IGNORED

Untitled

cityloyal473

It's bloody headline making by the BP... it's been taken out of all context and is ironic when you read the whole article on the BCFC website... He speaks of exactly this 'headline making' from soundbites of articles... this makes me angry.

Not really, he's been consistent in saying this. He said it in the Bountyhunter interview which you copy and pasted on here.

He knows if results don't improve his position will come under review. It's only a few posters on here who think he can go on forever without winning football matches.

Sadly, I think that if we hit bottom spot then I fear that momentum will be too great for him to maintain his job. 

I've never known a time when the majority of the fans have stuck with the manager considering results.

If the big shyte blowing fan turns the way of the board they will deflect it by sacking the manager.  

Not really, he's been consistent in saying this. He said it in the Bountyhunter interview which you copy and pasted on here.

He knows if results don't improve his position will come under review. It's only a few posters on here who think he can go on forever without winning football matches.

Exactly... he's already said it...so why do the BP have to make a headline out of it and quote bits to fit the headline... Like SoD said in the article... the media can make or break a manager or player or make them popular or not... he's mentioned a vociferous minority... now the BP are putting extra pressure on by making it a headline article... it's not in keeping with how the majority of fans feel.

Exactly... he's already said it...so why do the BP have to make a headline out of it and quote bits to fit the headline... Like SoD said in the article... the media can make or break a manager or player or make them popular or not... he's mentioned a vociferous minority... now the BP are putting extra pressure on by making it a headline article... it's not in keeping with how the majority of fans feel.

I must admit it does seem odd that his new best mate has done this article after the one last week, which looked to point the finger for all the clubs ills directly at the board.

I guess being second from bottom has changed his attitude a bit.

I must admit it does seem odd that his new best mate has done this article after the one last week, which looked to point the finger for all the clubs ills directly at the board.

Perhaps he's trying to balance the brown heading he gave him last week then... however I still feel it's out of context with how the majority of fans feel. Regardless of who's in charge we'd still have the same players and blueprint and restrictions in place... if we end up letting SoD go through media and minority pressure... I can see us doing a Sheffield Utd. :facepalm:

Not really the article AS has taken all SOD's quotes from was on the OS on Friday afternoon. All AS has done is put a different spin on something SOD has already put into the public domain?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20131011-sodonfp-1110059.aspx

Of course he's thinking he might not be given time. He hasn't won for ages any manager would be thinking the same.

The board may be wishing to stick by him and his project for the foreseeable but we all know once that "vocal minority" becomes the aggressive majority they will pull the trigger.

You could tell JL didn't want to fire DMC he looked like it hurt him emotionally, and it must have been hard, Del was a top bloke. but once the fans turn it's only a matter of time.

Sod needs to keep the supportive majority on side as long as he can and he should be fine. He just needs to curb those off the cuff remarks about the fans ....

If I was just looking at the table, I might be in the SOD out camp. The fact is that the performances show huge promise, whereas under DMC they were dreadful.

Try that trick of adding a goal to our scores under DMC. It makes precious little difference, because we were being regularly hammered.

If I was just looking at the table, I might be in the SOD out camp. The fact is that the performances show huge promise, whereas under DMC they were dreadful.

Try that trick of adding a goal to our scores under DMC. It makes precious little difference, because we were being regularly hammered.

I agree, but we were playing against teams of a far greater quality last year. And even Del managed to win a few.

Not really the article AS has taken all SOD's quotes from was on the OS on Friday afternoon. All AS has done is put a different spin on something SOD has already put into the public domain?

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20131011-sodonfp-1110059.aspx

It's 'sensationalism' of a negative nature though... Why not have a headline like... 'BCFC Fans rally behind their manager'... then right an article about how important it is to support and not sack every two minutes...? Just saying like...

I agree, but we were playing against teams of a far greater quality last year. And even Del managed to win a few.

And i'm sure SoD could employ some tactics to win a few... but as I've stated in other posts... it would be like taking one step forward and two back... The players need to instill in themselves these new tactics and beliefs... it will come good i'm sure. If it comes down to it at the end to avoid relegation..... then i'm sure SoD will employ survival tactics... right now he's trying to do the right thing and develop a culture that will stick for the long term...not constant short term fixes that we've had over the last few seasons.

It's 'sensationalism' of a negative nature though... Why not have a headline like... 'BCFC Fans rally behind their manager'... then right an article about how important it is to support and not sack every two minutes...? Just saying like...

Because it's a newspaper not the OS? A paper can be supportive but it's got to be independent. AS probably didn't write the headline anyway, that will be someone else's job. Can you imagine the reaction if the Post ran a headline of 'BCFC Fans rally behind their manager', they'd get tonnes of abuse from some posters on here saying 'We ain't!' 

