IGNORED

Ok If You Were The Manager What Would You Do ?

nellie

I know it's a long term project, but we need to get some points on the board as well. If that meant compromising principles a bit, then so be it. We don't seem to have anyone able to play in Baldock, the way Tinnion used to with Murray. We probably won't pick one of those up easily on loan, so I'd be on the look out for any tall, reasonably competent striker to play up with Baldock. Joe Bryan was banging in plenty of crosses today without a hope of anyone getting on the end of them. It would also allow us to play long ball if necessary, not pretty, but another club in the bag and all that.

Ask the fans what they think should be put right and improved.Turn the clock back to when the players cared like Scott Murray and basso.

Play direct like Paul Lambert teams. Scout local secondary schools PE lessons (as many of god players don't play for the school or any club).

I'd sit the lads down.

I'd sit them down, and just talk to them. I'd let them know I appreciate their efforts thus far this season, and make sure they were on board with the direction that we were trying to take the club in.

Then I would run over a few tactical adjustments that we will work on once this meeting is over, being sure to listen to the players thoughts, as they are as big a part in this as I am.

Finally, I'd ask them to be patient with the fans. They are the club, they are the constant. Believe it or not, they DO want us to succeed. If they are booing, it is out of sheer frustration, because they see the potential in our side. It is absolutely not personal. They do back you as players, and if you keep putting the work in then the results will come and they will sing your name.

Now who's with me?

I think I would go to 3at the back, and incorporate harewood, the difference today was immediate. It would also mean 2 holding midfielders to shield the defence, with jet in front of them.

yep this, cant see it happening as dreary seems to prefer worrying about the opposition to much.

Go for it I say start with 2 up top, Jet free range in behind, let them do the worrying. We could still lose (we are hardly setting the league on fire as we are) but will stand a better chance of winning for sure.

I know it's a long term project, but we need to get some points on the board as well. If that meant compromising principles a bit, then so be it. We don't seem to have anyone able to play in Baldock, the way Tinnion used to with Murray. We probably won't pick one of those up easily on loan, so I'd be on the look out for any tall, reasonably competent striker to play up with Baldock. Joe Bryan was banging in plenty of crosses today without a hope of anyone getting on the end of them. It would also allow us to play long ball if necessary, not pretty, but another club in the bag and all that.

Excellent point!

If we only had a striker like Steve Howard or Iwan Roberts they'd be scoring headers for fun with that sort of service!

I'd sit the lads down.

I'd sit them down, and just talk to them. I'd let them know I appreciate their efforts thus far this season, and make sure they were on board with the direction that we were trying to take the club in.

Then I would run over a few tactical adjustments that we will work on once this meeting is over, being sure to listen to the players thoughts, as they are as big a part in this as I am.

Finally, I'd ask them to be patient with the fans. They are the club, they are the constant. Believe it or not, they DO want us to succeed. If they are booing, it is out of sheer frustration, because they see the potential in our side. It is absolutely not personal. They do back you as players, and if you keep putting the work in then the results will come and they will sing your name.

Now who's with me?

Completely. I think the main thing the players need at the moment is belief and confidence. I think the defence are scared of making mistakes and so, as is the way of things, make more of them as a result and that the players simply don't go into games believing that we can win.

yep this, cant see it happening as dreary seems to prefer worrying about the opposition to much.

Go for it I say start with 2 up top, Jet free range in behind, let them do the worrying. We could still lose (we are hardly setting the league on fire as we are) but will stand a better chance of winning for sure.

Said the same on other threads, we need to start (at least for home games) with Harewood up front with Baldock and JET still in free role. It's no good waiting until we are 0-1 down with 30 mins or so to go before changing the formation to just this.

Harewood should start, he is not the long term answer, but in the here and now he deserves a shirt. Against Rovers and again yesterday he unsettles defenders with his physical approach, the ball sticks more and he rallies the players and fans. Depending on the opposition and if we are home or not I would play him with JET behind him or if we are playing a 'lesser' team I would play Baldock as well.

If we played all three it would be vital that Pack and Elliott played to protect the defence.

I would talk a bit louder, so everyone could hear what I was saying, and smile !

Or ask whoever is filming to turn the microphone volume up, or even ask the club to post instructions on how to turn the volume up on the viewers iPad, iPhone, PC etc on club website.

Then again a lot would still fail to comprehend what he has to say, unfortunately SoD can't really be blamed for that, no doubt there are those that would willing use any excuse!

I think I would go to 3at the back, and incorporate harewood, the difference today was immediate. It would also mean 2 holding midfielders to shield the defence, with jet in front of them.

absolutey agree-Baldock badly needs to play off of a target man,with JET sitting in behind them-and tell JET not to drift back in too deep,to stay where you are a nuisence for the opposition..

...........Or not even drawing......................or losing more heavily........

Harewood should start, he is not the long term answer, but in the here and now he deserves a shirt. Against Rovers and again yesterday he unsettles defenders with his physical approach, the ball sticks more and he rallies the players and fans. Depending on the opposition and if we are home or not I would play him with JET behind him or if we are playing a 'lesser' team I would play Baldock as well.

If we played all three it would be vital that Pack and Elliott played to protect the defence.

Totally agree but the onus would then be on the 3 in midfield to make us more defensively sound.

Harewood deserves a start, JET has to play, so does Baldock so we need the rest to defend better.

Keep the same back four playing together so they can create an understanding. McInnes downfall was he changed about 6 things a game.

Two upfront, Harewood & Baldock. Drop JET and see how we play without him.

Try and keep the fans onside, no more little digs at them, yesterday was a good start.

Archived