IGNORED

Who Made You Happiest?

Superjack

Looking at some of the old names mentioned galley ,Gibson .crowe parr , sharp ,garland hunter, royal , remembering the old open end drawing with juventus in a friendly , seeing the dolman stand being built thinking this is the way forward and standing on the east end with snow and ice on the ground. Good old days. Can anyone remember when the flood lights failed can't remember the games.

Loved seeing Mickey Bell play, could spend ages watching his goals.

A player I would pretend to be when playing, growing up.

Ah, Mickey Bell, what a gem. Perhaps the best in a string of fine left backs, indeed, left sided players. I recommended to the board that the Wedlock end be named after him, but they wouldn't hear of it

Brings a tear to the eye The great man himself the greatest player to ever wear the City number 4 shirt also 3 what can be called legends of the club and Terry Cooper plus Norman bites your legs Hunter.

Ear Yar. Particularly like the one on 45 seconds.

So many great names on here - for me though it's more memorable when you were younger

Jacki was the best footballer I've ever seen in a City shirt, but the buzz of watching Riley, Neville, Newman, Pritchard, Smith, Taylor, Turner, Gavin etc late 80s / early 90s won't be topped

As someone said earlier there was a time when it was fun to watch City, and you felt like we weren't going to lose

The entire team that played in the 1-0 win at Arsenal in our first game in the old Division 1. To anyone who wasn't there (or alive!) it may look like a plucky win against the odds but we played Arsenal off the park and but for Jimmy Rimmer in goal, and the woodwork, it could have been 4 or 5. The finest performance I ever saw from a City team. From Merrick and Collier making Malcolm McDonald anonymous, to Gow and Tainton doing likewise to Alan Ball, to Whitehead destroying Sammy Nelson, Ritchie's superb movement and the majestic Cheesley it was as close to perfection as we will ever be.

As to Managers, despite AD's achievement, the most fun was with Terry Cooper and Gary Johnson, both of whom presided over periods when there was for me the greatest unity between the manager, team and fans (notwithstanding some well know dissidents in the latter case!). Bolton at Wembley with Terry and the 2-0 win at Reading with Gary stand out for me.

The entire team that played in the 1-0 win at Arsenal in our first game in the old Division 1. To anyone who wasn't there (or alive!) it may look like a plucky win against the odds but we played Arsenal off the park and but for Jimmy Rimmer in goal, and the woodwork, it could have been 4 or 5. The finest performance I ever saw from a City team. From Merrick and Collier making Malcolm McDonald anonymous, to Gow and Tainton doing likewise to Alan Ball, to Whitehead destroying Sammy Nelson, Ritchie's superb movement and the majestic Cheesley it was as close to perfection as we will ever be.

As to Managers, despite AD's achievement, the most fun was with Terry Cooper and Gary Johnson, both of whom presided over periods when there was for me the greatest unity between the manager, team and fans (notwithstanding some well know dissidents in the latter case!). Bolton at Wembley with Terry and the 2-0 win at Reading with Gary stand out for me.

The peak of my supporting life. It lasted all of three days until Cheesley got crocked against Stoke :(

Ha, I just looked back at the title of thread and realized my answer may come across as a little queer for our younger viewers!?!? What I meant was.........Buster was a legend, come rain or shine.

Top man! Didn't he have a dodgy leg too? He'd run on in his trackie bottoms and t-shirt whatever. Hard as nails.

Archived