IGNORED

Exclusive Sod Podcast!

The Exiled Robin

As much as you lot would be amazed to hear i hope Odriscol turns it around and gets us promoted so maybe i can replace my picture in the corner with him 

difference between me and you bitter fools is if the man in my picture came back you would pray for him to fail.

and you no it

• Admin

Interesting reading, that SO'D points at us as the reason that Fontaine and Kilkenny have not been picked.

Just imagine if every player that was ever on the end of negative feedback couldn't play for their side anymore!

There would be a revolving door in and out of every club in the land

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-head-coach-Sean-O-Driscoll-opens/story-19934898-detail/story.html

Interesting reading, that SO'D points at us as the reason that Fontaine and Kilkenny have not been picked.

Just imagine if every player that was ever on the end of negative feedback couldn't play for their side anymore!

There would be a revolving door in and out of every club in the land

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-head-coach-Sean-O-Driscoll-opens/story-19934898-detail/story.html

Again...soundbites have been taken from a long interview that make it sound like it was only the fans to blame for them not playing... it's been taken out of context again by the post... No wonder SoD doesn't like the press.

Funny how he also say's he's never seen it before at any Club... if so... says a lot about the media and fans following City.

I know Fontaine and Kilkenny were low on confidence... the only way they'll get better is with encouragement... 'like come on lad you can do it'''...rather than '**** off yer ******* rubbish'''... that's what I witnessed at the Gate...

What he actually says on the podcast makes it sounds like they were worried about the negativity around Fonts affecting the other players, hence "situation". 

SOD said he was worried about bringing Fontaine on because of the crowd reaction, and then there was booing so I don't see much wrong with what he's said there. What he was worried about happening happened! Everyone who was at the Palace game knows the atmosphere changed when Fontaine came on, it was like we were all waiting for him to make a mistake and were nervous as hell so that must transmit to the players too.

As for Kilkenny his substitution against Wolves was cheered loudly. That's pretty much the most damning thing that could happen to a player you'd think.  

We can't get defensive about SOD "having a go at the fans" again when in both cases he was right. You might not like it, and it might be that famous minority again, but those things did happen.

Fontaine was never going to rediscover his confidence here if every time he played the atmosphere was like it was after he came on against Palace. Flint got some grief after Port Vale but OTIB would've gone into meltdown if Fontaine had done that. SOD's right, fans are prepared to be more patient with young players. 

I totally agree with you Spudski, but, and it's a very big but, he hasn't got the points on the board that would give the more trigger happy / pint half empty type fans the confidence to back the current strategy.

I'm not one of those fans calling for his head as I believe it will come good but I can understand those being more impatient with current situation. This is what SOD has come out and pretty much acknowledged.

I can see your point...but i'll never understand the fans who aren't backing SoD...

The 'Current Strategy' is set down by the board... regardless of manager.

If another manager came in they would still have the same players, blueprint and financial restrictions...

Fans who don't like the situation should be directing their anger at the board not SoD imho...

We are playing good football... only the foolish imho can't see that. The wins will come... it's only mid October... we'll be fine.

I can see your point...but i'll never understand the fans who aren't backing SoD...

The 'Current Strategy' is set down by the board... regardless of manager.

If another manager came in they would still have the same players, blueprint and financial restrictions...

Fans who don't like the situation should be directing their anger at the board not SoD imho...

We are playing good football... only the foolish imho can't see that. The wins will come... it's only mid October... we'll be fine.

The head coach / manager is (or should be) accountable for results and what happens on the field though.

While the style is getting there , points are what he'll ultimately be judged on. (Rightly or wrongly)

The head coach / manager is (or should be) accountable for results and what happens on the field though.

While the style is getting there , points are what he'll ultimately be judged on. (Rightly or wrongly)

I totally agree... However if City had brought in a manager and said 'bring in older Pros at this level with the aim of just getting results this year'...then i'd understand the resentment...

But the whole package of the Club from youth level to Ist team... Scouting... tactics... etc,etc.etc is being changed with youngsters being the main prerogative... blooding them and giving them a chance. The chances of doing well in the first season are remote doing it this way... however... our football is better and the seeds of growth and a platform to spring from are being developed... I really can't see any other manager having any better results so far with what we've put in place as a blueprint.

I totally agree... However if City had brought in a manager and said 'bring in older Pros at this level with the aim of just getting results this year'...then i'd understand the resentment...

But the whole package of the Club from youth level to Ist team... Scouting... tactics... etc,etc.etc is being changed with youngsters being the main prerogative... blooding them and giving them a chance. The chances of doing well in the first season are remote doing it this way... however... our football is better and the seeds of growth and a platform to spring from are being developed... I really can't see any other manager having any better results so far with what we've put in place as a blueprint.

I agree in the main, but as you say, the board have decided the new strategy so it's hard to imagine that they'd bring in a manager and ask him to bring in old pros.

I can't agree with your last sentence either, but we'll never know. I do hope though, that no manager betters his results from the next 10!

I agree in the main, but as you say, the board have decided the new strategy so it's hard to imagine that they'd bring in a manager and ask him to bring in old pros.

I can't agree with your last sentence either, but we'll never know. I do hope though, that no manager betters his results from the next 10!

I'd just like to know who would be better at the job that has a good backroom staff, knowledge of the lower divisions and Championship, likes to play football and knows how to blood youngsters and is available now?

I enjoyed listening to this while doing some boring accounts.

It gives me reassurance that SOD IS the right man for the job.

He has intelligence and a patient, dare I say 'holistic' approach to management which is the only way to achieve long term stability and increase the chances of success.

If I read one more post screaming for a new manager to come in to  'kick some arse', 'galvanise' (whatever the hell that means) or 'show passion' then I am going to sigh long and deeply.

Understanding his mandate is the key - and I do feel some of our more mentally challenged fans (bless them all) are falling short on this point.

When I served in the British Army it was explained to me that there will always be someone willing to jump on a live grenade to show commitment (highly courageous and selfless) but these chaps were seldom influential on the overall outcome of the campaign.

I really don't want SOD to be sacked and replaced by a grenade jockey please.

I can't believe people still moan about how SoD talks... I can hear clearly what he says...

People just have to find something to moan about it seems.

Imho...I get the impression some people don't like listening to him because he talks sense and with knowledge...

It's the same as Reading something like the Times for example... where you get the bigger picture and most of the story.... where as some prefer short soundbites and crass language like you would get in the Sun...

The guy gives his time like no other manager we've had... try's to involve the fans and bring them closer to the Club...yet still they moan.

It's almost like complaining about Steven Hawkins voice... doesn't make sense to me...

Do you mean Steven Hawking  the brilliant physicists?

I'd just like to know who would be better at the job that has a good backroom staff, knowledge of the lower divisions and Championship, likes to play football and knows how to blood youngsters and is available now?

Ah that's different to "I really can't see any other manager having any better results so far with what we've put in place as a blueprint."

As for the question of who's available now, I couldn't tell you as I haven't really looked. I hope we don't have to start.

Ah that's different to "I really can't see any other manager having any better results so far with what we've put in place as a blueprint."

As for the question of who's available now, I couldn't tell you as I haven't really looked. I hope we don't have to start.

So do I mate... I've never been more comfortable with a manager in place.

Tbh... we've thrown money at players in the past, but never bought in any manager of quality in my opinion....it's been our biggest downfall going right back to Dicks days.,,and he even had to prove himself and started off sticky.

Archived