IGNORED

No Pain No Gain

REDTURK

The last few seasons have I agree being very painful for all City fans.

There have been some false dawns along the way and a few glimmers of hope during this time.......... I thought the home game against Southampton a couple of seasons ago when we won 2-0 and played them off the park with Carey having Ricky Lambert in his pocket would be a turning point.......again this season we played well for 2 whole halves against a Premiership team and should have won by more........................ It's going to be a long hard road I'm afraid as the consistency of performance is not there yet.

Having supported City since 1974 I have gone through some emotional "highs and lows" and "thick and thins" during this time and in the words of Kevin Keegan,,, " More thins than thicks!"

I sincerely hope that the Board holds it's nerve on this occasion and that fellow supporters give SOD and the team as much support as possible. It would be ludicrous in my opinion to get rid of SOD.What did getting rid of Johnson, Millen and McInness actually achieve? We must consign this short termism to the scrap heap.

SOD is trying to change the whole football mentality of our First/Reserve/Youth/Academy teams. This is going to take time and with the best will in the world is not going to happen overnight.

Having resided in the Swansea area for the last 12 years I have witnessed the fall and rise of Swansea City FC from a team that hung on to it's Football League status by the skin of his teeth to a team now that plays football the right way in the richest and most watched League in the world.

The journey for Swansea had its ups and downs along the way certainly for the first Manager employed to instigate their football revolution Kenny Jackett. The Board held their nerve and Jackett laid the foundations to be built on by Martinez and co.

I personally would rather see a long term fix which has strong foundations to build on even if this means another season or so of further set backs and heartache........ look at the many examples of The Phoenix rising from the ashes.... Newport County, AFC Wimbledon Yeovil.

The players that we have are more than good enough to compete at this level. They will get better as the season progresses. the style of play being asked of them will become easier to implement. Eventually we will be playing an attacking passing game through the middle and down the wings rather than side ways and backwards.

Swansea actually attract great players soley on the basis that these players want to play in a team that passes the ball out from the back rather than adopting a route one style of play.They are now in a very positive position ... enormous club finances and attractive footballing style

After almost 40 years of supporting City another couple of years of hurt wont matter providing we can be in dreamland for the next 10 years like Swansea!!

There have been some false dawns along the way and a few glimmers of hope during this time.......... I thought the home game against Southampton a couple of seasons ago when we won 2-0 and played them off the park with Carey having Ricky Lambert in his pocket would be a turning point.......again this season we played well for 2 whole halves against a Premier League team and should have won by more........................ It's going to be a long hard road I'm afraid as the consistency of performance is not there yet.

Having supported City since 1974 I have gone through some emotional "highs and lows" and "thick and thins" during this time and in the words of Kevin Keegan,,, " More thins than thicks!"

I sincerely hope that the Board holds it's nerve on this occasion and that fellow supporters give SOD and the team as much support as possible. It would be ludicrous in my opinion to get rid of SOD.What did getting rid of Johnson, Millen and McInness actually achieve? We must consign this short termism to the scrap heap.

SOD is trying to change the whole football mentality of our First/Reserve/Youth/Academy teams. This is going to take time and with the best will in the world is not going to happen overnight.

Having resided in the Swansea area for the last 12 years I have witnessed the fall and rise of Swansea City FC from a team that hung on to it's Football League status by the skin of his teeth to a team now that plays football the right way in the richest and most watched League in the world.

The journey for Swansea had its ups and downs along the way certainly for the first Manager employed to instigate their football revolution Kenny Jackett. The Board held their nerve and Jackett laid the foundations to be built on by Martinez and co.

I personally would rather see a long term fix which has strong foundations to build on even if this means another season or so of further set backs and heartache........ look at the many examples of The Phoenix rising from the ashes.... Newport County, AFC Wimbledon Yeovil.

The players that we have are more than good enough to compete at this level. They will get better as the season progresses. the style of play being asked of them will become easier to implement. Eventually we will be playing an attacking passing game through the middle and down the wings rather than side ways and backwards.

Swansea actually attract great players soley on the basis that these players want to play in a team that passes the ball out from the back rather than adopting a route one style of play.They are now in a very positive position ... enormous club finances and attractive footballing style

After almost 40 years of supporting City another couple of years of hurt wont matter providing we can be in dreamland for the next 10 years like Swansea!!

Superb post. Bravo that man! Or woman?!

Keep trying to get this point across. You could see on sataday that the players were a lot more comfortable on the ball than any of the team have been in the last few years. Even if they didnt do alot with it. Its improving slowly but surely. Confident we'll beat a lot of teams in this league, just maybe not the top ones. Unfortunately the top two favourites have already beaten us.

• Admin

At last a sensible and balanced post. It's sad reality that so many fans simply don't grasp that Rome wasn't built in a day. To the uninitiated it's all about in lose or draw with no awareness of the longer aim.

I mainly agree, but I am 100% sure that the rebuild should be by now be showing some improvement in results. We have been in decline since the playoff final defeat, its getting a bit repetive and soul destroying, its having a detrimental effect ( along with, I'm sure, the ground debacle) on the morale of fans and that surely filters through to the playing side.

Excellent post by the OP... can't be arsed to read most of the over reactive drivel on here... stumbled on this... pleasant surprise.

What pisses me off the most about so many of our fans is that they would rather have us win but have no foundation to back up those wins and progress.

We can already see improvement... just not results... they will come eventually. Why can't fans just realise this?

Another manager won't help... and these are the players we have got.

Enjoy the ride and try and get enjoyment out of watching the plan in action...

I'm sure there are (kids) many on here who did not witness or remember our infortunate plight with Tinnion in charge.

