IGNORED

Banned

chivs88

Good riddance. Nothing but a thug. I do not put pond life like this in the same bracket as 'a fellow red' or for that matter a 'fan'.

Eh ! What's pond life ever done to you ? Certainly never turned up at Ashton Gâte to throw things at the opposition that's nearly sûre .Though there was one occasion in 1986 ...

that's ur opinion and I have mine

Well, actually, it is his opinion and also that, evidently, of the authorities!

Would you be so accepting of the persons actions had someone from another set of fans invaded the pitch, removed the corner flag and used it as a spear to attack your, your kids or mrs if you took them along to watch a game of football somewhere...?

The "trouble" was all over the press and shown on TV - was always going to be what some see as a harsh penalty.

Personally I think throwing a flag pole at someone probably merits more than 3 years.

Im not into court and laws but outside the ground would that come under assault? And be a jail sentence more than 3 years?

Well, actually, it is his opinion and also that, evidently, of the authorities!

Would you be so accepting of the persons actions had someone from another set of fans invaded the pitch, removed the corner flag and used it as a spear to attack your, your kids or mrs if you took them along to watch a game of football somewhere..

Some people only accept things one way.

It was always going to kick off during the game though, some on both sides wanted it regardless if it was before, during or after.

But looking at the incidents, was it that bad? Compared to some seen around Europe recently it was pretty tame... even Wolves V Vale was worse, seems to have been blown out of proportion by a hysterical media.

Not condoning the trouble just to be clear before some tool bites my head off but feel its all a bit OTT although you cant have a fan throwing a flag at people like a javelin.

Banned for life for throwing a corner flag, I can't take this forum seriously...

Outside of a stadium you'll get a hefty fine and prison sentence for assault or attempted assault, Which is exactly what this was

This forum isn't a joke (Sometimes) But there shouldn't be different rules/laws because it's Football

Banned for life for throwing a corner flag, I can't take this forum seriously...

So, said person throws said corner flag and the pointy end goes straight into someone's eye. Would that merit a lifetime ban? So, just because he missed, that's ok and a lifetime ban would be over the top?

If someone goes out, finds a gun on the floor and fires it but hits no one what sentence would you give?

So, said person throws said corner flag and the pointy end goes straight into someone's eye. Would that merit a lifetime ban? So, just because he missed, that's ok and a lifetime ban would be over the top?

If someone goes out, finds a gun on the floor and fires it but hits no one what sentence would you give?

Indeed. And if he were to find the PM's briefcase and press the big red button, what would happen to him then? And indeed, to all of us? :reaper:

Archived