IGNORED

Banned

chivs88

Just seen on Twitter a fellow red has been banned for 3 years and received a heavy fine for throwing a corner flag at the gypos. Little harsh I think after all he missed his target.

How lucky is he, no suffering at the gate for three full years!

So you don't know him yet you are guessing what he's done, calling him vermin for throwing a flag would you say the same if it was your mate who did it?

I would say the same if it was a good friend of mine acting like this. It wasn't "a flag" it was effectively a spear. The fact you try to tone down this person actions tells everybody here all they need to know about you.

Also, no doubt you would be the first to complain if fans of any other team behaved this way in your direction.

Also, it wasn't "heat of the moment"! The chose to leave their seat, break the law by entering the pitch, head towards the away end, spot the corner flag and view it as a potential missile. Take the corner flag, pick a target and then decide to continue with actions that could result in someone very likely being seriously injured.

Anyone thinking that is not behavior that is better off banned from public events for good needs their head testing and a prime candidate for any future culling that may take place in society.

Ha ha is this a joke? I think you can safely tsay this fool has done wrong before. wake up will you.

I actually know the lad.

No previous! No record!

Emotion and adrenalin runs high on derby day.

I don't condone, and I know he regrets his actions.

I wouldn't be stupid enough to take my kids or wife to a derby match things are always going to kick off. Not just Bristol derbys but any derbys villa Birmingham west ham milwall Newcastle Sunderland all derbys have thr potential to have violence and are games I wouldn't take my family 2

Oh dear.

I would say the same if it was a good friend of mine acting like this. It wasn't "a flag" it was effectively a spear. The fact you try to tone down this person actions tells everybody here all they need to know about you.

Also, no doubt you would be the first to complain if fans of any other team behaved this way in your direction.

Also, it wasn't "heat of the moment"! The chose to leave their seat, break the law by entering the pitch, head towards the away end, spot the corner flag and view it as a potential missile. Take the corner flag, pick a target and then decide to continue with actions that could result in someone very likely being seriously injured.

Anyone thinking that is not behavior that is better off banned from public events for good needs their head testing and a prime candidate for any future culling that may take place in society.

For the Record:

I understand the fine and three year ban was for "invading the pitch". The charge of throwing a missile was dropped.

With this in mind, you have to ask the question: Will all who invaded the pitch that evening suffer the same fate? Be it to confront the Blue Few or merely in celebration? Maybe a few should expect an early knock on your door.

Spot on.....and any Magistrate in the country would view the lad's actions in the same way.

No different to dropping stones off a motorway bridge.

Ha ha is this a joke? I think you can safely tsay this fool has done wrong before. wake up will you.

I actually know the lad.

No previous! No record!

Emotion and adrenalin runs high on derby day.

I don't condone, and I know he regrets his actions.

Super, I hope you feel stupid, don't assume things and don't talk so knowingly to something you have no clue about.

For the Record:

I understand the fine and three year ban was for "invading the pitch". The charge of throwing a missile was dropped.

With this in mind, you have to ask the question: Will all who invaded the pitch that evening suffer the same fate? Be it to confront the Blue Few or merely in celebration? Maybe a few should expect an early knock on your door.

If he didn't throw a missile then he is probably one of the scapegoats taking the brunt for others actions aswell as their own, however, the club did warn those on the pitch, over and over again. I'm sure that anyone caught up in the emotion, then getting off the pitch asap once realism struck, wasn't prosecuted.

Super, I hope you feel stupid, don't assume things and don't talk so knowingly to something you have no clue about.

Umm BCFC96, I wouldn't go throwing stones from your glass house, on the subject of sounding stupid on this thread.

I wonder if anybody commenting on this thread has, ever been arrested at, a football match?

Indeed, I don't might admitting that I have. It was one of the most humiliating, embarrassing and unsavoury moments of my life. I did not however put innocent bystanders at risk of injury via my cowardly and idiotic actions. Mine was a one on one case.

Everyone has an opinion, and as I said previously, derby day brings the best, and worst, out in all.

People may not think so, but he's a good lad from a decent family, and will be welcome in my home anytime.

He admitted his crime, he now has to suffer the consequences of his actions.

Indeed, I don't might admitting that I have. It was one of the most humiliating, embarrassing and unsavoury moments of my life. I did not however put innocent bystanders at risk of injury via my cowardly and idiotic actions. Mine was a one on one case.

So what did you do then as you have seemingly condemned offers for committing an offence at football...?

So what did you do then as you have seemingly condemned offers for committing an offence at football...?

I condemned others for wrecklessly endangering the wellbeing of innocent bystanders.

I think even the most outspoken pacifist would acknowledge the difference between that type of situation and that of a one on one confrontation that didnt involve anyone else.

Having said that, my actions were also wrong, I learnt my lesson and took my punishment.

Archived