42 years as a loyal supporter and having watched city in every division and on more than 50 away grounds makes me more than reddish! but hey ho became I don't go in for 200% happy clapping and dare to sometimes criticise the club that I love, I'm called negative, reddish, gas head, and once charmingly a brain dead moron! well sorry I'll continue to express my opinions, if I'm critical its not because I like being critical" its because I care so bloody much about this club, and want it to be the best it can be!

Glyn, this idea that I rarely say anything positive about the club is just not true, if you check my posts you will see that I am rarely if ever negative about the efforts of the players this session and the direction that s.o.d. is attempting totake us! I do though remain sceptical about the way the club is being run off the pitch, I and the fiasco after fiasco over tickets has done nothing to change my opinion, and as for describing me as reddish! well I don't claim to be a super fan like some but 42 years as a loyal supporter and having watched city in every division and on more than 50 away grounds makes me more than reddish! but hey ho became I don't go in for 200% happy clapping and dare to sometimes criticise the club that I love, I'm called negative, reddish, gas head, and once charmingly a brain dead moron! well sorry I'll continue to express my opinions, if I'm critical its not because I like being critical" its because I care so bloody much about this club, and want it to be the best it can be!

Easy tiger! I thought red(ish) sounded better than the blue corner, and TBF, if there is a thread on here discussing the non playing side of the club, you are usually all over it with negative comments.

As for name calling, I don't go in for it myself but have seen you use a few choice ones to describe the like of Dave L and other members of the non playing staff. If the cap fits and all that.

Anyway, it looks like I've managed to unite you and Monkeh so just call me Kofi Annan!!

Yes I've said what I've thought about certain people on here, and people have certainly done the same about me (including advising me what to do with a certain part of my dead mothers anatomy) the difference is that I have never complained about it or gone bleating to the mods! people are entitled to say what they want we have different opinions but I'm 100% sure that monkeh loves city every bit as much as I do!

Yes I've said what I've thought about certain people on here, and people have certainly done the same about me (including advising me what to do with a certain part of my dead mothers anatomy) the difference is that I have never complained about it or gone bleating to the mods! people are entitled to say what they want we have different opinions but I'm 100% sure that monkeh loves city every bit as much as I do!

That makes 2 of us then!

Oh I've no doubt of your support to city nether have I every had a problem about your aggresivness as you've normally appoligised when you've calmed down, I just don't understand why people feel the need to make out that ithis is the worst run club in the world, its not even the worst board we've ever had,

They've had to do a hell of a lot of cost cutting beacuse of the rules being put into place about football finances which people fail to understand and are baring the brunt of a lot of unjust comments,

Guy deserved to go he did't bring much to the club and it seems like he was responcable for the ticketing fiasco at the Bradford game (2 + 2 mind),

The club has reacted and do listen changing things when they have been highlighted to them (recent examples being the flags the esing of restrictions in the east end and the fixing of the cock up they made in the ayteo) but people still go on as if they are president assad of syria,

so you would be happy if the board brought in say Tony Pulis as director of Football (like Newvcastle with cockney Joe) or if we decided to change our colours to blue and white because it was the owners lucky colours,

They got the ticketing wrong in one ******* game ffs and they have made changes and it looks as if some ones head has rolled for it what more you you want? a public hanging perhaps?

Knowing our luck if we had a hanging the club would build a gallows 9' tall with a 4' long nose rope for a 6' tall victim.

amd what are city trying to emulate at the moment? Swansea......under this board who you think are awful,

Feel free to give lansdown 80 million and run it yourself

'Feel free to give lansdown 80 million and run it yourself'.

It may come as a shock to you but I don't have what Steve has therefore I cannot give him 80 million quid. If I had it I would gladly give it across.

What I can do though is be a supporter of this club* and have my say. Just because I haven't pumped money in aside from ticket fees and ancillary outlays such as shirts etc doesn't mean I shouldn't have a say in how the club is being run.

The 'pay up and run it yourself' comment gets right on my nerves. By the same token if Steve wanted to change the strip colour, if he wanted to relocate the club, if he wanted to change our name or if he wanted to rip the club up would you still say to naysayers 'pay up and run it yourself'? Expenditure doesn't buy you a voice nor an opinion. Thankfully it is something everyone is entitled to.

As for emulating the Swansea model I feel little confidence in our current board to be able to do that because of the mess-ups they have overseen over the past few years. Pleasing though it is that they acknowledge mistakes it will take time to turn things around. Talk is cheap and so whilst the soundbites may be good that does not mean they are suddenly running the club well or doing a good job. It will take a good few years to be able to tell if they have done that. BUT the mess we are in was under their oversite and leadership.

* before the rather predictable 'if you support the club get behind the board' response when I talk about club I talk about Bristol City FC. Bristol City FC is far bigger than whoever currently sits on the board or whoever pumps money in. Just because I may not be a fan of X, Y or Z does not mean I am not a fan of the club.

