IGNORED

Marlon Harewood

DaveF

He offers a physical presence and a great attitude when he plays but unfortunately I can't ever see him scoring.

We could do with somebody like Assombalonga and if the board have any ambition it's clear as eggs is eggs that Assombalonga is the type of player we should be signing.

Harewood has to start, end of.

Starting with any player as a target man is a step back into the dark ages. Their presence simply encourages the defenders to hoof the ball from back to front which the exact opposite to what SoD is trying to achieve.

As I said in earlier Harewood is an alternative option when the passing game isn't working.

As I said in earlier Harewood is an alternative option when the passing game isn't working.

The trouble is, the passing game ISN'T working with the personnel we have. 9 games in it hasn't yielded a win.

Away from home there's more space, but at home opposition teams are lining up behind the ball and sitting in, and we need a physical presence in and around the box.

I think we need to play him a lot more away from home, A lot of the fans are not patient enough to see when we keep hold of the ball(our passing game) and wait for the opposition to come to us we actually stretch the opposing team and find some good openings this happened quite a lot in the first half. I still think Jet still needs to be a bit more of a team player, or for the team to pass less to him as he at times is our only attacking outlet.

I ideally don't want Harewood to start but when has come on we become so much more of a threat once he did come on it's hard not to start him even if just a short term fix to win a few and get the teams confidence up then revert back to passing.

Our "passing game" as has been noted elsewhere just isn't working. The idea that we pass it carefully around until we find the killer pass to put Baldock through, hasn't been happening.

Partly this is because JET isn't a natural link man. He ambles about, does his own thing and leaves Baldock alone, reliant on hopeful punts that are usually headed away by a marker who towers over him.

So we have a blunted spearhead up front.

Far better to play Harewood and Sam as a front two with JET behind. JET has two options to pass to (one robust enough to shake off defenders); Baldock has someone to play one twos with, someone who'll worry the defence and draw markers off him and we have a target man up there and someone to win headers in the box.

Unfortunately, two up front would probably mean having to drop either Reid or Pack - both of whom bring something to the side. I'd probably go with a more aggresive line-up and drop Pack.

When we have Kelly back maybe we have the option of playing a back 3, but not now.

Archived