IGNORED

Boardroom Changes

Lew-T

Oh don't worry he's not a fan! he's a club employee, I'm not going to say who +unfortuanstly I have no influence, but one day hopefully things will change and the fans will have real influence rather than a so say supporters liaison office and the cosmetic sop of (to paraphrase billy cannily ) the wee pretendy fans parliament!

Price losing his job is liked to the ticketing cock up i suspect, Lansdown moving to vice chairman is just getting him ready to become chairman in a season or two so I have no idea why people are complaining about that,

Bringing in a more experanced man as chief exe and another man with 15 years experence for helping to run clubs is also good news,

over all they could of not announced any of this and we wouldn't really care much

Price losing his job is liked to the ticketing cock up i suspect, Lansdown moving to vice chairman is just getting him ready to become chairman in a season or two so I have no idea why people are complaining about that,

Bringing in a more experanced man as chief exe and another man with 15 years experence for helping to run clubs is also good news,

over all they could of not announced any of this and we wouldn't really care much

Speak for yourself. How badly run the club is is a total embarrassment and source of regular outrage for me. Needs sorting ASAP.

Oh don't worry he's not a fan! he's a club employee, I'm not going to say who +unfortuanstly I have no influence, but one day hopefully things will change and the fans will have real influence rather than a so say supporters liaison office and the cosmetic sop of (to paraphrase billy cannily ) the wee pretendy fans parliament!

Could be wrong but I expect the person you refer to was a fan of this club before you were eating solid foods...

• Admin

From the days of when I was in the know, heard nothing but good things about Doug Harman, I think he worked in banking for many years. Very experienced and very cool a d calm.

So how does that help with running a football club?

I'm sure many of us are very experienced in what we do

Mr Price made some very bold and audacious comments around his appointment. If anything the "brand's" profile is far lower than prior to his appoinment.

It's what they teach marketing people on courses these days, "brand" this, "brand" that.

One of my Cos. subsidiaries had a marketing graduate in (cheap deal through some funding), lovely girl, organised photo-shoots, great communicator. But, like City, there was no requirement for this "Building the Brand" stuff as the Brand was already sufficiently strong, what they actually needed was a salesman and finally got one after she left.

Unfortunately many Boards seem to think marketing and sales are interchangeable when they are very different. City does not need marketing or a brand, it needs sales.

look at how portsmouth was run and how newcastle cardiff are currently run and come back and tell me we are a badly run club

Ridiculous post.

Look at how Swansea are doing and come back and tell me we aren't a badly run club.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't have the foggiest what Guy Price actually did?

Or what he looked like?!

I'm happy with the way things are going on the pitch at this football club but the jury is still out with the board. They are as much to blame as the players for last season!

Not sure why JL has moved to a different role, but I expect as the representative of the majority shareholder it was with his consent.

Whilst it sounds hands off, there are no guarantees it actually is. In football Chairmen are far more involved in the day to day than in any other business where normally they are just letterhead names for the old boys network.

I think JL is pretty smart and more in touch with fans than most we've had involved in the club, despite age and experience, so I hope he's still involved in some ways.

I'll be interested to see if Doug Harman is competent or not. Perhaps he can add the experience needed.

I'm glad Guy Price has been given marching orders - an entirely useless employee who caused more problems than he solved.

I am surprised there were no changes in the commercial side since that's been a shambles in a few different ways recently.

look at how portsmouth was run and how newcastle cardiff are currently run and come back and tell me we are a badly run club

If our comparison is Portsmouth then yes, we are run well. But in comparison to other clubs, I'm assuming they know how to sell tickets and let people into a match, which we often fail to do. You'd imagine that's pretty basic stuff.

Ridiculous post.

Look at how Swansea are doing and come back and tell me we aren't a badly run club.

amd what are city trying to emulate at the moment? Swansea......under this board who you think are awful,

Feel free to give lansdown 80 million and run it yourself

Archived