IGNORED

A Question For Those Still Backing Sod

NVMal

It's a very valid question posed by the OP and once again, I find myself in almost total agreement with Bearded Red.

For me, I'm giving him this season and I have to say to those deluded souls who would still back him if we went down - a further relegation would be entirely SOD's fault and prove him unworthy of his job. Once again, we'd lose loads of our best players and be 'a team in transition' and all the other cliches.

If he keeps us in this league, then I'll judge how the experiment is going next season.

You seem to contradict yourself there squire- you say you would give him the season then say those who back him for the season even if we went down are deluded; by definition if you back him for the season and then we go down you are also deluded?!! Maybe I read you wrong but that is how it comes across!!

No sir; per my understanding of OP's question I am talking future tense.

Fair play then, you must have the patience of a saint!

Still, if we do fail to win any of the next 10, the next one would be Boxing Day (unless the Crawley game is arranged before then).

Will our Christmas present be 3 points from SOD or a new gaffer from the board?

Fair play then, you must have the patience of a saint!

Still, if we do fail to win any of the next 10, the next one would be Boxing Day (unless the Crawley game is arranged before then).

Will our Christmas present be 3 points from SOD or a new gaffer from the board?

A late 'Christmas present' or just another gaffer change that may or may not work. I always take into consideration two facts... Chopping and changing rarely works and look at the teams who stick by their managers.... I know very few examples other than two of the most successful teams in the land in arsenal and manure. Maybe a few other teams across all divisions should plan long term for once because the opposite seems to fail in very regular fashion.

A late 'Christmas present' or just another gaffer change that may or may not work. I always take into consideration two facts... Chopping and changing rarely works and look at the teams who stick by their managers.... I know very few examples other than two of the most successful teams in the land in arsenal and manure. Maybe a few other teams across all divisions should plan long term for once because the opposite seems to fail in very regular fashion.

It's a fair point and I believe Orient are reaping the benefits of sticking by Slade.

However, at what point do you say enough is enough? Another 10 games without a win will leave us on, at best, 16 points from 20 games. Given that we will need around 50 points to stay up, I'm not sure I'd be happy for the situation to get that far.

It's a fair point and I believe Orient are reaping the benefits of sticking by Slade.

However, at what point do you say enough is enough? Another 10 games without a win will leave us on, at best, 16 points from 20 games. Given that we will need around 50 points to stay up, I'm not sure I'd be happy for the situation to get that far.

We aren't at that point yet, especially with signs in recent games (Wycombe apart) that things are improving. I do think the next 2 months are crunch time though in terms of starting to get wins.

As I said in another post he needs to achieve 15 points out of every set of ten games ahead just to keep us in this division.

Me personally would give 5 games to get 10pts and if we haven't achieved that then we need to take a good hard look at his position or we are probably going to get relegated again............

When will you admit enough is enough and that we need to get someone else in to try and turn things around?

Give me a number of how many more games without a win you will accept?

The recent poll here showed I believe 93% against a change now..so unlikely to be many takers.of course many of us 93 percenters have our doubts but wouldn't be pressing the panic button quite yet.

I don't want SOD out as in many ways he's been dealt a poor hand.

I think his demise "could" be sooner than we realise. If we hit the bottom of the table (distinct possibility) then the physiological impact on the fans and management will be too much and he'll be fired.

Archived