IGNORED

A Question For Those Still Backing Sod

NVMal

Right now I'd take a bit of mid-table nothingness. It's got to beat the free-fall marking SOD's reign.

But that's not the point is it. Clough took Derby the square root of nowhere in 5 years, so what evidence is there to say he's going to do a better job than SOD in our current scenario? Realistically, the only reason he got so much time at Pride Park is because of who his dad is

It may not appear that Clough has done nothing at Derby but he has kept them comfortably in the Championship , and performed the so called "Transition" that some on here say SO`d is performing. Clough has massively cut the wage bill that he inherited and implemented a new pay structure , he has blooded and developed youth team players and managed to get rid of all the dead wood they had .... as we well know.....

That may be so (I think you give him too much credit) but the fact is he has taken Derby nowhere in 5 seasons of trying- what is there to suggest he's going to do better than SOD? If we were to change managers it would surely have to be for an outstanding managerial candidate, someone who is obviously better than what we have. I may feel differently come Christmas, but for now I just don't see how changing the manager will change anything

That may be so (I think you give him too much credit) but the fact is he has taken Derby nowhere in 5 seasons of trying- what is there to suggest he's going to do better than SOD? If we were to change managers it would surely have to be for an outstanding managerial candidate, someone who is obviously better than what we have. I may feel differently come Christmas, but for now I just don't see how changing the manager will change anything

Do you think i give him too much credit do you....he has kept a side in the championship on a shoe string budget with liitle resources for many years now. I think most city fans would bite your hand off for championship mid table mediocrity

Lets look at at what SO`d has achived in the last five years then... is it 2 or 3 relegations ....funny that the last three teams that SO`d previously managed are doing far better now he is not there..

People need to open there eyes ... we have not progressed or in transition we are in free fall and look to be heading to League 2 , i for one would love to see SO`d succeed but its looking highly unlikely now and how much longer do we have to wait before we have a OH **it moment is that when we have 5 games left to play and sitting bottom of the league

Do you think i give him too much credit do you....he has kept a side in the championship on a shoe string budget with liitle resources for many years now. I think most city fans would bite your hand off for championship mid table mediocrity

Lets look at at what SO`d has achived in the last five years then... is it 2 or 3 relegations ....funny that the last three teams that SO`d previously managed are doing far better now he is not there..

People need to open there eyes ... we have not progressed or in transition we are in free fall and look to be heading to League 2 , i for one would love to see SO`d succeed but its looking highly unlikely now and how much longer do we have to wait before we have a OH **it moment is that when we have 5 games left to play and sitting bottom of the league

on a budget? Like when he signed Connor Sammon for over £1 million? Or Richard Keogh? Or Jonny Russell? Or Jason Shakell? TransferMarkt.com tells me that at the start of the 11/12 season, Derby spent over £2 million more than they recovered in transfer fees- I'd love to see what kind of strings you have in your shoes pal. I've no doubt that lower-mid table in the Championship would be something most of us would give a testicle for right now, but we're not in the championship, we're near the bottom of League 1 and if you honestly think that Nigel 'I only kept my job this long because of my dad' Clough is the answer to our problems, then I despair

We were lower mid table, in the, championship but that wasn't good enough was it! at the, time the message boards were full of abuse for Johnson/ millen we couldn't wait to get rid of clowns like off and McIndoe some were saying get harry redknspp in as manager! Times change but the ability of some of our supporters to live on a planet totally detached from reality does not!

on a budget? Like when he signed Connor Sammon for over £1 million? Or Richard Keogh? Or Jonny Russell? Or Jason Shakell? TransferMarkt.com tells me that at the start of the 11/12 season, Derby spent over £2 million more than they recovered in transfer fees- I'd love to see what kind of strings you have in your shoes pal. I've no doubt that lower-mid table in the Championship would be something most of us would give a testicle for right now, but we're not in the championship, we're near the bottom of League 1 and if you honestly think that Nigel 'I only kept my job this long because of my dad' Clough is the answer to our problems, then I despair

2 million is not a lot in the grand scheme of things how much did we lose last year 10 mill was it. Realistically how much do you think it costs to keep a team in the championship let alone premiership..?

