IGNORED

Who Made You Happiest?

Superjack

Gerry Gow and Glyn Riley - both great blokes who cared so much about our club and the fans. Never less than absolute maximum effort from those two.

Will never forget the lunchtime I spent chatting to Mr Gow in a pub in Weymouth. His eyes moistened as he recalled the glory days. I invited him on a stag weekend and he turned up! Class! Can you imagine a modern day player doing that?!

And when we played Aldershot away shortly after selling Mr Riley to them, he came on as sub for them and looked visibly moved as the amazing reception he got from the visiting fans. As did the 'Shot fans!

Hapoy days!

Gerry Gow and Glyn Riley - both great blokes who cared so much about our club and the fans. Never less than absolute maximum effort from those two.

Will never forget the lunchtime I spent chatting to Mr Gow in a pub in Weymouth. His eyes moistened as he recalled the glory days. I invited him on a stag weekend and he turned up! Class! Can you imagine a modern day player doing that?!

And when we played Aldershot away shortly after selling Mr Riley to them, he came on as sub for them and looked visibly moved as the amazing reception he got from the visiting fans. As did the 'Shot fans!

Hapoy days!

Was at that game and all the lads on the minibus signed a good luck card for him and handed it to him during the warm up. We put the name of our local in at and a few weeks later a thank you card arrived from Glyn. Top top bloke.

In answer to the original question, Terry Cooper.

This is impossible to answer.

Jackie is still the most skillful player I've seen in a city shirt.

Also have a soft spot for Glyn Riley, Scotty, Walshy, Howard Pritchard, Tins, Psyco, Garland, Ritchie, John Shaw ('cus they came back and helped put when we were on our last legs).

Manager Cooper over Jordan. (Too young in the 1st division days to understand anything about the history of BCFC as don't think I can legitimately choose Dicks. But I do remember the enclosure chanting for 'Dicks out' as an 11/12 year old :fear:.))

Neville/Riley partnership, Walshy and of course Moysie

The along came Murray and Tinnion and Mickey Bell

And Bradley Orr and Basso, not sure if it was always smiles but there was passion.

And for outsiders I really, really liked McIndoe and Luke Wilkshire

Simple question...

...who is the one individual that has made you the happiest as a City fan?

Easy for me...

...although Jackie is a close second, it has to be Joe Jordan.

Norman Hunter - the England International that shored up our defence to help keep us in the top flight of English football.

Then Kevin Mabbutt because he scored a top flight hat-trick against Manchester United at Old Trafford and he was a Cotham Grammar School lad. I still tell people about that hat-trick all around the country. A good ice breaker at social and business meetings. ;) This City hasn't got a better boast than that in the eyes of fellow football supporters that I meet.

The concierge at the Vanderbilt hotel, West London, May 1987. He made me happy. "Can I take your bags, sir?" "I must say, sir, your club and it's representatives are not like the rubbish we usually have staying here before Wembley finals," "That suit is a wonderful cut, sir. Savile Row? No? Oh, Debenhams? Fine cloth, sir, suits you. Stylish," "Lady Q is quite a catch, sir, if you'll beg me pardon, sir," "Can I take your order for breakfast, sir? Full English? Would sir care to consider the menu, with it's selection of fresh, hand made French pastries, continental sliced meats and tropical fruit, sir? No? The Full English it is, then. A fine choice, sir," "Another Dom Perignon, sir? Of course. And a glass of Salon Blanc de Blancs Le Mesnil-sur-Oger for Lady Q? Certainly. Excuse me? Oh, yes. And a half of the house bitter for Mr. Williams. With you in a second, sir," "You sound confident, sir. I have heard Maaansfield have a decent keepah, sir? You're not concerned. I'm sure you're right sir," "Goodbye, sir. Better luck next year. (Cough) a tip, sir, if you'll forgive my impertinence. Oh, you'll definitely make the play-offs next year. Thank you, sir. Gawd bless, you. You're a gentleman, Mr. Q, sir."

Happy days.

Archived