IGNORED

Christmas

Red white and red

My memories not that good, I looked it up in a book, but I think it's better to do that and be right than announce something as fact with nothing whatsoever to back that statement up, and be proved spectacularly wrong!

Thought we finished on 56 pts that season

That made us 23pts off York and 27 off S****horpe who finished 4th. My book maybe wrong but that's what I got with us finishing on 56pts. Won 13 drew 17 lost 16 scored 59 conceded 70.

Was a weird season, remember my dad taking me to Northampton and see us lose 7 1. Was only 10 and couldn't work out why 3 years earlier been to old trafford with my dad and saw us win 3 0 with a Kevin mabbutt hattrick.

Also remember losing at home Xmas and next day winning away. Never get back to back fixtures like that anymore.

Yes your right Wayne Allison's tounge. Slip on this shitty mobile, that was actually one of my most enjoyable seasons, remember we played port vale away on eastermMonday (I think) we drew 1-1 their waa a lot of trouble in the ground, the away end was a big old uncovered end at the time,

Ah ,the Wembley of the North, gert big concreat bowl, yes I was there equalised late on as I remember.

We'll be comfortably mid-table by Christmas, we've had a large turnover of players and it's a pity we didn't have some easy fixtures in August to get our season kick-started, but the quality of the squad is there and once we get our first win the confidence will come back and we'll climb the table. We'll be fine as long as people don't panic, we need some stability not more changes.

How many league teams have ever not won by Christmas? Genuine question.

Interesting question, would be good to know if it's ever happened.

I know Derby County only won once in the season they got relegated from the prem (2008?)

There was a common denominator in that squad and our current one as well!!

Archived