IGNORED

Bridgwater Town Vs Bath City

chalky

Rich Bastards? TTFC have one of the smallest budgets in the Southern League, charge the lowest admission prices and are run solvently now having been over £270000 in debt at one time. Bridgy's recent success is due to a benevolent sponsor with deep pockets. The irony, that he's a scrap dealer,

isn't lost on me!!!

They are spending more than twice what Taunton are. Never lasts in non-league football. Ask Truro, Minehead, Tiverton Elmore etc etc etc. As for Bridgy being a shit hole, you said it!!!

I was talking about your town being full of rich snobby bxxtards who think they are better than us :)

As for throwing money at it, Taunton have been there and done that, but as your town has population of 70k and gets football crowds of less

than 200 it didn't work did it!

No one in BW thinks were much good, but were better than you ;)

As a staunch Minehead fan in my youth, the late 70's heydays, I must say its great reading a Bridgy and Taunton fan having a go at each other.

I can remember Yeovil being our main local rivals back then, City were in the top flight.

Now City are below Yeovil and Minehead's local rivals are Watcher!

As a staunch Minehead fan in my youth, the late 70's heydays, I must say its great reading a Bridgy and Taunton fan having a go at each other.

I can remember Yeovil being our main local rivals back then, City were in the top flight.

Now City are below Yeovil and Minehead's local rivals are Watchet!

Enjoyed the day out at Bridgwater yesterday!! Some great little old fashioned pubs on the walk to the ground (the gastro craze doesn't seemed to have reached Bridgey which was good to see!)

8 quid entry (probably too much for the standard) but I noted kids could go in for free...

Nice little ground with 2 covered terraces behind each goal. Match was pretty one sided and was wrapped up early on in the first half. Attendance was 722 if I remember rightly. Stood with the Bath singers behind the end they were kicking to in the 2nd half and they got some good songs going. Most sung about "city" which I happily joined in with. Some unique song that I hadn't heard before too (unfortunately forget them now but one included references to scrumpy and a night out in Twerton).

All in all, I enjoyed my first experience of non-league footy. Decent atmosphere, all good natured, no stewards breathing down your necks telling you to sit down etc. Think WSM vs Bath would be a great fixture but this season the games are on boxing day and new years.... WTF!?

There was a time when most English leagues played a local team on boxing day and the the reverse fixture on new years day.

Its still going strong in many non leagues.

Good to hear the Bridgy pubs haven't changed much. Spent many years playing in the Taunton and district league, most teams of which came from Bridgy. At least the cellophane factory has gone. That took some getting used to.

There was a time when most English leagues played a local team on boxing day and the the reverse fixture on new years day.

Its still going strong in many non leagues.

Good to hear the Bridgy pubs haven't changed much. Spent many years playing in the Taunton and district league, most teams of which came from Bridgy. At least the cellophane factory has gone. That took some getting used to.

True, but who is our local team now?

Archived