IGNORED

Neil Warnock Anyone?

Andy082005

lads, instead of thinking about who to get next, while o'driscoll is still here, why not get behind him and the team, and let him do what he is trying to do. personally, you can see what he is trying to do, but it's just not happening yet, give it until Christmas, if things still aren't right by then, this is when we should expect the sack.

Well seems as if theres a lot of people already at their wits end with O'Driscoll and what he is trying to achieve or instill here at City.

I personally, just dont know. 9 months for me is plenty of time to see some sort of progression....yet for me, in the areas that were our problematic areas....we have not improved one jot.

Our defence. Whats going on? Were conceding on 2 or 3 a game...pathetic. As last season proved, if this is not addressed immediately, it will result in one thing...relegation. Anyone who does not feel that at this point in time we are facing a.relegation dog fight, is deluded.

I really give up and I just dont get why this club, no matter what manager they bring in, just cannot progress. Whats worrying me is O'Driscolls attitude that this is "the way things have to go before things get better".

I really.didnt think things could get any worse this season. My expectations were half way, just above. I really thought this.season the enjoyment factor was gonna come back.

How wrong could I be.

This season is gonna be a scrap and I dont believe this manager is up to the job. I look forward to reading about him putting Andy Stockheusen right and how we held the ball etc....but ball retention means sweet F.A if when you havent got it, you let the other team walk the ball into the back of the net.

We deserve better....and in better, I mean that we deserve some kind of progression in the last 9 months.

We fail to win next week, for me he has to go

was my personal choice last time around..people just think he is a bit of a loudmouth but theres a hell of a lot more going on than being vocal.not gonna happen now though,and nor should it.

Totally fed up with all this transitional period/this is how its gonna be talk now from sod,what is it now since we last won a league game? Something stupid like 19 matches. Sod you aint manager of doncaster anymore where comments like this washed.(oh i forgot, doncaster got relegated from the championship and bounced back at the first attempt last season). Surely any manager worth his salt could have fluked a couple of wins in this time? Coupled with the fact that he is a complete nause to listen to and comes across as an utter dick i would have warnock in tomorrow(also a dick but a dick who knows how to motivate a side and win games).

lads, instead of thinking about who to get next, while O'Driscoll is still here, why not get behind him and the team, and let him do what he is trying to do. personally, you can see what he is trying to do, but it's just not happening yet, give it until Christmas, if things still aren't right by then, this is when we should expect the sack.

I keep seeing give it till xmas and I think why.

SOD came in during January at a point where we were effectively down. No-one could have expected him to keep us up, although I expected us to show at least a whimper.

Why let another come in in same circumstances.

Whatever camp you are in it is completely unreasonable to expect questions not to be asked given our start when we have had short periods in each game looking well, and a practically fruitless return. If this continues over the coming weeks then reasonably questions will continue to be asked.

I've not seen any reason to have more confidence in SOD than I should any other manager during HIS time here. Couldn't give a toss what he's done elsewhere as sometimes players and managers fit, sometimes they don't. Nearly everyone out there has a blemish on their CV and we could be one on SOD's. Doesn't make him crap, just makes him the wrong appointment at the wrong time.

Carte blanche to continue regardless of what return we are seeing is imho incredibly foolish.

When SoD was appointed the views from forest and donny fans (mostly donny due to length of time there) were don't expect loads of goals, be ready for 1-0 victories and he likes to play from a solid base.couldn't have been more wrong so far! Just wondering if any of his previous teams struggled in a similar way when he was newish to them.maybe he has been more attacking with us than with his other sides or have games just panned out in a way that has led to us being a bit gung ho at tmes? Or our defence and keeper have just made too many mistakes and are shot to pieces confidence wise maybe.puzzling and unlike Sod teams normally are in relation to goals scored and conceded so far.don't know a detailed answer to our problems so far just the obvious conceding too many goals.back on topic, mr warnock, never want to see him within a million miles of the managers job here.

Frankly, if City fans drove out O'Driscoll so soon and got him replaced with Warnock, I'd seriously question my allegiance to this club.

So soon? I don't agree with that. Can you think of any other manager who has remained in his job on the back of a 17 match run without a league win?

