IGNORED

Support Your Local Football Club

WTMS

Interesting feed back so far :read:

How about a song/chant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUgYpJyZIA4

Realising that people get vexed and can't think straight without a link.

BALLS PROTEST .. The Choon.

OUR NAME IS BRISTOL CITY

**** NOT CHELSEA

WE PLAY AT ASHTON GATE BS3

BE PROUD TO COME FROM THE WEST COUNTRY

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB

Support your Local Club

Support your Local Club

**** Off Man United

**** Off Chelsea

Support your Local Club

We really need to show off Bristol City, Stickers, Flags anything City related, Show it with pride, Would help extremely if city cut ticket prices for a couple of games, Quid a kid and cheaper adult tickets, Then half price the next if you got a ticket for the previous game (or have that the other way round, Half price then £5 adult and £1 for a kid U16, Would encourage more fans to come along)

And free entry if you hand over any Top 5 teams shirt at the turnstile

Increased exposure is a good idea and the City club's identity should be prominently displayed in its own city, but....

It's the shit experience you get down there that ultimately puts people off. Everything's a rip-off, badly organised and you seldom see a win.

Keep up the good work and I'm sorry for the negative moan.

A fantastic campaign by WTMS and Co. However, the problem seems to be in the fact that the ownership of the club do not reflect the loyalty and fanaticism of the grass roots supporters. It's a shit experience watching City only manage a draw or loss at home and this has been going on for years now.......not just this season. As per fka dagest, sorry for the negative moan.

I'm all for initiatives like this, but the problem is SOD couldn't create a buzz about this club if he did all his interviews from inside a beehive. He can't inspire his players, so how can we expect him to inspire the apathetic public.

He inspires me, when he describes his vision for the future, how he intends to build a club structure, rather than just a team. His emphasis on youth and making the academy a genuine source of first team provision.

Some people unfortunately can't see past a poor run of results, despite many of those being being unfortunate.

I'm all for initiatives like this, but the problem is SOD couldn't create a buzz about this club if he did all his interviews from inside a beehive. He can't inspire his players, so how can we expect him to inspire the apathetic public.

If you are all for initiatives shouldn't the attitude be not to introduce problems and doubt?

Im all for helping out, and as some of you may know i own the TShirt and custom Vinyl shop in Pill

Im happy to heat press 5 x TShirts with the "Support Your Local FOOTBALL CLUB" image for you guys to wear and promote your cause.

I have also just purchased a job lot of St.George flags 5" x 3" and am also happy to donate 5 of those to you guys also, just let me know what you wanted pressed on to them.

Keep up the good work, it dosn't go un noticed although it may go with out much acknowledgment

Im sure more people on here could help as well, after all its OUR club ( even is it dosn't always feel that way)

Cheers

Mark

I like reading what he says. There is a resonance to it. Some would prefer a wildly flailing chicken on the touch line. A wildly flailing chicken would not inspire me. Chicken or not do fans have to wait till they get a Manager they like before they can attempt to put that buzz about?

Interesting feed back so far :read:

How about a song/chant?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUgYpJyZIA4

Realising that people get vexed and can't think straight without a link.

BALLS PROTEST .. The Choon.

OUR NAME IS BRISTOL CITY

**** NOT CHELSEA

WE PLAY AT ASHTON GATE BS3

BE PROUD TO COME FROM THE WEST COUNTRY

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB

I love the tennis ball protest, especially the way they held up the game by doing it in waves (I can imagine many clubs shooting their load to early am only holding up the match once)

I have seen the Atyeo flags which look good, but sadly do get lost.. The two flags in a stand do not really stand out.. I am not sure what the clubs policy is on these, but 15-20 such flags in a section would look dammed good.

I do wonder how we can get more support at times, and maybe it is by making it a more emotional experience by the atmosphere and not just on the pitch.. But how do you encourage it more ? Just look at the east end, H block, etc it's a very small number.

If I (and my friends) are anything to go by we go through

Teen - every home game, wear and buy shirts - scarf's and sing our hearts out

Late teens - we start to past driving test and GOTO every home game and a few away.. Wear city shirts and sing our hearts out

Early 20s almost every game home and away for several seasons

Hitting 30s wives and kids start to become a issue.. Sometimes they come with us, sometimes we can't make all thr matches... We go to no away matches and even miss some home ones. ... Rarely sing, don't buy kits anymore as have dozens of identi-kits in the wardrobe already.

Wife, kid, family obviously are going to happen regardless, but how do you keep people paying and supporting.. Is it by pushing a family experience. Getting more fan involvement even when there is no game.. Other things.. ?

I am guessing there are hundreds of ideas out there.. Any financially viable oneS ?

