IGNORED

A Question For Those Still Backing Sod

NVMal

Who do you expect to come in?

Why do you think changing manager again will make it any different?

Would you still be saying this if we had won on Saturday?

Not my remit. However, there will be plenty of out of work managers that could be tempted at this stage of the season. Steve Cotterill? Warnock?

We have to try before we will know. We can't go on losing week after week because change might not work.

Perhaps not, but we didn't, like we haven't since March.

The fact is if we can't win when we are playing well, which has happened on a number of occasions this season then we have absolutely no chance when we play badly, as proved last night.

"Forest fan here. Just keeping tabs on our old manager Sean. I did warn you guys that his reputation was built on two mid table Championship finishes with Donny Rovers. He did have a few players in their prime at the time Hayter, Sharpe, Coppinger and Neil Sullivan all excellent Championship players. The football last season at Forest was dire in the extreme under Sean's stewardship. After one home defeat when the team played like a bunch of headless Chickens, Sean, in one of his long drawn out after match interviews described the performance as Terrific! It wasn't, and he must have been the only person in the stadium that thought so. Sean was sacked after we thrashed Leeds 4-2 on Boxing Day. What people outside the club may not know is that in the changing room after the previous match at Watford, there was a major disagreement among the players and coaching staff. The players complaint was that they did not know what they were supposed to be doing. And that the tactics were too complicated to understand! Sean then incredibly ASK the players were they wanted to play in the next match (Leeds) and played them there! Good luck for the rest of the season, you need it.”

This is a cutting from todays post, seems a lot haven't changed!

"Forest fan here. Just keeping tabs on our old manager Sean. I did warn you guys that his reputation was built on two mid table Championship finishes with Donny Rovers. He did have a few players in their prime at the time Hayter, Sharpe, Coppinger and Neil Sullivan all excellent Championship players. The football last season at Forest was dire in the extreme under Sean's stewardship. After one home defeat when the team played like a bunch of headless Chickens, Sean, in one of his long drawn out after match interviews described the performance as Terrific! It wasn't, and he must have been the only person in the stadium that thought so. Sean was sacked after we thrashed Leeds 4-2 on Boxing Day. What people outside the club may not know is that in the changing room after the previous match at Watford, there was a major disagreement among the players and coaching staff. The players complaint was that they did not know what they were supposed to be doing. And that the tactics were too complicated to understand! Sean then incredibly ASK the players were they wanted to play in the next match (Leeds) and played them there! Good luck for the rest of the season, you need it.”

couldnt have been all that bad if they were in the play-offs when he was sacked

I think the better question is :

Who is in control now at Ashton Gate ?

Jon Lansdown is on paternity leave , his Dad in Guernsey - Keith Dawe seems to be a non-entity - Doug Harman invisible

Who would sack SoD ? not his best mate Director of Football Keith Burt thats for sure !

Anyway - nobody wanted SoD NOT to succeed - we all wanted him to succeed -but we need to know WHAT his targets were ( set by the Board) at the beginning of the season

If the target was to just stay in the Division because they believe in him and his methods then we look like we might just be on track for that but we all must acknowledge that if things dont turn quickly then we could be in real relegation trouble

However we cannot deny the stats :

As manager SoD has won 5 out of 30 League matches - a win ratio of 16% - most managers would be sacked for that form

No win in 18 /19 in the League ( I cant quite remember ) - again form which would get most managers sacked

So lets look at budgets - I know we are cutting the wage bill but i would bet that behind Wolves , Sheff Utd and maybe Peterboro we have the highest wage bill in the Division - lets be charitable and assume we are in the Top 5 - if thats the case then either SoD has wasted that wage bill on poor players OR they are good players and his methods , training , tactics are not good enough

Lets not even mention motivation or man-management skills because ( on the face of it ) he doesn't appear to have any

He has been coming across ( of late ) as arrogant in interviews which is a sure sign of being a man under pressure