Similar position, much lower crowds and a team full of no hopers.

What we've got now is something to build on and not panic about. Sustainability on the fringe and football being run and played the right way.

Totally with the OP and part of the minority who can see more than what's in front of my eyes.

Excellent post by the OP... can't be arsed to read most of the over reactive drivel on here... stumbled on this... pleasant surprise.

What pisses me off the most about so many of our fans is that they would rather have us win but have no foundation to back up those wins and progress.

We can already see improvement... just not results... they will come eventually. Why can't fans just realise this?

Another manager won't help... and these are the players we have got.

Enjoy the ride and try and get enjoyment out of watching the plan in action...

I don't understand where that came from, because apart from the odd post I haven't really seen anyone calling for SOD's head, all I have seen is some people not hanging on to every word he utters like he is some kind of prophet and making him out to be something he is not, he is a manager with so far a less than average managerial record, he is making mistakes in fact mistakes that helped his predecessors through the door, tinkering and playing players in their accustomed positions for starters.

Posters with the OP's view, yours and RR and others, have this idea that if anyone criticises SOD they must be people who are expecting us to walk straight back into the championship, I don't see anybody believing that at all, just mid table anything else is a bonus, the problem is the excuses and they are excuses, "ah we'll beat Shrewsbury" and if we don't what will the excuse be then, no more excuses at the moment things are not good enough on or off of the pitch.

Well done Redturk and great post

The club certainly isn't making it easy to buy into what you're saying, as off the field they can't seem to be able to organise a piss up in a brewery and the players didn't make it any easier by not turning up on Saturday either.

I agree with everything you say though and this club really has got to reinvent itself and hopefully shake off all the negative baggage it's saddled itself with after years of under-achievement.

I goes without saying we would all have hoped to have seen a better start to this season, but people really have got to show the patience to see this through, as I can't see where a better opportunity to rebuild this club will come from. SO'D has to be given the time, because to be honest, if he can't do the job, we have to start looking at what's wrong with this club that brings in managers and players with potential or proven experience and turns them into complete numpties and failures. If he does fail, this may point towards the problems at this club running far deeper than us fans realise.

Hopefully this won't be the case though and in a few games, we'll be seeing a team who look good on paper starting to look equally as good on the pitch.

I don't understand where that came from, because apart from the odd post I haven't really seen anyone calling for SOD's head, all I have seen is some people not hanging on to every word he utters like he is some kind of prophet and making him out to be something he is not, he is a manager with so far a less than average managerial record, he is making mistakes in fact mistakes that helped his predecessors through the door, tinkering and playing players in their accustomed positions for starters.

Posters with the OP's view, yours and RR and others, have this idea that if anyone criticises SOD they must be people who are expecting us to walk straight back into the championship, I don't see anybody believing that at all, just mid table anything else is a bonus, the problem is the excuses and they are excuses, "ah we'll beat Shrewsbury" and if we don't what will the excuse be then, no more excuses at the moment things are not good enough on or off of the pitch.

This is the post I agree with.

You can't make a post saying "sacking Johnson, Millen and McInnes - where did it get us?" and not invite the answer "down, but we'd probably be in L2 or nailed on to end up there if we'd not have made managerial changes."

Let Sean convince me that he is the cunning strategist that he makes out in his intrrviews and that others blindly believe. For me, the jury has had a very long retirement. - and I thought that before Saturday.

There have been some false dawns along the way and a few glimmers of hope during this time.......... I thought the home game against Southampton a couple of seasons a when we won 2-0 and played them off the park with Carey having Ricky Lambert in his pocket would be a turning point.......again this season we played well for 2 whole halves against a Premier League team and should have won by more........................ It's going to be a long hard road I'm afraid as the consistency of performance is not there yet.

...team we outplayed we're Palace second eleven..as for Millen and Del-boy,both men poor acquisitions by the board and badly out of their depth.and as for the other manager mentioned....Yoevil are your very own yardstick and answer to that thorny episode!...sadly the couple of years you mention may well be doubled before any fruit will come to bear.

I can understand peoples frustrations at lack of results... but I can't understand how people can't see with their own eyes that we are playing better football.

For a start, our possession % has improved drastically. Stats show that and you can see it when you watch.

Ok... we are not winning league games yet... but we are only mid way through September.

If we are in the bottom 3 come January... then I may question what is going on.

But already I can see improvement with my own eyes.

There are a lot of our squad that are being given a chance at first team football. Bryan, Reid and Wynter for example.

We are a young team compared to what we've had in the past.

Fans were calling for this to happen...'Blood the youngsters'... get in a manager who was brave to do it and put in a plan... and just because results aren't coming straight away... the usual fans throw their toys out the pram... the club can't win.

I believe a few loan players will come in to bolster in certain positions.

We are still weak in certain areas and some players are not playing to their full potential at the moment... notably Maloney, Cunningham and Fielding. Individual mistakes have killed us over past games... notably Fontaine and Fielding.

Once this gets sorted... we will start getting results.

I have total faith in what SoD is trying to do... but it really is going to take all season to really see much improvement.

As for how the Club is being run off the pitch... I agree it's a shambles... and the ticketing issue is probably adding frustration and pressure on how people feel about the Club, and are taking it out on SoD and the team.

I honestly believe we will be in the bottom half of this league for most of the season... I expect improvement as the season progresses.

We are bringing in young players who are hungry and intelligent and willing to be molded into a way of playing... it really is a plan.

Even more experienced players like Baldock have said it's taking time to sink in and understand the theory... once they get it, then i'm sure the end results and stability of the club will be better.

Archived