I am not saying Clough is the man for us i was just responding to a post but one thing i do know we aint won for months and dont look like it either . All we do is pass it round the back four and then when we run out of ideas or realise you cant keep passing to the same man back and forewards decide to lump it to a striker who is up there on his own and will never win anything againt 6 foot plus centre halves.

2 million is not a lot in the grand scheme of things how much did we lose last year 10 mill was it. Realistically how much do you think it costs to keep a team in the championship let alone Premier League..?

I am not saying Clough is the man for us i was just responding to a post but one thing i do know we aint won for months and dont look like it either . All we do is pass it round the back four and then when we run out of ideas or realise you cant keep passing to the same man back and forewards decide to lump it to a striker who is up there on his own and will never win anything againt 6 foot plus centre halves.

But spending £2 million to tread water just isn't an option for us any more and I don't think there's anyone out there who is ideal to parachute into our particular situation. I'm not blindly loyal to SOD, I just think that we need to hold our nerve at this point and the win will come

But spending £2 million to tread water just isn't an option for us any more and I don't think there's anyone out there who is ideal to parachute into our particular situation. I'm not blindly loyal to SOD, I just think that we need to hold our nerve at this point and the win will come

Fingers crossed we will get that win and go on a long run and all this talk will be forgotten about .......COYR`s

When will you admit enough is enough and that we need to get someone else in to try and turn things around?

Give me a number of how many more games without a win you will accept?

you know sometimes It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Those with a modicum of football intelligence are not Backing Sod for the sake of it or to prove a point one way or the other, nor do we have deadlines or a number of games we are prepared to loose filed away on record in the back of our minds.

No... we back the manger because our endemic gut feel tells us it is the correct and logical path to take at present.

We also do not see a lower risk strategy that will deliver a better outcome in the longer term,

experience and time are a hard task master as the test often comes before the lesson, supporters like you are the test, and the lesson is the shambles we will have to pick up if we keep changing managers and strategy.

i hope that answers your question... i don't expect you to agree with me by the way, nor do i want to prevent you from having a view which i respect but do not concur with.

It's not a question of how long we stick with him, it's who would we replace him with? Or do we (once again) panic and make the wrong choice and make things worse? I'll ask my question again; who would you replace him with?

It's a very valid question.

Many on here seem to think City might persue Warnock, Clough or some other high profile manager should SO'D depart.

I think it's unlikely, due both to cost involved and the often reitterated mantra that the club intends to continue with it's new philosophy whether SO'D departs next week or in 5 years time.

This philosophy has been accepted and acted upon at all levels of the club so the fairly obvious, and patentlyly less expensive option, would be to promote from within. After all continuity is key.

I seem to remember Alex Russell being talked about as a very likely future City manager, and were he to take over he may well look to the ever still in situ Louis Carey to be his bubbly moustachioed assistant.

In the fullness of time of course Russell himself would move on, either because he's been very successful, or the opposite, and the natural progression would be to install his assistant, Louis Carey, as the manager. possibly with a by then returned Cole Skuse as his player/Captain assistant manager, and he in turn would take the helm if Carey ever left the post.

Which of course, he wouldn't. So basically it would be Carey for ever.

Look, shall we just stick with SO'D?

It's a very valid question posed by the OP and once again, I find myself in almost total agreement with Bearded Red.

For me, I'm giving him this season and I have to say to those deluded souls who would still back him if we went down - a further relegation would be entirely SOD's fault and prove him unworthy of his job. Once again, we'd lose loads of our best players and be 'a team in transition' and all the other cliches.

If he keeps us in this league, then I'll judge how the experiment is going next season.