I've said this before but the total INERTIA at the Club with no leader in the Boardroom , no leader on the pitch means that the Club MUST have a charismatic character as Manager in order to pull people together - the job of a manager is to get more than the sum of the parts out of the playing squad - at present I could be manager / coach and get out iof the team that SoD's apparently getting

I always worried that we wouldnt get back in the Championship for a few seasons and without one or 2 more changes of manager and i have seen nothing since January that would make me change my mind

To think SL sacked GJ when we were about 15th in the Championship and had lost about 4 in 6 - if only we could turn back the clock because the Club needs GJ ( or a manager like him ) at this moment in time

Now you bloody tell us you told us! Why the blazzies didn't you tell us you'd told us?

I think the better question is :

Who is in control now at Ashton Gate ?

Jon Lansdown is on paternity leave , his Dad in Guernsey - Keith Dawe seems to be a non-entity - Doug Harman invisible

Who would sack SoD ? not his best mate Director of Football Keith Burt thats for sure !

Anyway - nobody wanted SoD NOT to succeed - we all wanted him to succeed -but we need to know WHAT his targets were ( set by the Board) at the beginning of the season

If the target was to just stay in the Division because they believe in him and his methods then we look like we might just be on track for that but we all must acknowledge that if things dont turn quickly then we could be in real relegation trouble

However we cannot deny the stats :

As manager SoD has won 5 out of 30 League matches - a win ratio of 16% - most managers would be sacked for that form

No win in 18 /19 in the League ( I cant quite remember ) - again form which would get most managers sacked

So lets look at budgets - I know we are cutting the wage bill but i would bet that behind Wolves , Sheff Utd and maybe Peterboro we have the highest wage bill in the Division - lets be charitable and assume we are in the Top 5 - if thats the case then either SoD has wasted that wage bill on poor players OR they are good players and his methods , training , tactics are not good enough

Lets not even mention motivation or man-management skills because ( on the face of it ) he doesn't appear to have any

He has been coming across ( of late ) as arrogant in interviews which is a sure sign of being a man under pressure

I've said this before but the total INERTIA at the Club with no leader in the Boardroom , no leader on the pitch means that the Club MUST have a charismatic character as Manager in order to pull people together - the job of a manager is to get more than the sum of the parts out of the playing squad - at present I could be manager / coach and get out iof the team that SoD's apparently getting

I always worried that we wouldnt get back in the Championship for a few seasons and without one or 2 more changes of manager and i have seen nothing since January that would make me change my mind

To think SL sacked GJ when we were about 15th in the Championship and had lost about 4 in 6 - if only we could turn back the clock because the Club needs GJ ( or a manager like him ) at this moment in time

The Kitman?

When will you admit enough is enough and that we need to get someone else in to try and turn things around?

Give me a number of how many more games without a win you will accept?

I will give him as long as it takes! Why start such a crap topic again!

I bet you were one of the thousands of fans that got fed up with Millen and del cause we were not playing attractive football. We then get what every fans want a manager that trys to play football the right way and brings on the youngsters.

Sod has had to give the club a complete overhall and work with a tight budget.

So for people moaning, why not get behind the club and realise this is not a overnight fix! Things like this take time.

So stop moaning and get behind the manager and team!!!

"Forest fan here. Just keeping tabs on our old manager Sean. I did warn you guys that his reputation was built on two mid table Championship finishes with Donny Rovers. He did have a few players in their prime at the time Hayter, Sharpe, Coppinger and Neil Sullivan all excellent Championship players. The football last season at Forest was dire in the extreme under Sean's stewardship. After one home defeat when the team played like a bunch of headless Chickens, Sean, in one of his long drawn out after match interviews described the performance as Terrific! It wasn't, and he must have been the only person in the stadium that thought so. Sean was sacked after we thrashed Leeds 4-2 on Boxing Day. What people outside the club may not know is that in the changing room after the previous match at Watford, there was a major disagreement among the players and coaching staff. The players complaint was that they did not know what they were supposed to be doing. And that the tactics were too complicated to understand! Sean then incredibly ASK the players were they wanted to play in the next match (Leeds) and played them there! Good luck for the rest of the season, you need it.

if this is true then I don't know what to think anymore!

