IGNORED

Mcinnes Wins Spl Manager Of The Month

hippy273

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24444909

'The Dons were unbeaten last month, taking seven points from a possible nine in the league and progressing in the League Cup'

Who still blames him for our downfall? Agreed he was out of his depth with us, but all i have to say is fair play for picking himself up back in the SPL where he is obviously getting the results.

that's because the league is easier and he knows it.

his main issue here was that he didn't know the league, players in the league, how the teams played etc etc. and ultimately made bad decisions that he'll learn from (spending around £2m on Davies and Baldock when we were crying out for a CB).

he came in at a difficult time and i still feel it was too much for him to take on with no experience in English league management. I don't blame him for taking the job, because anyone would take a promotion as big as going from St Johnstone to us - but I do blame the board for offering it to him ahead of someone more experienced and who knew the league.

He can, win it for 1,000 months running and it won't change my opinion, awful manager!

Agree with this, he can do what Sir Alex did with Abderdeen and it wouldn't change my opinon, our worst manager in a very very long time.

He really did bring the word `tinkering` to a whole new level

Hmmm... Scottish Prem vs Championship.

Kind of like comparing a 5 quid bottle of sparkling water with a fine french champagne.

The fact is his tactics and team selections were awful and the quality of team in the scottish leagues are poor compared to Championship level.

McInnes is a good manager. The way he was immediately shot down here after a bad month or two around this time last year was ridiculous.

A bad month or two?! He had one good month before we plummeted into the schiess and stayed there! He had a 26% win ratio at City and most of his decisions and player recruitment showed he was out of his depth in English football.

Hmmm... Scottish Prem vs Championship.

Kind of like comparing a 5 quid bottle of sparkling water with a fine french champagne.

The fact is his tactics and team selections were awful and the quality of team in the scottish leagues are poor compared to Championship level.

Accomplished at a League 1 standard i reckon. If he had come to us from Aberdeen to replace SOD instead of before him, i might have considered the switch!

A bad month or two?! He had one good month before we plummeted into the schiess and stayed there! He had a 26% win ratio at City and most of his decisions and player recruitment showed he was out of his depth in English football.

What a load or rubbish. He kept us up when the majority said Keith Millen (who's now working in the premier league) was clueless (even though he'd also kept us up against the odds two years running) and that we had no chance of staying up. But McInnes did keep us up.

I remember people seriously questioning him after that really frustrating 4-3 home defeat to Burnley, which was little over just one month after we'd won at Peterborough and things were looking quite good.

As the OP asked, was he really to blame for us struggling at the moment, even though we'd been struggling before and after he was here?

How do that compare to SOD'S 20% win ratio?

http://managerstats.co.uk/clubs/?club=Bristol%20City

(DM was 27% if were rounding)

Both crap - but I do at least see some progression when it comes to long-term vision, recruitment, youth policy etc under SOD.

That said, we don't really have a choice with that policy now. And it was of course McInnes that gave Joe Bryan the first team role and played out James Wilson, although i'd say SOD looks like he works better with youth.

What a load or rubbish. He kept us up when the majority said Keith Millen (who's now working in the premier league) was clueless (even though he'd also kept us up against the odds two years running) and that we had no chance of staying up. But McInnes did keep us up.

I remember people seriously questioning him after that really frustrating 4-3 home defeat to Burnley, which was little over just one month after we'd won at Peterborough and things were looking quite good.

As the OP asked, was he really to blame for us struggling at the moment, even though we'd been struggling before and after he was here?

How much money did they all piss up the wall for us to get progressively worse? Can't excuse anyone who spent as much as Del did on Baldock and Davies, two strikers who were never going to work together, and overlook the defence. Agree with Red-Robbo there's a long term vision now, before we just lurched from one crisis to the next.

That said, we don't really have a choice with that policy now. And it was of course McInnes that gave Joe Bryan the first team role and played out James Wilson, although i'd say SOD looks like he works better with youth.

and of course it was mciness who bought Stephen pearson and jody morris

I still rate him as a manager, I'll probably get shot down for it but it's my genuine opinion.

He took us over in dire circumstances, but eventually managed to keep us up. He made some astute signings last summer (Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Baldock, Davies), his downfall was simply not being able to manage them when the pressure crept in. Looking at last year's fixture list, we were still playing well up until after the 3-4 Burnley loss, then after that point his inexperience of managing at Championship level started to show as the pressure started to get to him. He couldn't make his mind up on his best team (should have used the same team we used in the opening 3 games once again, and further on, the 3-4-1-2 we used against Posh was not used again) and on top of the results it gave the support further incentive to question whether he knew what he was doing.

I think he has the potential to be a decent manager still, the job was arguably too much too soon, as others have pointed out. I wouldn't be surprised to see him given another shot in England one day.

Two things I cannot forgive him for though would be buying Foster and proceeding to start him in practically every single bloody game and also selling Pitman.

I still rate him as a manager, I'll probably get shot down for it but it's my genuine opinion.

He took us over in dire circumstances, but eventually managed to keep us up. He made some astute signings last summer (Heaton, Cunningham, Anderson, Baldock, Davies), his downfall was simply not being able to manage them when the pressure crept in. Looking at last year's fixture list, we were still playing well up until after the 3-4 Burnley loss, then after that point his inexperience of managing at Championship level started to show as the pressure started to get to him. He couldn't make his mind up on his best team (should have used the same team we used in the opening 3 games once again, and further on, the 3-4-1-2 we used against Posh was not used again) and on top of the results it gave the support further incentive to question whether he knew what he was doing.

I think he has the potential to be a decent manager still, the job was arguably too much too soon, as others have pointed out. I wouldn't be surprised to see him given another shot in England one day.

Two things I cannot forgive him for though would be buying Foster and proceeding to start him in practically every single bloody game and also selling Pitman.

wouldnt call spending £2m on Baldock and Davies when we should've bought a CB astute

Will never forget the work he did building towards the long term, giving long contracts to the likes of Bryan and Reid and getting in the likes of Morrell etc who will undoubtely be the future of the club.

However I was frustrated with the constant, pointless tinkering of the side which is something you simply cannot do when the team is struggling and shot of confidence. Also was growing fed up with the number of pointless loans coming in and out the door. That clearly demonstrated to me that he was way out of his depth and had to go.

Glad he's managed to turn it round though, and I will always remember him fondly as the one who started to put wheels in motion for a long term project.

Archived