Did anyone predict a start to the season as bad as this one?

I don't think anyone thought we would be below mid-table 10 games in. Not one point off bottom, with no wins.

The start to this season is as bad as is possible, and don't forget that is WITH Baldock and JET in the team. Imagine where we would be without those goals - comfortably adrift at the bottom.

As has been said above, this is a transition, but the results are unforgivable considering the wage bill, and the not unreasonable expectations of a large (by league 1 standards) and well supported (by L1 standards) club.

I'd give SOD to the end of October at the very latest - unless the board are happy for us to go down. Again.

.......... who wants Championship play-off final to league 2 in five seasons on their CV? Mr Lansdown??

I can't see a defence to these allegations of mismanagement.

:disapointed2se:

you know sometimes It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Those with a modicum of football intelligence are not Backing Sod for the sake of it or to prove a point one way or the other, nor do we have deadlines or a number of games we are prepared to loose filed away on record in the back of our minds.

No... we back the manger because our endemic gut feel tells us it is the correct and logical path to take at present.

We also do not see a lower risk strategy that will deliver a better outcome in the longer term,

experience and time are a hard task master as the test often comes before the lesson, supporters like you are the test, and the lesson is the shambles we will have to pick up if we keep changing managers and strategy.

i hope that answers your question... i don't expect you to agree with me by the way, nor do i want to prevent you from having a view which i respect but do not concur with.

The irony of your opening line is summed up with what followed.

The problem with supporting SOD, and I am sure we will get our first win at Crewe, is not whether the players lose heart but whether SOD has lost heart and doesn't know what to do next. Remember John Ward.

With SOD's lack of charisma and apparent lack of aggressive spirit this will show through to the players very quickly and we will get a downward spiral.

SOD, I presume, will not resign to ensure he gets compensation.

I will give him as long as it takes! Why start such a crap topic again!

I bet you were one of the thousands of fans that got fed up with Millen and del cause we were not playing attractive football. We then get what every fans want a manager that trys to play football the right way and brings on the youngsters.

Sod has had to give the club a complete overhall and work with a tight budget.

So for people moaning, why not get behind the club and realise this is not a overnight fix! Things like this take time.

So stop moaning and get behind the manager and team!!!

thank you coundnt have put it better

The irony of your opening line is summed up with what followed.

Did that response help to make you feel interlectually superior ?

If so i am pleased to have been able to offer you that opportunity.

Now do you have anything interesting to add to the debate, if not i suggest you look up the

Little Britain sketch, you know, the one with the teacher who has run off with the pupil

I suspect there are some ironic parrallels in there which would appeal to someone like you.

I'm not agitating for Clough to replace SOD but you give only half the picture. When he took over Derby were in a dreadful financial state. His first job was to massively reduce the wage bill and stabilise the club. Much the same as SOD in fact, though Derby didn't decide that relegation was a key part of the long term plan. He couldn't then turn them into a promotion side, which is why he is out of a job. It will be interesting to see whether SOD follows a similar path, albeit a division lower.

3 pages of generally speaking utter utter drivel.

Thankfully these views are a retarded minority.

There will always be a difference of opinion on matters as serious as the current predicament BCFC finds itself in at this time but you, sir or madam, are a complete *ock describing those who have an alternative opinion to your own "retards".

Just out of interest how many years have you been supporting City and what % of games each season do you attend?

They are seemingly no longer a minority it seems :facepalm:

We bemoan the lack of football people at the Club, SO'D is a a proper footballing man, if we chase him, as well. out of the club, them I fear for our future. I am afraid the voice of reason is being drowned by these idiots, and don't think for one minute that it doesn't filter through to the club, it does.

Remember, Baby vs Bath Water

Calling people idiots for wanting a manager out that has not won a league match for 7 months :blink:

He may well talk a good game but it doesnt show on the pitch, and doesnt look like improving any time soon

Archived