People want to feel part of something. When eastenders sit in the wedlocks there's a sense of togetherness. For the few up in h block we have the same thing. We all drink together and sit together. Many want to be part of this but don't know where to start. How about engagement with the pubs ? I recognise a few city pubs already exist like the 3 lions and miners but not everyone is happy to drink in them. How about a pub like the robins becoming and creating a real atmosphere for all types of fans to meet and drink. I'm just thinking aloud. I remember a pub called the Manchester I think in Blackpool, it was electric and city rocked.

Surely this would carry into the ground and improve atmos. Let's face it, none of us follow city because we are world beaters but because we love the club and it is part of us. A pub which played wurzels pre match, had deals for city fans and pub quiz for reds on a Wednesday ? Occasional fund raising night (dogs) etc and the money goes to the stickers / flags etc ? I think a real city pub for all would really benefit. Whatever happened to having a sing song pre match? For me it's about the whole matchday not just the match.

Get every pub in bem to put up a city flag like in vale last week ? Create a feeling that if your in south Bris on matchday then your with friends.

Where do eastenders drink pre match ? The eastenders seem to be the ones driving this campaign and i think it's needed.How about those driving the idea visit the different watering holes pre match and make everyone aware of what they are trying to do?

Have a sing song etc

I love the tennis ball protest, especially the way they held up the game by doing it in waves (I can imagine many clubs shooting their load to early am only holding up the match once)

I have seen the Atyeo flags which look good, but sadly do get lost.. The two flags in a stand do not really stand out.. I am not sure what the clubs policy is on these, but 15-20 such flags in a section would look dammed good.

I do wonder how we can get more support at times, and maybe it is by making it a more emotional experience by the atmosphere and not just on the pitch.. But how do you encourage it more ? Just look at the east end, H block, etc it's a very small number.

If I (and my friends) are anything to go by we go through

Teen - every home game, wear and buy shirts - scarf's and sing our hearts out

Late teens - we start to past driving test and GOTO every home game and a few away.. Wear city shirts and sing our hearts out

Early 20s almost every game home and away for several seasons

Hitting 30s wives and kids start to become a issue.. Sometimes they come with us, sometimes we can't make all thr matches... We go to no away matches and even miss some home ones. ... Rarely sing, don't buy kits anymore as have dozens of identi-kits in the wardrobe already.

Wife, kid, family obviously are going to happen regardless, but how do you keep people paying and supporting.. Is it by pushing a family experience. Getting more fan involvement even when there is no game.. Other things.. ?

I am guessing there are hundreds of ideas out there.. Any financially viable oneS ?

Most of my peers from my youth no longer go to football. Due to "the tapestries of life .." yada no we can't keep people going for ever.

My and my friends children know they are part of something. They are too young to articulate what it is, but that something is not being surrounded by negativity. These kids love little things like seemingly irrelevant badges and stickers for instance. They like seeing signs of their club around the City, they are part of that.

So can fans make the club a little more attractive? The answer is a yes.

Most of my peers from my youth no longer go to football. Due to "the tapestries of life .." yada no we can't keep people going for ever.

My and my friends children know they are part of something. They are too young to articulate what it is, but that something is not being surrounded by negativity. These kids love little things like seemingly irrelevant badges and stickers for instance. They like seeing signs of their club around the City, they are part of that.

So can fans make the club a little more attractive? The answer is a yes.

My last gf went to a few matches but she went because because we met friends and their partners drinking, going for a meal, chatting and having fun.... We met because it was traditional match day routine... The match ruined this for her and she started just going home or out with some of the other girls.. After a few years with people losing interest in city, or losing touch with friends you realise that your in an ever decreasing pool...

Retaining people would be the biggest boost to the fan base, other than success though, it's a hard task.

He inspires me, when he describes his vision for the future, how he intends to build a club structure, rather than just a team. His emphasis on youth and making the academy a genuine source of first team provision.

Some people unfortunately can't see past a poor run of results, despite many of those being being unfortunate.

I like the vision too, BBS. I just wish there was a bit of 'oomph', a bit of 'fight against adversity' in his interviews.

You and I might be loyal, but I do think his every pronouncement knocks about 200 off the attendance figures.

Perhaps, the best thing is to recognise what SOD can do, and what he can't. He can't sound upbeat if he tries. Which he doesn't IMO. I guess it's like accepting that JET can't jump, but he brings other talents to the table.

People want to feel part of something. When eastenders sit in the wedlocks there's a sense of togetherness. For the few up in h block we have the same thing. We all drink together and sit together. Many want to be part of this but don't know where to start. How about engagement with the pubs ? I recognise a few city pubs already exist like the 3 lions and miners but not everyone is happy to drink in them. How about a pub like the robins becoming and creating a real atmosphere for all types of fans to meet and drink. I'm just thinking aloud. I remember a pub called the Manchester I think in Blackpool, it was electric and city rocked.

