IGNORED

A Message To The Dressing Room - Against Shrewsbury?

PFree

I have been reading OTIB and at present, we are clearly doomed. You are apparently all useless and have no pride in the shirt. Yes, I know that last week you were lauded as heroes and everybody had the feel good factor back. No you are a disgrace. If we beat Shrewsbury tonight, then no doubt we will be play off certainties and whoever might play well will once again be the OTIB darling. At least until Saturday when you will once again be a Hero/villain/waste of space/lazy ****/future international (delete depending on result)

Yeah a team that's been in unbelievable form since the start of this year, has already scored a gazillion goals this year and is second in the league is really going to worry about a team who haven't won all season. Naive.

Shrewsbury 2nd? Sorry but I'm not naive enough to believe that.

I don't think we got out-played at all yesterday. How many saves did Fielding have to make?

He should have stopped the first, no keeper would have stopped the second, and the third was a breakaway and Cunningham should have made the tackle on the halfway line.

We lacked any physicality upfront and made no impression in their penalty area until Harewood came on. Not surprisingly we created 4-5 chances at the end. The trouble is how to accommodate Harewood, JET and Baldock. 4-3-3 or JET wide in 4-4-2 or at top of a diamond?

I see jet playing at the head of a diamond with Baldock and Harewood or new target man when he gets here up top,would stick with this at home and let the opposition worry about us for a change!..of course away you wouldn't necessarily want this shape and adapt accordingly.

I see jet playing at the head of a diamond with Baldock and Harewood or new target man when he gets here up top,would stick with this at home and let the opposition worry about us for a change!..of course away you wouldn't necessarily want this shape and adapt accordingly.

That would mean JET having to be the second midfielder when defending, with either Pack, Elliott or Wynter at the holding player. I love JET but I wouldn't be confident that midfield wouldn't get over-run. Reid's a much better bet at top of a diamond as he can do the defensive bit better too. Let JET roam.

Sorry my bad, read that as a dig about what we did on Saturday. We had to worry about Peterborough because we ain't good enough yet not to.

Fair does for clearing that up. I think Assombalonga will be a handful for most defences this season, never mind our newly formed young one. I would like to see us impose ourselves on other teams though, take the game to them and not give the opposition too much respect, hence my act like the home team comment.

And yup it is a useless thread, nothing we say will make a blind bit of difference.

Give your over-flated recession busting salaries to charity this month as so far you ahven't earned any of it!

What did SOD say the average age of our team was on Saturday in his press conference today? 22? Way to go in helping them get better. I'd say this lot have already shown more passion and desire than we saw from last season's shower. They need our encouragement not bollocks like this.

Have you ever taken 20, 30, 40% of your wages to spend on a holiday, a car or a suit that wasn't quite up to it? Imagine if you had to pay for that pair of sh*t boots your sponsor sent the other year, some of those men, women and children can't take their gamble back. Their ticket to seeing a potential spectacle lies with you, whether your playing Shrewsbury Town, Chelsea or Real F*cking Madrid, you owe it to them to put up a fight and play the football you played in the cup this year.

No one's going to hang you out to dry for going direct, even if it's constant bombardment from the air; likewise, poking the ball into space and running after it is not negative football. Throw your weight around and enjoy the battle, there were 17,000 people enjoying the derby last week and if you can find it in yourselves to perform, that crowd will return, there are no excuses now, no financial barriers for the fans, the club will do what it can if the players perform and produce.

Forget the fancy flicks, play the way you face, talk to your team mates and for the first 15 minutes at least, shoot on sight. Let them know you're there and the fans will let you know that they, your supporters, are there. Challenge every ball, run every yard and live for every chance to get your foot in, play that cutting pass, finish that flowing move. You are proffessional footballers, this should be the best 90 minutes of your life for the next 4 days. Love the rush it gives you.

We'll only have 11 players on the pitch at any point tonight; play with drive, determination and desire and you wont have a team of 11 leaders, you'll have a club of 11,000 leaders.

Archived