IGNORED

Ok If You Were The Manager What Would You Do ?

nellie

I'd sit the lads down.

I'd sit them down, and just talk to them. I'd let them know I appreciate their efforts thus far this season, and make sure they were on board with the direction that we were trying to take the club in.

Then I would run over a few tactical adjustments that we will work on once this meeting is over, being sure to listen to the players thoughts, as they are as big a part in this as I am.

Finally, I'd ask them to be patient with the fans. They are the club, they are the constant. Believe it or not, they DO want us to succeed. If they are booing, it is out of sheer frustration, because they see the potential in our side. It is absolutely not personal. They do back you as players, and if you keep putting the work in then the results will come and they will sing your name.

Now who's with me?

Is that you Sean ?

I'd like to see calls for O'driscoll to bounce around the ground and for him to respond in GJ style just for the surprise and comic effect.

I'd like to see two upfront and Pitman brought in on loan if he's not getting games and surplus at Bournemouth although either him or Baldock need a physical player alongside and a quality centre forward who can score goals would be ideal. Harewod probably needs to play but we have two non-scoring forwards in Taylor and Harewood and which isn't ideal.

The idea of three at the back sounds good but I'm not sure about playing our full-backs as wing-backs to provide width and dropping Wagstaff or restricting Mcloughlin's opportunities is the answer when both had decent games out wide.

It's such a pity we lost Kelly but if Wynter can return and show his early promise that would be a bonus.

Thats the formation I'd be looking at playing - not necessarily the same midfielders, but thats a moot point. The aim would be to get Harewood up front next to Baldock instead of leaving Baldock isolated, we also need Harewoods presence up top.

The problem with 4-3-3 is that it relies on the full backs and the front men to support the midfield when the opposition have the ball. It can invite real problems when the opposition play two wide men.

Personally I like 3-5-2 using wing backs. Games are won and lost in midfield and the more players you have there the better.

Blame the fans more

Wish people would give this a rest. I don't think he has ever come out and blamed the fans. He's only highlighted what the fans expectations are and how that makes the task of transition that much more difficult.

As for what I would do. I'd be looking to try and bring in a new forward with a bit more height but still a bit of pace if possible to partner Baldock. Not going to be easy to find but I think it is what we are missing. For all the rather slow and seeming not very productive passing we do get into good crossing positions at least 5 or 6 times a game to not really have anyone to target a cross at.

Of course bringing in said striker would leave you with the conundrum of whether you can still play JET also.

As for what I would do. I'd be looking to try and bring in a new forward with a bit more height but still a bit of pace if possible to partner Baldock. Not going to be easy to find but I think it is what we are missing. For all the rather slow and seeming not very productive passing we do get into good crossing positions at least 5 or 6 times a game to not really have anyone to target a cross at.

Of course bringing in said striker would leave you with the conundrum of whether you can still play JET also.

We've got one of them he's called Ryan Taylor, maybe without the pace but he's got the height and can hold the ball up. When we've got Harewood too and can't fit them all in why would we waste money on another striker? For a team down the bottom for our two strikers to have 7 and 6 each already isn't bad. It's the other end of the pitch we're carp. Another experienced defender is a must IMHO.

I would carry on what I was doing. He has a long term plan, he knows where he wants to be, I wouldn't let others derail it. I would consider getting a very experience CB in though, if Carey isn't fit enough to play. They need someone to organise that back line. Shorey has expereience but is not an organiser. No other players in tha back 4 are what you call organisers either. Flint is shouty, but he is not defensivey dicsiplined.

Archived