'Feel free to give lansdown 80 million and run it yourself'.

It may come as a shock to you but I don't have what Steve has therefore I cannot give him 80 million quid. If I had it I would gladly give it across.

What I can do though is be a supporter of this club* and have my say. Just because I haven't pumped money in aside from ticket fees and ancillary outlays such as shirts etc doesn't mean I shouldn't have a say in how the club is being run.

The 'pay up and run it yourself' comment gets right on my nerves. By the same token if Steve wanted to change the strip colour, if he wanted to relocate the club, if he wanted to change our name or if he wanted to rip the club up would you still say to naysayers 'pay up and run it yourself'? Expenditure doesn't buy you a voice nor an opinion. Thankfully it is something everyone is entitled to.

As for emulating the Swansea model I feel little confidence in our current board to be able to do that because of the mess-ups they have overseen over the past few years. Pleasing though it is that they acknowledge mistakes it will take time to turn things around. Talk is cheap and so whilst the soundbites may be good that does not mean they are suddenly running the club well or doing a good job. It will take a good few years to be able to tell if they have done that. BUT the mess we are in was under their oversite and leadership.

* before the rather predictable 'if you support the club get behind the board' response when I talk about club I talk about Bristol City FC. Bristol City FC is far bigger than whoever currently sits on the board or whoever pumps money in. Just because I may not be a fan of X, Y or Z does not mean I am not a fan of the club.

the point I'm trying to make is people expect instant results and we should be doing a swansea etc,

Well swansea didn't happen over night they got relegated and struggled in league two for a while before it started coming together (Huw Jenkins himself said this)

The problem isn't our board its our supports and the demands for instant sucsess, I can garentee if we draw tomorrow after putting in a fantastic performance this board will be full of people calling for SoD to go,

If we annonce any sort of loss in october (regardless of how much it may of been reduced since the 18 million loss) there will be people on here calling for lansdown to go,

Alex Fergison took 4 years to turn round Man United fortune Arsne Wenger to 3, the grat alan dicks took 9 years to get this club in to the top flight,

Fans need to be patiant and sadly thats a trait no held my 90% of our fan base

the point I'm trying to make is people expect instant results and we should be doing a swansea etc,

Well swansea didn't happen over night they got relegated and struggled in league two for a while before it started coming together (Huw Jenkins himself said this)

The problem isn't our board its our supports and the demands for instant sucsess, I can garentee if we draw tomorrow after putting in a fantastic performance this board will be full of people calling for SoD to go,

If we annonce any sort of loss in october (regardless of how much it may of been reduced since the 18 million loss) there will be people on here calling for lansdown to go,

Alex Fergison took 4 years to turn round Man United fortune Arsne Wenger to 3, the grat alan dicks took 9 years to get this club in to the top flight,

Fans need to be patiant and sadly thats a trait no held my 90% of our fan base

Understand your point and agree with the sentiment - patience is a virtue.

The problem is we are rebuilding from a mess largely created or allowed to happen by those at the top. I completely understand that the penny seems to have dropped and they want to go about things the right way and I would be delighted if this happens. Doesn't mean I'm confident or patting them on the back though. Up until recently in my opinion the club has been run as a joke and we wont see the fruits (if any) of these changes for a while yet.

Ultimately we have to be patient because we have no-one seemingly about to step in to take over. Doesn't mean I won't criticise when they drop the ball

Just because other clubs (like Newcastle and Cardiff as you rightly point out) are badly run it doesn't mean it's acceptable the utter lack of professionalism that is present in every area of our club. I'm glad Jon Lansdown has been removed as he clearly wasn't doing his job very well. Not quite sure how you've worked out I want a public hanging but am assuming your conception of a well run club is different to mine.

JL seems to have a wise head on young shoulders, chip off the old block i suppose.

Running a FC must be weird, its not a business, really, well it is, but one you constantly have to pump cash into, most businesses, sorry all businesses who operate like a football club are out of business or the management is sacked for gross incompetence.

I think since SL and CS have left, there have been big boots to fill.

Good boardroom shuffle all round it seems to me for many of the reasons quoted.

There will be no anniversary of Price leaving. I always wondered how he got the job in the first place; Sexstone and him gone.. thank goodness... well meaning i have no doubt but lightweight both.

I believe that Guy previously worked for the South West Regional Development Agency. He held good credentials regarding proposed developments in this area and was employed on zero wages for three months when that department closed down.

I think it was assumed that his knowledge about proposed developments would make him an ideal candidate to see through the stadium and AG planning application. Unfortunately, in my opinion he just couldn't get to grips with the skullduggery and underhand tactics used by all those opponents against the club and it's plans. Know your enemy, yet he seemed to not know his enemy, or what they were doing next, or anticipate what they might be doing or planning next. He's paid the price for failure on the stadium front, it would seem.

Archived