IGNORED

Your City, Your Shirt

Jesus

10wrx9w.jpg

Added a 2nd away shirt...and some graphics for fun...the robin badge is a design classic, we should use it! (although I agree it could be an age thing, as younger fans might prefer the crest).

Love those and the Robin badge in this is the best Robin badge version I've seen and looks good on it as well! My favourite set of kits so far

I don't like it personally, just incorporated it as loads of other people like the idea.

If the majority prefer it then go with it. I'm not overly fussed, but as a young 'un the current badge has been our badge since I started following city. In other news, 80's_red shirt idea is awesome, that or the lost suspension bridge kit

10wrx9w.jpg

Added a 2nd away shirt...and some graphics for fun...the robin badge is a design classic, we should use it! (although I agree it could be an age thing, as younger fans might prefer the crest).

The more I see this design the more I love it! But I can't really see the club going for a robin badge design, even though it would make more sales, I get the impression they were not interested.

I changed the background of the robin on the red shit to a white background to see what it looked like, you can see it more clearer I think. Is there any chance that you could do a goalie shirt in this design as purple and lime colour? Then I think all four would be class! It would be really good for the club.

top_zpsa6c33448.png

Well done sir!

The more I see this design the more I love it! But I can't really see the club going for a robin badge design, even though it would make more sales, I get the impression they were not interested.

I changed the background of the robin on the red shit to a white background to see what it looked like, you can see it more clearer I think. Is there any chance that you could do a goalie shirt in this design as purple and lime colour? Then I think all four would be class! It would be really good for the club.

top_zpsa6c33448.png

Well done sir!

I think this thread and the official competition are two different things, anyone can enter the competition on the official site, I just did these for fun (my fantasy kit).. not taking it too seriously! Nike kits are simpler than adidas as a rule, that's why I used a Nike template.

There's no way city will go back to the robin - it will be the crest, and I doubt they have a contract with Nike for next season!..I just loved the old Umbro 1st division kit as a kid and the robin badge was our identity at the time. I even had the Umbro/ robin full tracksuit! (anyone else?). I was looking at some old pics and the background of the badge matched the shirt colour, even a green background on Johnny Shaw's jersey...when I see footage of the win at Arsenal in 76 I think the white and black shirt with the robin looks class and that's always stuck with me. Thanks for all the comments.

Tried an away shirt too out of boredom. We've been switching between black and white away shirts over recent years so thought I'd mix them together and give it the same design as I did for the home shirt.

8c1s.jpg

Hmmmm, halves, your getting close to quarters there and thats heading into :gasmask: territory.

I don't mind it on the back or sleeve, but our badge now is our badge in my opinion

I like the chaps shirt design but not the badge used and i'd sooner see ernie on the shirts, anything bar those unicorns

The crest is not my badge and I've never acknowledged it as Bristol city fc and never will and have never purchased a shirt with it on,, I started watching city when the robin went on the shirts and even before that I preferred the robin on the 8 bar gate used as merchandise in the early 70's, I would like city to have it's own personal ID

992850_10201270843842687_423808835_n.jpg

I think this thread and the official competition are two different things, anyone can enter the competition on the official site, I just did these for fun (my fantasy kit).. not taking it too seriously! Nike kits are simpler than adidas as a rule, that's why I used a Nike template.

There's no way city will go back to the robin - it will be the crest, and I doubt they have a contract with Nike for next season!..I just loved the old Umbro 1st division kit as a kid and the robin badge was our identity at the time. I even had the Umbro/ robin full tracksuit! (anyone else?). I was looking at some old pics and the background of the badge matched the shirt colour, even a green background on Johnny Shaw's jersey...when I see footage of the win at Arsenal in 76 I think the white and black shirt with the robin looks class and that's always stuck with me. Thanks for all the comments.

If the club use this design using a local supplier, it would still be a classy shirt. I would definitely buy all 3 of them, even if it had the normal crest on it.

So long as they put the robin on the back of the neck.

top_zpsa6c33448.png

Well done sir!

Very nice shirts. Would prefer something different for the away kit though. Yellow would be my choice.

I dont feel any connection to the Robin though so i dont get how you can say it would sell more? The Robin has never been on the badge in my time of supporting city. It seems the ones who are pro-robin are the ones who started supporting city during that era coincedently during a succesful stint. If it were to be changed now I and many others would be as annoyed as the pro-robin fans where when it was changed to the crest, and in ten years time we'll be claiming the crest should be reinstated as its our rightfull badge.

I dont feel any connection to the Robin though so i dont get how you can say it would sell more? The Robin has never been on the badge in my time of supporting city. It seems the ones who are pro-robin are the ones who started supporting city during that era coincedently during a succesful stint. If it were to be changed now I and many others would be as annoyed as the pro-robin fans where when it was changed to the crest, and in ten years time we'll be claiming the crest should be reinstated as its our rightfull badge.

Successful stint?? Yes we had a robin in the 4 season in the top flight but successive relegations from top to bottom league has also the robin but city bar a season with BCFC 82 on the shirts city did climb back up slightly with a robin until 1994, many forms of robin have been used to sale merchandise in the 70's and 80's as the crest was to fussy and not appealing.

The crest rightful badge? never accept it, never will, read the history of the badge and crest it tells you it is a merged badge

with a crest and at the time it was not liked.

Our current badge it is a universal for Bristol and that means anyone from the gas to the council have used it and the badge gives you no joined up thinking, we are not called the unicorns!! we have for a vast part of our history been called the robins, we have a robin mascot (I don't see a ship, castle or a unicorn dressed up entertaining the kids), fan groups use the robin, more fan lead stuff is baring a robin, flags, stickers and so on,,, ok other clubs are called the robins but so to are other clubs are called city or united and play in red and white.

The robin, bridge & ball gives you our own unique identity that does not follow the Bristol crowd,, fans from outside Bristol also can also relate to having our own identity rather than a Bristol badge from where they don't come from,, More joined up thinking needed.

''PRIDE OF THE WEST''

Successful stint?? Yes we had a robin in the 4 season in the top flight but successive relegations from top to bottom league has also the robin but city bar a season with BCFC 82 on the shirts city did climb back up slightly with a robin until 1994, many forms of robin have been used to sale merchandise in the 70's and 80's as the crest was to fussy and not appealing.

The crest rightful badge? never accept it, never will, read the history of the badge and crest it tells you it is a merged badge

with a crest and at the time it was not liked.

Our current badge it is a universal for Bristol and that means anyone from the gas to the council have used it and the badge gives you no joined up thinking, we are not called the unicorns!! we have for a vast part of our history been called the robins, we have a robin mascot (I don't see a ship, castle or a unicorn dressed up entertaining the kids), fan groups use the robin, more fan lead stuff is baring a robin, flags, stickers and so on,,, ok other clubs are called the robins but so to are other clubs are called city or united and play in red and white.

The robin, bridge & ball gives you our own unique identity that does not follow the Bristol crowd,, fans from outside Bristol also can also relate to having our own identity rather than a Bristol badge from where they don't come from,, More joined up thinking needed.

''PRIDE OF THE WEST''

You obviously feel very deeply about it and thats comendable. I can't honestly say it bothers me to much either or. All I have said is my feelings. The old Robin badge looked cheap and childish, I always think of Barnsley's badge when people talk of it. A new revamped badge might not be to bad. But in reality how often are we called the Robins? A pint of cider,suspension bridge and a football with a stone island border might look more accurate these days. I also realise the crest is not unique to City but I think of it as we are Bristol City from the City of Bristol, the City is ours. Didn't we have a Cat as our mascot for a while?

Archived