IGNORED

Love Topic

WolfOfWestStreet

Bobby Moore ,a calm cool centre back, ahead of his time and a gentleman.

Oh and England World cup winner.

Liiam Brady ,skillful midfieldet.

Peter Lorimer for his powerful shot.

Rodney Marsh,Charlie Cooke and Frank Worthington , entertainers pure.

Bar the immense Mr Moore (and possibly Mr Cooke although he played for Chelski & Palarse around the right time but cannot recall him) I had the pleasure of seeing all these play at the Gate.

Yes we moan and groan about the standard of football and lack of real success in Bristol but when you actually look back we, as supporters, have been quite privileged to see some great players at AG compared to a lot of teams

Leon Britton & David Silva are probably my two favourite prem players. I also love watching Hazard & Mirallas play.

Baines, he's just cool & looks like Bradley Wiggins mixed with Miles Kane.

Laurie Cunningham was brilliant.

Louis Carey, Jon Stead and Albert Adomah.

Oh also, Sylvain Distin, not a clue how he's still so fast at the age of 35, crazy.

Andy Carroll

Tony Hibbert

Royston Drenthe

Nilmar

Lionel Messi

Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo

Zinedine Zidane

Roger Milla

Torre Andre Flo

Davor Suker

Micah Richards

Paul Scholes

Gianfranco Zola

Thierry Henry

Patrick Vieira

Kenwyne Jones

Rory Delap

Rafa Benitez

Xabi Alonso

Martin Jol

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Wayne Rooney

Habib Beye

Nigel Reo-Coker

Jose Chilavert

Taribo West

Jay-Jay Okocha

Steve Watson

Geremi Njtap

Michael Svennson

Anders Svennson

Eidur Gudjonsen

Shola Ameobi

Claude Makelele

I could really go on for ever...

no one has menioned Roberto Baggio.....absolutely one of the most technically gifted footballers ever to walk the earth

Also loved Van basten purely because im also called Marco, and had a huge poster of him when i was a kid

Dennis Bergkamp

Gary Lineker still my ultimate hero

Bryan Robson

Kerry Dixon

Steve Bull - purely because he was playing for england while playing div 3 football with wolves

Maradona - still best footballer ive ever seen

Walter Zenga

Paolo Maldini

Totti

Del Piero

John Fashanu - loved the old Wimbledon as they were always everyones favourite underdogs

keown/Bould/Adams/Dixon/Winterburn

On the flip side, not sure why but i hate Brazil, Brazilian players/ and the Brazilian national team

Graham Kavangher (spelling) new Carlisle manager - when at Cardiff he was a great player

Darren Eadie - flying Noriwch winger from the early 1990's - so much talent, sadly cut short due to injury

All the usuals that everyone else has said - Cantona, Rougier, Berkamp etc

Off the foote topic, theres a cracking younger cricketer who plays for a side down my way (Dorset) called Eddie Stevens, mark my words hes going to be an England player soon

the ipswich side that won eufa cup. beattie at the back,the two dutch boys in midfield and mariner up front.

players you'd pay to watch. tony currie,duncan mckenzie,edie gray,charlie cooke,alan hudson,stan bowles.

and my favorite entertainer, big franki worthington!!

I believe their Lordships, the Cobbolds', were charging to see Ipswich back then. It wasn't an option, you had to pay. The same for all those players you mention. No largesse, over in Suffolk. Same here. Same everywhere. They even charged an entrance fee at Eastville. I know, it's unbelievable

I believe their Lordships, the Cobbolds', were charging to see Ipswich back then. It wasn't an option, you had to pay. The same for all those players you mention. No largesse, over in Suffolk. Same here. Same everywhere. They even charged an entrance fee at Eastville. I know, it's unbelievable

they charged in suffolk back then? eastville? you'r on a windup!

Archived