IGNORED

A Message To The Dressing Room - Against Shrewsbury?

PFree

Go on, what would yours be? I know that players read this forum...

Time for the excuses to stop and for you to bring some pride back to Bristol City, you will win this game but need to earn the right, everyone of you has to win their personal battle - show desire and effort in everything you do - we are in this together and it's absolutely vital every person plays their part, without fail.

Focus on how we'll feel after the game when we've won, how good it'll feel to be applauded and cheered off and the difference it'll make to the whole of the club and training afterwards...

Pass the ball.

Lee Johnson passed the ball, but he was shit and hammered on here, Kilkenny does that but is shit and makes the wrong decisions.

Listen to any SoD interview and its not about passing the ball, it's about making the right decisions and giving ourselves options, yesterday that didnt happen, It amazes me how many fans still can't understand SoD's view and mindset and just scream...pass the ball....

You can pass the ball all day long and get no where, but we need to make the right decisions with the ball and the players must give themselves the right options. That was no existant yesterday.

Lee Johnson passed the ball, but he was shit and hammered on here, Kilkenny does that but is shit and makes the wrong decisions.

Listen to any SoD interview and its not about passing the ball, it's about making the right decisions and giving ourselves options, yesterday that didnt happen, It amazes me how many fans still can't understand SoD's view and mindset and just scream...pass the ball....

You can pass the ball all day long and get no where, but we need to make the right decisions with the ball and the players must give themselves the right options. That was no existant yesterday.

The harsh reality is it based on "results", obviously we all want to win pretty, but when we never win it then becomes a problem

i must say lads ive never been so fking bored in all my life ..wheres all youre passion gone,most of you looked fkd..starting wearing the shirt with pride and the crowds will come flocking back .more of that shite and you will be playing infront of 6,000..come on we know you have the belief,start showing us it..where all in this together,shape up or ship out starting tuesday. :city:

it might go like this.

' Gentlemen, meet Sam Baldock, he's quite a nippy chap, and as you'll see, stands about 5 feet and 4 inches in high heels. The thing is he would love to see sight of the ball tonight, preferably played to his feet and not to his imaginary 8 foot co-striker. Now you'll see him pointing regularly and running away from his marker, what that means is - CAN YOU PLAY THE BALL HERE, NOW! - not tricky to understand, so lets give it a go.'

and ' stop going back and forth across the back until someone panics and we **** it up'

Before showing them two pictures, one of MK DONS and one of REAL MADRID - and ask them who THEY aspire to be like.

I don't think we got out-played at all yesterday. How many saves did Fielding have to make?

He should have stopped the first, no keeper would have stopped the second, and the third was a breakaway and Cunningham should have made the tackle on the halfway line.

We lacked any physicality upfront and made no impression in their penalty area until Harewood came on. Not surprisingly we created 4-5 chances at the end. The trouble is how to accommodate Harewood, JET and Baldock. 4-3-3 or JET wide in 4-4-2 or at top of a diamond?

Essentially its all covered by MOVEMENT. Yesterday we played lots of pretty back four passing but the aimless lump comes from no movement infront of them.

Swansea did it, even Posh did it. The right decisions as SOD puts it will be made so much easier if players moved in to space, allowing passes in a forward direction to be made!!!

As saying we can win it doesn't seem to be working I suggest:

"Shrewsbury are a massive club with an impressive history and are on a current run of excellent form, they are eight positions above us in the league and are dangerous going forward and extremely tough to break down at the back. They are bound to score a few goals with their strikeforce so please, for the sake of the fans, try to keep the defeat down to just two or three goals and who knows we might just be able to sneak one in the bag ourselves if they let their guard down. I know you're all good lads and will try your best to make this happen. Good luck out there and, above all, enjoy it."

Forget sod's dry theories and concepts of performance and outcomes and go and give it your f'in all for the fans who paid hard earned money to be here. Win every tackle and put the ball in their net more than they do yours. You can start by playing the ball to Sams feet rather than 3 ft over his head. If your not going to leave everything on the pitch then go home now.

I don't think we got out-played at all yesterday. How many saves did Fielding have to make?

He should have stopped the first, no keeper would have stopped the second, and the third was a breakaway and Cunningham should have made the tackle on the halfway line.

We lacked any physicality upfront and made no impression in their penalty area until Harewood came on. Not surprisingly we created 4-5 chances at the end. The trouble is how to accommodate Harewood, JET and Baldock. 4-3-3 or JET wide in 4-4-2 or at top of a diamond?

We are probably in the minority but I generally agree with this and SOD's comments that is was small margins.

OK the end result isn't a small margin but what led to it was. If you take their star man out and look at the stats, we had more possesion, as many shots and had JET brought his shooting boots then it would have been close.

I know it is all IF's etc but I can see positive signs and perhaps a bit of luck our way can change things around.

Think SOD must play Parish on Tuesday now though.

Go on, what would yours be? I know that players read this forum...

Time for the excuses to stop and for you to bring some pride back to Bristol City, you will win this game but need to earn the right, everyone of you has to win their personal battle - show desire and effort in everything you do - we are in this together and it's absolutely vital every person plays their part, without fail.

Focus on how we'll feel after the game when we've won, how good it'll feel to be applauded and cheered off and the difference it'll make to the whole of the club and training afterwards...

Just to get them in good spirits they could put some of the "SO'D out" and such like threads on the projector.

That'll get them laughing, anyway.

Thinking about it, they should put it on after training for a laugh as it may not prove very effective to go into a match with stitches from laughter.

Play the fast passing attacking football they have at times played in the first few games, let the opposition worry about us, not change our shape and team to try to counter the opposition - the side I watched that had only played a few games together I thought would get better each weak when they started to get to know one another - sadly we seem to kinda stuck in a rut instead....

We are probably in the minority but I generally agree with this and SOD's comments that is was small margins.

OK the end result isn't a small margin but what led to it was. If you take their star man out and look at the stats, we had more possesion, as many shots and had JET brought his shooting boots then it would have been close.

I know it is all IF's etc but I can see positive signs and perhaps a bit of luck our way can change things around.

Think SOD must play Parish on Tuesday now though.

No need to take their star man out; we had significantly more possession, period.

Archived