IGNORED

Fifa 14 - Ultimate Team

BRISTOL86

**** me the transfer system is weird on manager mode. How do you know if a player is any good or not?

Manager mode is the game mode I've always played and this has killed it for me a little bit. It's meant to bring you closer to the scouting system but I couldn't care less about them. I like the overall ratings as a general marker of a player's overall skill. I don't want to sign a player who looks alright but then ends up warming e bench until I can get rid of him in the next window. The menu lag when skipping page-to-page is infuriating too. Back to Ni no Kuni I go.

Can't understand why people think its good.

Its no longer fluid and it feels like you are constantly fighting with control pad

Agree. Players can't control the ball and it just seems to roll away from them all the time. Not enjoying it at the moment.

It's more realistic, You have to have good ball control and dribbling, Also not holding down R2/RT helps

JET is insane, Flint has scored 7 in 4 games all from corners and, Harwood and Taylor up front in my reserves/second team is a force, My UT record 6-0-0 conceded 0, **** watching City today all round my house to watch us win and keep a clean sheet

It's more realistic, You have to have good ball control and dribbling, Also not holding down R2/RT helps

JET is insane, Flint has scored 7 in 4 games all from corners and, Harwood and Taylor up front in my reserves/second team is a force, My UT record 6-0-0 conceded 0, **** watching City today all round my house to watch us win and keep a clean sheet

I think everyone else will agree by looking at these three bits I've put in bold that this doesn't make sense.

It's more realistic... Flint has scored seven in four and conceded zero in six games? Don't know if that's realistic.

I think everyone else will agree by looking at these three bits I've put in bold that this doesn't make sense.

It's more realistic... Flint has scored seven in four and conceded zero in six games? Don't know if that's realistic.

It's only because I'm really good ;)

But you don't always create chances when you attack unlike previous versions and the defence has a shape and sticks to it so it's hard to break teams down again realistic

I've set up my ultimate current City team on there, with a self-imposed rule that I'm on allowed to use players that have played at least 1 game for us.

Rating wise this is the best team I can put out:

Stephen Henderson;

Luke Wilkshire, Steven Caulker, Richard Keogh, Nicky Shorey

Albert Adomah, Cole Skuse, Marvin Elliott, Yannick Bolasie

Nicky Maynard, Chris Wood

I've made about 30 signings so far and have also got guys like Heaton, Orr, Fontaine, Cotterill, Sproule, Lita, Pitman etc in the squad as well. Never done this before but it's pretty fun to do.

There may be one or two players that I've forgotten have played for us so what would you say is the ultimate current City team potentially available?

Edit: Danny Rose would be the highest rated leftback but I can't be bothered to buy him yet.

Also, this is on PS3 and if anyone fancies a game let me know. Username: Roe617

Finished my first season on FIFA 14 with none other than Bristol City of course.

Fielding 69

Moloney 68

Flint 67

Williams 67

Cunningham 68

Wagstaff 67

Pack 67

Kelly 69

Bryan 68

JET 71

Baldock 70

Signed Adam Campbell for £500K, and signed 2 Japanese centre backs on free transfer. Also invested in 2 x 3 star youth scouts. I've promoted 2 players; a winger with unbelieveable tekkers, and a CF.

Won the league :D

SO'D out - JammyOne IN!

Wasn't a fan of it at first but slowly getting into it. It's definitely more realistic, and encourages you to try and pass the ball more effectively during an attack. The presentation is a nice step up from the last one too!

I thought the same too, but it's grown on me.

I'm finding the Career mode far more challenging than previous versions. For example, having players make unreasonable wage demands. Joe Bryan wants 15K in wages when my budget is 9K! Now it's forced me to either promote a youth player, find a replacement or make the funds available to pay it.

Still hating on the "Global Transfer Network".

Just want to see if they're good enough without having to buy a player who looks good but he's shit or is only one overall rating point better than what I already have.

Yeah it makes it a little challenging.

Btw, here's a tip: When buying free transfers, press the right control stick on one of the players to bring their stats up, keep scrolling down to compare stats until you get a player with points in the green, go to offer them a contract and if they demand anything more than 6K a week then they will be first team worthy. Anything above 10K, chances are they are better than what you have.

I'm finding the youth academy players to be a little strange. I have a GK that can play CAM and RM, and also I have a 5.6' winger that can play CB!

Got Bristol City promoted on my Career, And unbeaten in 10 on UT, Looking good for me

You can now sign players on free transfers in January if there contract is up at the end of the season, But they see out the remaining months unless you have a £0 bid accepted, Managed to sign Tom Ince on a free but set me back a huge wedge in wage 32k a week!!!!

I have got rid of all the dead wood, No Pearson Killa Fonts anymore, And signed Berhino? WBA striker on loan, I was playing on World Class up until Christmas on the game, But I was clear at the top by 14 points and changed to Legendary to make it tougher, Just got second place in the end :o

Got the end of 2019 season and the game crashed! The only remaining City players I had were Tom King, Lewis Hall, Toby Ajala. The rest were signed on free transfers. I had to sell Adam Campbell in the end, but got £5.5 mil for him (bought for 500k).

Had a premier league worthy team as well. Gutted. I might have to start seeing friends again. :(

Yep same. I'm going for serie A/Italy as well.

Same again, 4-1-2-1-2 if you guys haven't tried him yet Balotelli is a must buy he is insane, Pacey, strong, tall, powerful laser guided bullet shots an absolute tank. Handanovic must also be the best GK in the game for the price, serie A is the way to go for bargains.

Has anyone found a way of correcting city's kit in FIFA 14? Red shorts!

This really annoyed me. It's the totally wrong red, too. They've just copied the colour etc of the whole kit from last year's without checking reality. I have complained on an EA forum but doubt they'll do anything about it.

Archived