IGNORED

Baldock

old_eastender

Another game today when Baldock scuffs a shot when well placed to score... however from what I have seen he has the ability. I reckon he is just not mentally/physically sharp enough when these chances come along because he is chasing, mainly hopeful, through balls trying to win us possession, or harrying defenders when they have possession, ALL BY HIMSELF.

JET does not play up front alongside Baldock. The answer has to be for SOD to abandon a little of his priniciples and find a formation that allows Baldock to be supported by Harewood up front and still have JET in a freeish role, from the START of a match. When we are 2 up he can then change back to his favored formation to see the game out!

Come on SOD be a little braver and that long awaiting first win will be ours... COYR

But why, we dominated today and have been as good, if not better than the opposition in all but three games. We are not winning by very small margins and changing the team ATM may just mess things up...

Well it needs "messing up". We aren't winning games and how many more "we're playing really well", "we should've won that", "we'll win soon then go on a run" posts are we going to have to read before we wake up facing relegation and in real trouble.

We need to try something different, rather than. battering our heads. on the same wall every week.

Well it needs "messing up". We aren't winning games and how many more "we're playing really well", "we should've won that", "we'll win soon then go on a run" posts are we going to have to read before we wake up facing relegation and in real trouble.

We need to try something different, rather than. battering our heads. on the same wall every week.

Isn't that what perseverance is about. We have changed our style and introducing new ideas at the club.. at times it will be painful whilst it comes together,. As you say we are playing well, so we keep persevering and those games will start to turn into wins..

What you don't do when your coming out the other side is throw everything away and start over again...

Isn't that what perseverance is about. We have changed our style and introducing new ideas at the club.. at times it will be painful whilst it comes together,. As you say we are playing well, so we keep persevering and those games will start to turn into wins..

What you don't do when your coming out the other side is throw everything away and start over again...

But Fiale, the adage is Don't Change A Winning Team - not Don't Change A Team That Hasn't Won For Months.

I'm not a sack Sean person - that would be madness - I'm just saying he needs a little tinkering cause at the moment he's close but no cigar and nobody's going to give us 3 points for that.

We won't be 'throwing it all away', because we've had approaching quarer of the season being close - but not winning.

Another game today when Baldock scuffs a shot when well placed to score... however from what I have seen he has the ability. I reckon he is just not mentally/physically sharp enough when these chances come along because he is chasing, mainly hopeful, through balls trying to win us possession, or harrying defenders when they have possession, ALL BY HIMSELF.

JET does not play up front alongside Baldock. The answer has to be for SOD to abandon a little of his priniciples and find a formation that allows Baldock to be supported by Harewood up front and still have JET in a freeish role, from the START of a match. When we are 2 up he can then change back to his favored formation to see the game out!

Come on SOD be a little braver and that long awaiting first win will be ours... COYR

Agree with this, come on SOD break the mould, give them a go, attack the best form of defence.

Agree with this, come on SOD break the mould, give them a go, attack the best form of defence.

Wonder if it's worth trying something like this

Parish

Maloney Flint Williams Shorey

Wynter

Pack Reid

Jet

Harewood Baldock

Harsh on Bryan & Wagstaff but I think Wynter would offer protection to a more offensive team, good at taking the ball of the CH's and playing through midfield as well.

But why, we dominated today and have been as good, if not better than the opposition in all but three games. We are not winning by very small margins and changing the team ATM may just mess things up...

I may be mistaken, but isn't one of definitions of madness doing the same thing over & over again, and expecting a different outcome?

It's taken me a while to muster up the courage to post this, but I've decided it's got to be done.

Now listen. I like Sam. I think he's a good lad and he works his socks off. I honestly, and I mean it, honestly, do not want to slag him off. But he is beginning to test my patience a little. He missed 3 excellent chances before we capitulated at Cov. He missed a glorious chance to get the victory at Gills. He should have had today's game sewn up long before Flint's error. There are others that I can't recall off the top of my head!

Baldock has missed a lot of guilt-edged chances this season and although he has 5 goals to his name, he could easily have had 8 - 10. If he had done, City wouldn't be on 6 points, we'd be on 13-15.

He really needs to start taking his chances. To the OP - you seem to be suggesting he needs a partner up front to enable him to score? He's had the chances and fluffed them. In my opinion this is not down to the fact he's playing up on his own? Your suggestion seems to be that he's tired and it's making him miss? I could understand that if it was the 95th minute, but he's missed clear-cut chances at all periods of the game. The formation we're playing is creating chances for him, he's just not sticking them away.

I'm not gonna slag him off too much, as I said, he works hard and is likeable, but he REALLY needs to step up his finishing. That is, ultimately, what he's supposed to be getting paid for.

It's taken me a while to muster up the courage to post this, but I've decided it's got to be done.

Now listen. I like Sam. I think he's a good lad and he works his socks off. I honestly, and I mean it, honestly, do not want to slag him off. But he is beginning to test my patience a little. He missed 3 excellent chances before we capitulated at Cov. He missed a glorious chance to get the victory at Gills. He should have had today's game sewn up long before Flint's error. There are others that I can't recall off the top of my head!

Baldock has missed a lot of guilt-edged chances this season and although he has 5 goals to his name, he could easily have had 8 - 10. If he had done, City wouldn't be on 6 points, we'd be on 13-15.

He really needs to start taking his chances. To the OP - you seem to be suggesting he needs a partner up front to enable him to score? He's had the chances and fluffed them. In my opinion this is not down to the fact he's playing up on his own? Your suggestion seems to be that he's tired and it's making him miss? I could understand that if it was the 95th minute, but he's missed clear-cut chances at all periods of the game. The formation we're playing is creating chances for him, he's just not sticking them away.

I'm not gonna slag him off too much, as I said, he works hard and is likeable, but he REALLY needs to step up his finishing. That is, ultimately, what he's supposed to be getting paid for.

My view is extremely similar to this.

At times he really is infuriating to watch. Now and again he appears extremely dangerous and is a threat, but is unpredictable at best in front of goal and if you were looking to be kind you would describe his first touch as erratic.

I like Sam, his running into the channels or of the shoulder of a defender is good.. But you are right that his conversion rate is appalling this season. I wonder if it is in part due to how the team trains... By all accounts they train by playing games.. Maybe the strikers need to be pulled aside and get a few hours just them 1 or 2 on one to sharpen their touch and finishing...

Problem is, who do we have that can replace him if he does not start converting.

Be careful BAldocks got some extreme fans on here.....who won't have a bad thing said about him.

The fact is he is incredibly one dimensional. An average league 1 player.

In an average league 1 side operating on an average league 1 budget.

In an average league 1 side operating on an average league 1 budget.

Maynard shone in a shitte side, JET shines in this average side.

Baldock doesn't. He is physically week, a poor finisher, crap in the air.

He was average for MK, anonymous for WH, and to think we effectively payed 1.5 mil for him.....

You can't mask the fact he has been a MASSIVE disappointment.

Maynard shone in a shitte side, JET shines in this average side.

Baldock doesn't. He is physically week, a poor finisher, crap in the air.

He was average for MK, anonymous for WH, and to think we effectively payed 1.5 mil for him.....

You can't mask the fact he has been a MASSIVE disappointment.

I suppose that depends on your expectations. I thought he was a pretty average striker even at this level. £1.5M seems an awful lot to pay, if it does work out to that much.

Archived