IGNORED

Love Topic

WolfOfWestStreet

Duncan Mckenzie and all the flair players who rarely if ever got selected for the national team despite being hugely naturally talented and able to go round defenders of any calibre with ease. Add in Stan Bowles, Tony Currie, Charlie George, Alan Hudson, Rodney Marsh, Peter Osgood, Frank Worthington , Le Tissier, Sean Dyche and Vince Hilair etc. Okay spot the odd one out !

The old cliche was trotted out that England could produce workmanlike players who would always give 100% but could never match Brazil for sublime skills and talent. It wasn't true at all - it's just that we never picked players who could match the skills and even surpass some of the most admired players around the world.

McKenzie particularly stands out because aside from giving great entertainment he would contribute 20 goals a season and just make the opposition look silly with this tricks. Clough signed him for Leeds I think and I reckon he would have picked him had he become England manager. Played regularly in the national team and given freedom to express himself I genuinely believe he would have now be talked about with the likes of Cryff, Best and some of the other legends.

David Moyes, although I love him a little bit less since he has gone to THAT club, only a little less mind!

I also am sad that I never saw Gazza or Becks play.

Oh and for a totally unexplainable nomination, Peter Lovenkrands!!!???

I did. I have rarely laughed as much as I did on May 14, 1988.

exactly....and i used to love their shitty little ground at plough lane as well. They were a proper football club at that time and we could only dream of the success that they a small little borough of London had. There was also a real closeness between all the players and fans, and agreed i hated Liverpool and that was a great day

Duncan Mckenzie and all the flair players who rarely if ever got selected for the national team despite being hugely naturally talented and able to go round defenders of any calibre with ease. Add in Stan Bowles, Tony Currie, Charlie George, Alan Hudson, Rodney Marsh, Peter Osgood, Frank Worthington , Le Tissier, Sean Dyche and Vince Hilair etc. Okay spot the odd one out !

The old cliche was trotted out that England could produce workmanlike players who would always give 100% but could never match Brazil for sublime skills and talent. It wasn't true at all - it's just that we never picked players who could match the skills and even surpass some of the most admired players around the world.

McKenzie particularly stands out because aside from giving great entertainment he would contribute 20 goals a season and just make the opposition look silly with this tricks. Clough signed him for Leeds I think and I reckon he would have picked him had he become England manager. Played regularly in the national team and given freedom to express himself I genuinely believe he would have now be talked about with the likes of Cryff, Best and some of the other legends.

If those 70s players you list above there, Nicko, could've gone past a betting shop/ nightclub/ hairdressers like they went past oppositions players, they would've got picked more. As they used to say

Archived