IGNORED

England For The English

Cambridge Batch Red

King Carrot, didn't the doctor tell you to finish all the pills before posting again?

In our squad at the moment:

Moloney, Williams, Cunningham & McLaughlin (Irish), Kelly & Pearson (Scottish), Kilkenny (Australian), Elliott (Jamaican), Burns & Morrell (Welsh) and Jordan (New Zealand)

Oh yeah, Dariusz Dziekanowski was Polish. So STFU.

King Carrot, didn't the doctor tell you to finish all the pills before posting again?

Moloney, Williams, Cunningham & McLaughlin (Irish), Kelly & Pearson (Scottish), Kilkenny (Australian), Elliott (Jamaican), Burns & Morrell (Welsh) and Jordan (New Zealand)

And that sums up his point.

Wish it was that easy.

The guy who plays for West Brom, who came here as a refugee when he was 10, he shouldn't play then? Leroy Lita came here at 5 is he "English" enough?

I do find the spectacle of England trying to get the Man U kid pretty nauseating and would hate us to be like Ireland, making up fictitious grandparents to steal players, but England born only would have meant Terry Butcher say couldn't have played just because his Mum was in Singapore at the time of his birth.

Ever see him play? Think he wasn't "English" enough?

Wilshire is right. What's the point of having international football otherwise?

You might as well have an England XI or England Allstars like the Harlem Globetrotters otherwise and just pick whoever you want.

I don't want foreign mercenaries I want an English team made up from English players, and of we never win anything it's because we are not good enough, not because we didn't bend the rules.

I think Marvin Elliott is a classic example of this whole dispute. He isn't Jamaican. He qualifies by something ridiculous like his grandparents used to live there.

Wilshire is right. What's the point of having international football otherwise?

You might as well have an England XI or England Allstars like the Harlem Globetrotters otherwise and just pick whoever you want.

I don't want foreign mercenaries I want an English team made up from English players, and of we never win anything it's because we are not good enough, not because we didn't bend the rules.

To be "English", you need to be born here, or qualify through either parent being British, ie you could play for England, Scotland, Wales, N Ireland, through ancestry back to your grandparents. If England (Or Scotland, Wales, N Ireland for that matter) cant get a decent team with those rules, which due to four home nations, are waaaay more generous than any other country, then its down to English players not having the hunger needed.

Dont see too many English bitching about Barnes, Hargreaves, Holtby in football, let alone the cricket or rugby teams. I take it you dont like Mo Farah representing England? or Christine Ohurugu? Or Leeeroy when he did?

Actually as an immigrant to this country from all four home nations backgrounds (in Englands case my Mother was Bristol born, (and left the night the Nazi's blitzed Bristol), I find your whole arguement is pathetic. You cannot turn the clock back. Learn to live with it.

Get used to it people, the world is a completely different place now

Refugees, people moving for work - this is going to happen more and more. Rules need to be put in place now to avoid a cluster**** in years to come

As for this kid - as a journo on talksport said this morning, Macheda got two on his United debut.....where is he right now!?

Jack Wilshire:

"We have to remember what we are. We are English. We tackle hard, are tough on the pitch and are hard to beat.

"We have great characters. You think of Spain and you think technical but you think of England and you think they are brave and they tackle hard. We have to remember that"

So our identity is basically a bunch of cloggers who seldom do well in tournament footy as opposed to the Spanish who play the right way and win things. Brilliant.

Get used to it people, the world is a completely different place now

Refugees, people moving for work - this is going to happen more and more. Rules need to be put in place now to avoid a cluster**** in years to come

As for this kid - as a journo on talksport said this morning, Macheda got two on his United debut.....where is he right now!?

On the other hand, where's C Ronaldo?

Jack Wilshire:

"We have to remember what we are. We are English. We tackle hard, are tough on the pitch and are hard to beat.

"We have great characters. You think of Spain and you think technical but you think of England and you think they are brave and they tackle hard. We have to remember that"

So our identity is basically a bunch of cloggers who seldom do well in tournament footy as opposed to the Spanish who play the right way and win things. Brilliant.

surprised it took this long for that to be noticed. What in gods name is this over-rated half wit even talking about?

Clearly he's intimidated by the fact that the manc lad is probably twice the player he is.

Jack Wilshire:

I think of Spain - winners

I think of England - overrated, overpaid, having a smoke in a nightclub hours after a game

I just don't get the hype about Wilshere, and the fact it's him flapping his gums about this just makes it worse. Probably scared this lad will take his place and he won't get the chance to top up his duty free with every away trip

Archived