IGNORED

Look Out Division 3, We're Going All Spanish On Your Ass.

glynriley

I wasn't going to post on here anymore, but couldn't resist replying to this news.

It's really got my juices flowing and it points in the direction, that we maybe trying to follow a Swansea type route...something i've adhered to for a long time.

I realise results aren't going our way at the moment, and can understand peoples frustrations.

However... the bigger picture is looking bright.

We as a Club are moving in all the right directions. Trying to play 'Football' as it should be played... now in a modern way.

Some fans ask why the transition period is taking longer than other Clubs... it's because we are trying to play football inteligently and build a platform for the future. I'm sure SoD cold impliment some tactics to win a few games straight away, but that would be like taking one step forward and two steps back.

Imho, we need to keep faith with this transition throughout the Club.

It's taking longer than people expect and like... but it really is a massive change in the way we are trying to play.

The biggest problem is getting our first team players to understand what they need to be doing it seems. SoD has alluded to this.

Hopefully it will become ingrained this season and we kick on next.

You can already see the improvement in our football and our possession rate.

I really enjoy and am impressed with our new style of play... apart from the results, it's been entertaining to watch this season.

Friends and collegues alike have all agreed, that it's been so much more entertaining than the last few seasons.

Imho... if we stick with SoD and his ethos and the Clubs new direction, we will be going to games and being entertained... hopefully with a few wins thrown in.

Do we really want to go backwards playing boring football languishing in the bottom half of the Championship just treading water?

This system we are implementing has all the hallmarks of a bright future... it took Swansea quiet a while to let the transition take place and they went into Div 2.

It's worth thinking about... the chances of a Club like ours becoming big enough to get to the Premier League and stay their are quiet remote.

It takes brave decisions and sometimes hardship to make that eventual progress.

So many other Clubs are trying to do the same thing, but by the old methods... a merry go round of managers and players of similar quality playing a similar way... they can't all be Champions. To be frank... it's dull to watch.

Our chances of surviving with the bigger boys in the Championship using 'traditional' methods is quiet remote... if some of them struggle, say for example 'Derby County'... then how are little us meant to do well and survive.

We are a backwater and a Club that isn't attractive to many professionals... We have to try something different to survive and progress long term.

If we could become an entertaining strong Championship team in the top half, then I think we would have done extremely well...anybody having expectations of more imho is deluded. There are too many stronger bigger teams to fight against.

Personally... I think it would be possible to go back to old methods... with an old type manager like Warnock and get promotion eventually.

But... how long would it last. I believe we would always struggle in the Championship and be as usual a yoyo type club between Championship and League 1... our history shows that.

We have to try something different... which is what we are doing. Something strong and solid that can survive the rigers of the Championship on a long term basis... to become established their.

That is what we are trying to achieve by new methods.

I hope fans can see this, and give it time and enjoy the transition... enjoy the football, enjoy seeing players develop, enjoy our new possession and style of football... yes there will be bad days like against Wycombe... but the seeds are their. Start watching your football through different eyes...enjoy the ride...and try and not let the result and our league position cloud your judgement.

Blooding youngsters and having gifted kids coming through is what we've wanted for years... now people complain... it's not so easy to get those results with this method...but still they complain. The Club can't win it seems.

And stop worrying about how SoD sounds in interviews or how he looks on the sidelines and the colour of our training kit... it's despairing to read... if you want crash bang wallop football with no grace then head to the downs... there's plenty of shouting their and arm waving... that's why it's still on the Downs.

People need to see Football has moved on drastically this season and we need change... not to go back to the old 'traditional' methods... because they won't work in the long run.

Cheers mate... decided to keep stealth like and not react to posts i don't agree with.

Will try quality over quantity... it's hard not to bite sometimes though :-)

I made myself the same promise about not reacting, but there's certain people who I just can't resist! It's far more interesting than actually talking about the football right now. What's happening behind the scenes is far more interesting

I'm with you on the Swansea approach, did you see the program on bbc a few weeks ago? Brilliant, just a set of fans, like me and you, actually say 'right, we're going to do this by ourselves, and this is how we're going to do it'. Fantastic, they deserve everything they get. To see them win 3-0 in Valencia was unbelievable. One day.........