And i'm sure SoD could employ some tactics to win a few... but as I've stated in other posts... it would be like taking one step forward and two back... The players need to instill in themselves these new tactics and beliefs... it will come good i'm sure. If it comes down to it at the end to avoid relegation..... then i'm sure SoD will employ survival tactics... right now he's trying to do the right thing and develop a culture that will stick for the long term...not constant short term fixes that we've had over the last few seasons.

Like last season you mean!!!

OK, fair enough, I get that we need to develop our way of playing, I just think that if we carry on not winning, the confidence drains out of the team, and before we know it, we're further behind the 8 ball and playing catch up.

I think you give SOD far to much credit to suggest that if we find ourselves in trouble, he can just change his tactics at the drop of a hat and lead us to safety. Far better to win a few now and not be looking over our shoulders all season.

OK, fair enough, I get that we need to develop our way of playing, I just think that if we carry on not winning, the confidence drains out of the team, and before we know it, we're further behind the 8 ball and playing catch up.

I think you give SOD far to much credit to suggest that if we find ourselves in trouble, he can just change his tactics at the drop of a hat and lead us to safety. Far better to win a few now and not be looking over our shoulders all season.

This. I know it has been said a lot but I firmly believe once we start winning we will go on a run, its crazy to think that with our poor start if we win our next two we could be under 10 points away from the play offs, with a game in hand! The next few games will be pivotal in our season and odriscoll's future as city manger imo.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that the board of this club are wasting their time as far as putting in place a long term plan is concerned. 

We are where we are because we have lurched from one knee jerk reaction to the next over the last 4 years and have any of the managerial changes during that time put us in a better position than we were before?

I am convinced that the worst thing that happened to us is the first season back in the championship. I suspect most sensible fans thought that avoiding relegation would make it a successful season. Getting to within 90 minutes of the prem changed all that. Too many fans expectations were raised unrealistically and in a similar way SL then saw the prem on his horizon. Unfortunately, GJ spent money chasing the "dream" and whether we like it or not, many fans were encouraging SL to "put his hand in his pocket" to invest in the team during that time and subsequently. We know the outcome and the financial millstone that has been round the club's neck ever since - added to under successive managers since. We've  also had the new stadium palaver as an added distraction while things went from bad to worse.

SOD is in a results business, so I understand that a point may soon be reached where his position becomes untenable. Not necessarily because the long term plan is dead in the water, but because the groundswell of dissatisfied fans will become a tidal wave, as it did for GJ and Milen and McInnes. The board are not flavour of the month with many fans, and will not want to risk risk alienating them further by holding on to an unwanted manager/coach.

If that does happen, then I really worry for our future. What sort of manager will be prepared to take on this club at this point in time? They will be facing a relegation scrap, with players unused to such a situation and knowing the financial restrictions that will limit their ability to change the squad very much. Will they be prepared to take on a relegation fight while also adhering tot the football philosophy and long term plan, because if that is abandoned for pragmatic reasons then we are back to my very first sentence?

Is relegation to league 2 a price worth paying if this club is going to change in the way that most accept it has to for the long term?

It's a Marathon not a sprint though... It's still only mid October... a late surge and we'll be fine, with confidence to kick on next season. If we win our next three, it will be short term happiness if based on a short term fix... we need to develop and make it a strong platform... so that the players know what to do without thinking about it.

If we get another manager... then I fear this club is doomed in the long term... we've tried short term fixes... look how many clubs keep trying to get that win and still go backwards year after year....Sheffield Utd for example amongst others...

It's a Marathon not a sprint though... It's still only mid October... a late surge and we'll be fine, with confidence to kick on next season. If we win our next three, it will be short term happiness if based on a short term fix... we need to develop and make it a strong platform... so that the players know what to do without thinking about it.

If we get another manager... then I fear this club is doomed in the long term... we've tried short term fixes... look how many clubs keep trying to get that win and still go backwards year after year....Sheffield Utd for example amongst others...

True enough, I just wish we hadn't given the rest of the field a 2 mile head start.

That's if you have expectations to finish in top 6... mid table?...then not so... that's what I thought was realistic at start of season.

I've never expected a top 6 finish.

We're 8 points off 12th , we haven't even got that many points yet!!

I've never expected a top 6 finish.

We're 8 points off 12th , we haven't even got that many points yet!!

True... but I will only judge at the end of the season... If we go backwards in our development, then yes... it's not good enough... but we can all see the improvements... I've never been so positive in a manager or our new way of playing since I've been a fan of City... 40 odd years... I don't say that lightly... I really do rate what we are doing...

sheffield utd pushed for automatic promotion for the last two years when they were relegated and have inevatably had to sell on there best players after there failiure with the hilariously nearly man that is Danny Wilson,  the poor man just cant seem to get a team out of league 1,

we on the other hand have come straight down and dont look even close to competing at this level or even wanting to it seems

Archived