IGNORED

Baldock

old_eastender

Maynard shone in a shitte side, JET shines in this average side.

Baldock doesn't. He is physically week, a poor finisher, crap in the air.

He was average for MK, anonymous for WH, and to think we effectively payed 1.5 mil for him.....

You can't mask the fact he has been a MASSIVE disappointment.

To add to this - I to am a bit disappointed with Samuel - i can only describe him with one sentence - here goes

" He misses a shed load more than he scores "

To add to this - I to am a bit disappointed with Samuel - i can only describe him with one sentence - here goes

" He misses a shed load more than he scores "

Most strikers do, but it's becoming quite a large shed at the moment.

I suppose that depends on your expectations. I thought he was a pretty average striker even at this level. £1.5M seems an awful lot to pay, if it does work out to that much.

I thought 1.5m was a massive risk for someone who had done very little at championship level.....fact is the board saw "Striker" "West Ham" and payed an over inflated price.....at a time when that was common practice.

I'm just disappointed because where as Maynard had power, pace, the ability to finish, worked hard and the odd wonder strike in him....Newcastle, QPR etc.....Baldock has pace and a good attitude, but let's be honest he ain't in the same ballpark as Maynard.

I guess that's why Maynard is in the prem ad Baldock with us.....but Baldock to me is a 650k-800k player.....not the 1.5 mil we payed.

I thought 1.5m was a massive risk for someone who had done very little at championship level.....fact is the board saw "Striker" "West Ham" and payed an over inflated price.....at a time when that was common practice.

I'm just disappointed because where as Maynard had power, pace, the ability to finish, worked hard and the odd wonder strike in him....Newcastle, QPR etc.....Baldock has pace and a good attitude, but let's be honest he ain't in the same ballpark as Maynard.

I guess that's why Maynard is in the prem ad Baldock with us.....but Baldock to me is a 650k-800k player.....not the 1.5 mil we payed.

Was it really £1.5M? Otherwise I totally agree with you. As I said an ordinary Div 1 player.

I thought it was how ever much West Ham still owned us for Maynard.

Was it really £1.5M? Otherwise I totally agree with you. As I said an ordinary Div 1 player.[/quote

Play against a high line and keep everything on the deck he will score goals.....especially on the break.

Not many sides in championship football or league 1 play that game....

Seems like a decent bloke though.

Observation - At the end of the game today flint was absolutely devastated, kicking the floor and putting his shirt over his head. The rest came over to clap. However, I was intrigued to watch baldocks reaction so therefore made a conscious effort to watch him. He wondered over to clap but couldn't bring himself to do it. Instead putting his hands on his head and walked towards the halfway line. Once he clocked flint finally bringing himself to clap the fans he then responded in kind. Not sure he is captain material

Observation - At the end of the game today flint was absolutely devastated, kicking the floor and putting his shirt over his head. The rest came over to clap. However, I was intrigued to watch baldocks reaction so therefore made a conscious effort to watch him. He wondered over to clap but couldn't bring himself to do it. Instead putting his hands on his head and walked towards the halfway line. Once he clocked flint finally bringing himself to clap the fans he then responded in kind.

Like I said I am not doubting him as a person....I just don't think he's very good.

Observation - At the end of the game today flint was absolutely devastated, kicking the floor and putting his shirt over his head. The rest came over to clap. However, I was intrigued to watch baldocks reaction so therefore made a conscious effort to watch him. He wondered over to clap but couldn't bring himself to do it. Instead putting his hands on his head and walked towards the halfway line. Once he clocked flint finally bringing himself to clap the fans he then responded in kind. Not sure he is captain material

Yes. Both realised that they had lost the three points. Baldock by not scoring and Flint by giving one away. The difference from last season was that they both cared.

Slag him off as people will but he would get in any other side in this division,when he finds his finishing boots we will fly up the league,he WILL score 20 plus this season,quote me at the end of the season if ya like

Not slagging him off, just saying that he's found his level. Certainly would persist with him.

Another, like Fontaine, who is not a natural leader and who's performances are nowhere near where they should be for a premiership player on being given the captaincy.

Like many others, over several years, I've been asking for a natural leader to be signed.

Can remember in a pre-season at Torquay about 4 years ago the team were quiet as mice after a period of sustained pressure at a corner. Only Bradley, who came on as sub, stood up to be counted and tried to rally the troops at that game. When he was sold we became rudderless.

Take the captaincy off Baldock quick. Is Shorey an alternative while we try and find a captain elsewhere?

Another, like Fontaine, who is not a natural leader and who's performances are nowhere near where they should be for a Premier League player on being given the captaincy.

Like many others, over several years, I've been asking for a natural leader to be signed.

Can remember in a pre-season at Torquay about 4 years ago the team were quiet as mice after a period of sustained pressure at a corner. Only Bradley, who came on as sub, stood up to be counted and tried to rally the troops at that game. When he was sold we became rudderless.

Take the captaincy off Baldock quick. Is Shorey an alternative while we try and find a captain elsewhere?

Then he head-butted a Torquay player and then got sold..

I recall getting slated for daring to suggest similar things after the Coventry game when he scored 2.

The startling reality is that we'd be much further up the table, probably with 3 or 4 wins if Baldock just scored 1 in 3 decent chances. But he hasn't.

I really really want him to come good, but the only word I can think of to describe SB at the moment is wasteful.

Ryan Taylor has never had the chance to play in a City side that's creating this many chances. Maybe it's nearing his time...

I recall getting slated for daring to suggest similar things after the Coventry game when he scored 2.

The startling reality is that we'd be much further up the table, probably with 3 or 4 wins if Baldock just scored 1 in 3 decent chances. But he hasn't.

I really really want him to come good, but the only word I can think of to describe SB at the moment is wasteful.

Ryan Taylor has never had the chance to play in a City side that's creating this many chances. Maybe it's nearing his time...

that was my thoughts yesterday too.he was on the bench, why when we were playing out the last 15,wasnt he brought on to have a go, taking jet off was crazy when he had by far out performed baldock and if the sucker punch came would have still been there to pull one out the bag. harewood is ok,pleases the crowd but how many shots has he let fly so far?

Apart from pace maybe, Brett Pitman is head and shoulders above Baldock and was the best striker we had, we just didn't use him well enough.

I'm still gutted he's gone and also for next to nothing!!

I think Our Sean would agree with you.

Apart from pace maybe, Brett Pitman is head and shoulders above Baldock and was the best striker we had, we just didn't use him well enough.

I'm still gutted he's gone and also for next to nothing!!

Not exactly pulling trees up in the champ....one goal in open play or is it more?

Archived