IGNORED

Bolaise Doubted Ever Becoming A Prem Player When At City

Show Me The Money!

"Where I doubted ever becoming a Premier League player the most was when I was at Bristol City," he said. "I was in and out of the team. It was hard because the way I like to play wasn't the way I was playing when I was getting the chance."

Sounds more like he was frustrated with his own form and lack of opportunities to me- Nothing wrong with a player saying that.

We all knew the guy had talent but just didn't seem to settle in a city shirt.

Fair enough really. There doesn't seem to be any bitterness there, he says himself he didn't play as well as he'd of liked when he got the chance here.

He left in a deal that was good for all parties (at the time, we may have regretted it later!) and he's gone on from there. Good luck to him.

• Admin

Facts don't really lie, look at our history and see how often we have been in the top division.

We were just a stepping stone in his ambition to move to the Premier League.

Never personally saw that much in YB, he scuffed his goal Vs Coventry, and never seemed as good as Adomah.

He isn't having a dig at City, just basically saying that he couldn't believe he would make it in the prem, if he can't get into the team of a very poor championship team.

I felt he had huge potential just wasn't risked because of our impending doom and because him and Albert together were too much of a luxury in those circumstances. Had great talent but very raw.

"I was in and out of the team. It was hard because the way I like to play wasn't the way I was playing when I was getting the chance.''

what....playing really ******* badly?

He was awful for us.

He truly was..

Just shows how a few decent players around you and a decent manager in Dougie Freeman/Hollowhead can do to your career

"I was in and out of the team. It was hard because the way I like to play wasn't the way I was playing when I was getting the chance.''

what....playing really ******* badly?

He was awful for us.

BS. Brighton away, came on and changed the game, Burnley on the last day best player on the pitch... Off the top of my head. Had clear potential.

BS. Brighton away, came on and changed the game, Burnley on the last day best player on the pitch... Off the top of my head. Had clear potential.

a few games he may have been okay, but overall IMO he was awful. Was a reason we were using Woolford, Campbell-Ryce and Pearson before he was in the 11. Even that goal he claimed ''kept us up'' in the Palace programme notes last season, a near enough open goal, rolled in.

As soon as he went to Palace obviously something's clicked because for me he was better than Zaha in some of their games that I saw of theirs. For us, it just didnt happen

I'm not convinced he'll look anywhere near the player that he was last season when he returns. Mainly because last season he was provided with a lot of space due to opposition teams having to focus on marking Zaha, and even Glenn Murray. Due to this Bolasie was allowed a lot of space and that's something he'll thrive on. When he returns soon he won't have those players to help him out, he'll be playing in a struggling team and will be up against vastly superior defenders.

I thought he should have been given more of a chance whilst here, but wasn't that disappointed when he left in all honesty. I don't think he's as good as he was made out to be last season, in my eyes he's just an average Championship winger.

You've just got to say well done and fair play to the bloke for where he's got to now.

Of course you have, although sour grapes won't allow some people to do this. He was used sparingly for us, odd bits here and there and never given a chance despite the fact others in his position were hardly setting the world alight. He left for first team football, not only did he receive it but he also earned promotion. People hating on him, saying he betrayed us by leaving or whatever are simply bitter. Good luck to him, he's done absolutely nothing wrong.

Decent enough player, showed potential with us, but opportunities were limited. Palace found a formation to fully utilise him, and he developed as a player. Fair play to the guy, he moved on and has done well for himself, whilst we are on the crest of a slump.

Didn't he leave because he wanted to go back to London?

I assume it was a combination of a chance to move closer to home and a club that wanted him to play regularly. I'm not sure which one he gave in his transfer request but it's fair enough that people might have more than one reason for making a decision.

I bear the guy no grudges whatsoever and wish him all the best. He felt he could do better and deserved more of a chance than he had here and frankly he's proved he was right. Good luck to him.

Archived