As for Warnock - yes, he's long been the man for this club.

Trouble is, 1 we're probably too much of a sh*tty basket case for him now. 2 could our board stomach someone who'd stand up to them and tell it like it is and want full control?

We'd need to get rid of SOD's mate Burt too (only at bcfc could you let the coach appoint his chosen DoF). No great loss. From what ive seen his scouting network appears to be a list of ex-Forest and ex-SOD players.

Why do people just assume Warnock the dinosaur would come here!? Some are living on another planet.

He's the type of manager that is a dying breed in the game and he would be a complete short term fix. What's the point!? What guarantees would he bring?

We have to stick with SOD now I am afraid. People need to get over this bollox about him being boring. He's a ******* Football manager not a ******* comedian! Because you see a manager on sky sports with a bit if charisma that's how all managers have to be is it!?

Seriously just for once can't some of us just hang on a little bit longer? A new manager would not bring instant results.

So soon? I don't agree with that. Can you think of any other manager who has remained in his job on the back of a 17 match run without a league win?

The arguments have been done to death on this one. Fundamental change in playing style, decimation of budget, legacy squad / mentality, negative atmosphere, cultural change management issues, etc etc. It's clear fans disagree and there's no killer argument. But for me, yes it's too soon. I don't give a damn whether any other manager has been given as much time as seventeen games. I want to give him more time, as do over 80% of forum users according to every poll on the subject over the last few months.

Even if SOD goes - which I really don't think he should - the fact is we've now signed players to play more of a passing game and spent three months or so trying to instill that in them (I'd argue fairly successfully in that respect - it's our defensive errors and what we do without the ball that's letting them down).

I see absolutely no point in throwing everything out the window and completely changing direction again - this club's lack of direction and identity has been its major problem over the years as it stands. What we need is someone to take the passing and ball possession work but improve us defensively and tactically, rather than a short-term fix with a completely new plan.

The other thing is Coppell and O'Driscoll were both proven managers with strong track records who were sought after by other clubs. The idea we sack the manager, get an established name in and everything suddenly improves has been disproved time and time again. Why on Earth do fans think doing it again is the way to go?

Even if SOD goes - which I really don't think he should - the fact is we've now signed players to play more of a passing game and spent three months or so trying to instill that in them (I'd argue fairly successfully in that respect - it's our defensive errors and what we do without the ball that's letting them down).

I see absolutely no point in throwing everything out the window and completely changing direction again - this club's lack of direction and identity has been its major problem over the years as it stands. What we need is someone to take the passing and ball possession work but improve us defensively and tactically, rather than a short-term fix with a completely new plan.

The other thing is Coppell and O'Driscoll were both proven managers with strong track records who were sought after by other clubs. The idea we sack the manager, get an established name in and everything suddenly improves has been disproved time and time again. Why on Earth do fans think doing it again is the way to go?

What makes you think that changing managers would mean changing direction again. I find it hilarious how some people seem to think that SOD is the only manager who favours a passing game. A lot of managers do, and a lot of them couple it with a good defence and some good results

What makes you think that changing managers would mean changing direction again. I find it hilarious how some people seem to think that SOD is the only manager who favours a passing game. A lot of managers do, and a lot of them couple it with a good defence and some good results

I understood the comment to mean that bringing in Warnock would mean changing direction again.

and what happens if this actually happens and he nothing improves? He was supposedly the new messiah at Leeds and they made no progress when he went there to 'take them up'.

Be careful what you wish for

Reminds me of a certain SOD 9 months down the line, though substitute 'take them up' with making competitive.

I understood the comment to mean that bringing in Warnock would mean changing direction again.

Yep - that's exactly what I meant. Even if, further down the line, we decide we need to change managers, I really don't want us to change philosophy or direction. Yes, we need to improve defensively and improve our results. But I genuinely think the players SOD has brought in are decent and, even if he did turn out not to be the man to get the team where we want, he's laid foundations that I'd rather were built on rather than dismantled.

Yeah it's mad that some people seem to think only SOD or maybe Wenger can play passing football. Most teams play "football" these days. I was at Accrington v Rochdale yesterday. Two teams passing the ball positively and a thoroughly entertaining game. It was quite refreshing.

Archived