I made myself the same promise about not reacting, but there's certain people who I just can't resist! It's far more interesting than actually talking about the football right now. What's happening behind the scenes is far more interesting

I'm with you on the Swansea approach, did you see the program on bbc a few weeks ago? Brilliant, just a set of fans, like me and you, actually say 'right, we're going to do this by ourselves, and this is how we're going to do it'. Fantastic, they deserve everything they get. To see them win 3-0 in Valencia was unbelievable. One day.........

Yes it was a great programme to watch and gives some hope.

This appointment and the BP article today will hopefully reinforce what is going on at the Club and make fans realise what is actually happening.

SoD is on a winner to nothing unfortunately.

A rallying call by the board and Lansdown backing their manager and the clubs ethos is truely needed... I really feel sorry for SoD... Tbh... I wouldn't be surprised if he actually walked before getting the push.

If i'm led to believe what i've heard... the relationship between SoD and the board and Lansdown is non existant.

Yes it was a great programme to watch and gives some hope.

This appointment and the BP article today will hopefully reinforce what is going on at the Club and make fans realise what is actually happening.

SoD is on a winner to nothing unfortunately.

A rallying call by the board and Lansdown backing their manager and the clubs ethos is truely needed... I really feel sorry for SoD... Tbh... I wouldn't be surprised if he actually walked before getting the push.

If i'm led to believe what i've heard... the relationship between SoD and the board and Lansdown is non existant.

Lansdown said himself that SOD is a difficult character to get on with.

If his relationship with the rest of the board is not good, what is his mate doing? I reckon if I'd been involved in the decision to appoint a DoF, I'd expect a bit of back up from him.

Lansdown said himself that SOD is a difficult character to get on with.

If his relationship with the rest of the board is not good, what is his mate doing? I reckon if I'd been involved in the decision to appoint a DoF, I'd expect a bit of back up from him.

And I think that has been the problem in the past mate... SL has wanted a 'Relationship' with the manager and has got too close and personal, and has interfered in the managers thoughts and what players are involved.

It's actually better that the board and SL have just said 'this is what we want to do... can you do it'? And let SoD get on with it without interfering.

From 'talk'... i'm under the impression that SoD realises that our owner and Board have **** all knowledge about 'Football' and that he's quiet happy to be left alone to his own devises with his staff and coaching team.

He doesn't need a 'Relationship' as such with the board or Owner. He just needs to know financial restrictions and have a go between who can negotiate deals between players, agents and the board.

It's best it's kept that way. SL has no knowledge of football and he has admitted he got too involved in the past.

If he was at Malaga I'm hoping/assuming he was involved with the development of Isco? What a player he is. I think he's in for a shock when he sees the lack of technical ability in our kids.

If you read the article...he says he's impressed with what he's seen so far.

If he was at Malaga I'm hoping/assuming he was involved with the development of Isco? What a player he is. I think he's in for a shock when he sees the lack of technical ability in our kids.

Isco was already a hell of a player before he joined Malaga. Valencia wanted to keep him, and were just starting to play him in their first team but because of their financial position they were forced to sell and obviously it was at the time Malaga were splashing the cash after their foreign investment.

I doubt he had a lot to do with his development, the Valencia youth set up has to be credited with that one, but you can credit him for the development of the Olinga kid. Starting games in La Liga for a solid mid-table side like Malaga at the age of 16 is a hell of a achievement.

Isco was already a hell of a player before he joined Malaga. Valencia wanted to keep him, and were just starting to play him in their first team but because of their financial position they were forced to sell and obviously it was at the time Malaga were splashing the cash after their foreign investment.

I doubt he had a lot to do with his development, the Valencia youth set up has to be credited with that one, but you can credit him for the development of the Olinga kid. Starting games in La Liga for a solid mid-table side like Malaga at the age of 16 is a hell of a achievement.

I didn't realise that he had joined in 2011, assumed he was part of the youth set up. What a loss to Valencia that was. Quite excited by this coach though, appears that the club are moving in the right direction.

Archived