Surely this would carry into the ground and improve atmos. Let's face it, none of us follow city because we are world beaters but because we love the club and it is part of us. A pub which played wurzels pre match, had deals for city fans and pub quiz for reds on a Wednesday ? Occasional fund raising night (dogs) etc and the money goes to the stickers / flags etc ? I think a real city pub for all would really benefit. Whatever happened to having a sing song pre match? For me it's about the whole matchday not just the match.

Get every pub in bem to put up a city flag like in vale last week ? Create a feeling that if your in south Bris on matchday then your with friends.

Where do eastenders drink pre match ? The eastenders seem to be the ones driving this campaign and i think it's needed.How about those driving the idea visit the different watering holes pre match and make everyone aware of what they are trying to do?

Have a sing song etc

Exactly This !

To be fair, I don't have a problem with the football we're playing, but there are other threads for discussing that.

It's the matchday experience that is, indeed, shit. Nothing seems to be done to welcome fans and everything seems to be done to make us feel unwelcome and exploited. The attitude seems to be "we've had your money, so sit down, shut up and go home quietly afterwards".

No attempt is made to make us feel part of the club, and those who make up our first line of contact, gatemen, stewards and food vendors, are at best indifferent and at worst rude and aggressive.

It doesn't have to be that way, but it will continue to as long as the suits who run the club live in their ivory tower and are out of contact to the vast majority of fans.

I think it's a problem at most football clubs in this country though.

Unfortunately we are reaping what we sowed during the 70's and 80's.

Fans in this country tend to be aggressive, where as abroad I've attended some fantastic games where it's been a party atmosphere, with flags, scarves and chanting in unison... granted there are still Countries that have a 'Hooligan' element... but it's far less aggressive in many, than here.

In saying that the authorities have got what they want... a dumbed down crowd... yet the players and Clubs ask for vociferous voices... it's a catch 22 it seems.

Im all for helping out, and as some of you may know i own the TShirt and custom Vinyl shop in Pill

Im happy to heat press 5 x TShirts with the "Support Your Local FOOTBALL CLUB" image  for you guys to wear and promote your cause.

I have also just purchased a job lot of St.George flags 5" x 3" and am also happy to donate 5 of those to you guys also, just let me know what you wanted pressed on to them.

Keep up the good work, it dosn't go un noticed although it may go with out much acknowledgment 

Im sure more people on here could help as well, after all its OUR club ( even is it dosn't always feel that way)

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for the offer, we will have a think to see how we could do something interesting with them. 

We have sent two e mails to the Bountyhunter fanzine regarding - the support your local football club theme

If they did some sort of article it could be accompanied by several hundred free stickers, and a t shirt, or t shirts to use as they see fit. 

It seems their receptionist has been very busy - Bounty if your reading reply to lions fanzine ;)

Any chance of getting some stickers on eBay? Would happily pay for some.

We are looking at ways to get stickers out to folk who are interested

This may sound very condescending to some fans, but how about a hand out "let's make Ashton gate buzz"

Just a couple of lines explaining the aim is to improve the atmosphere and get everyone involved..

Give the lyrics to just one simple but catchy chant and sing mostly that during the game...

Then we will see if it is possible to get people singing (or if it's going to be a list cause)... As people will know the song, know the words, and see hopefully more singing so feel less conscientious, it might, just might be possible to get a large % chanting.. If it does happen, the the improved atmosphere may encourage them to keep it up, maybe more handouts introducing a few more simple chants and hand hold people step by step to a rocking buzzing ground.

Would need some coordination from the game who do chant around the ground.. But worth it ?

This may sound very condescending to some fans, but how about a hand out "let's make Ashton gate buzz"

Just a couple of lines explaining the aim is to improve the atmosphere and get everyone involved..

Give the lyrics to just one simple but catchy chant and sing mostly that during the game...

Then we will see if it is possible to get people singing (or if it's going to be a list cause)... As people will know the song, know the words, and see hopefully more singing so feel less conscientious, it might, just might be possible to get a large % chanting.. If it does happen, the the improved atmosphere may encourage them to keep it up, maybe more handouts introducing a few more simple chants and hand hold people step by step to a rocking buzzing ground.

Would need some coordination from the game who do chant around the ground.. But worth it ?

I will give it a crack at a sensible answer. that might have wanted its own thread but has something so co-ordinated really worked? not only at city anywhere? red and white nights died? likes of celtic do similar with this is a paradise night but they are now using big sponsors cash to do it.

the balls protest tune and idea isn't that bad???

Archived