Not my remit. However, there will be plenty of out of work managers that could be tempted at this stage of the season. Steve Cotterill? Warnock?

We have to try before we will know. We can't go on losing week after week because change might not work.

Perhaps not, but we didn't, like we haven't since March.

The fact is if we can't win when we are playing well, which has happened on a number of occasions this season then we have absolutely no chance when we play badly, as proved last night.

If Steve Cotterill takes over anytime soon you can have my ST.

I see where you're coming from but we can't change manager again, in the hope that it might work

• Admin

I need to see progress being made. In the league at least, there has been signs that we are starting to play the type of football that could be a success in this league but now is the time to start getting results to back that up. We only picked up a a disappointing 6 points from the 1st 10 games and for me to continue to believe SOD is the one to stick with I will need to see us double that return over the next 10. 12 points points minimum over the next 10 games. There, I've put a number on it.

couldnt have been all that bad if they were in the play-offs when he was sacked

At the time it was a shock sacking. If I remember rightly the owners were getting impatient and cited 'lack of consistency' for the sacking, they wanted him to be winning just about every game rather than the win 2, lose one, draw one type pattern he was creating.

I was wondering to myself earlier after reading SoDs comments about the performance be unacceptable etc what the players thought, how they would react hearing this, do they agree or disagree, what do they think is wrong. I know we are never going to hear anything totally honest from them, but I hope in private they have had a cards on the table/clear the air exchange between them and the coaching staff.

It's a pretty pointless question. What if we say 1 game.. But We only win one more game all season.

What if we win say 10 games but we don't win any of them get draws and losses, then go into a 10 match winning streak...

What if... What about.. Etc etc etc

Ok

I take all the points that we can't keep on sacking managers ...so in the interests of those who believe that SoD will get it right and we will emerge the other end with what I think Steve Lansdowns is after :

a young , vibrant , attractive side that wins games and can be afforded within the clubs income ( eg SL doesnt have to shell out millions of £'s each season to cover the losses )

..then how far are we all willing to fall to get to this utopian vision ?

Are we happy to get relegated to League 2 and possibly stay there for a few years before we become this dream football club ?

I am not sure I am willing to - I think I'd rather get GJ back or Warnock in to shake us into some sort of competitive side that looks like it can compete at this level

All we can do is sit and wait - the results will dictate what happens as the results will dictate the 2 key drivers to manager stability :

- fan's unrest

- falling attendances ( and therefore the finances )

A combination of these 2 got Millen the sack ( ironically 6 pts from the first 10 games of his final season ! )

This also got McInnes sacked

....these 2 will also ultimately get SoD sacked

All we can do is watch and hope that it doesnt come to that

Until someone comes up with a credible alternative that is happy to work under the same budgetary constraints and within the new structure then this isn't even a debate worth having. Who would you replace him with? Warnock? He seems to have lost his Midas touch in recent years, plus he's not necessarily one to work with a small budget and (on a personal level) he's an odious *****. I genuinely can't think of any other manager, currently available, who would offer an obviously superior option to SOD. Sacking him for the sake of change would be a big mistake IMO

GJ and Warnock will not be the answer for this club. GJ because No No NO! Warnock could possibly work but only short term - and I don't think he would embrace the club's vision. The only way out of this predicament we are in is for us to start winning and continue winning.

I'm just getting a bit edgy that this may not happen...

The thing is even if we win one or two of our next 5 or 6 games this still is not progress or a sign of things to come that can only be judged if we have a proper run of wins push right up the table and stay there some people think that we win a game and things will be ok it wont. Its a right mess in bs3 at the moment its gonna take a lot to put the start of the season right.

Archived