IGNORED

Exclusive Sod Podcast!

The Exiled Robin

I want my team to win!! but to expect us to do it in style, with the midfielders we have and the money we spend is unrealistic.

of course if we dont plan to win promotion then we might aswell play nice 2 touch football and sit in the bottom four, were just a stepping stone for Emanuel-Thomas this season, i fear where were going to be when he leaves and were too money shy to replace him

Who signed JET ? Who ( which person) is the main reason why JET came here, have a think

about it!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, it was a fantastic experience and in some ways just like being down the pub with your (very knowledgeable and articulate) mate! Some of the stuff he said we've had to edit a little (some choice language) and one or two answers which we couldn't put in as he was having a laugh with us and asked for it to be off the record (nothing serious btw!).  But he told us a joke (in part 3), sung us a song (which we've VERY unfortunately had to leave out!) and smiled lots - not the look you often associate with him.

Hope you enjoy the second two parts, probably Weds & Thurs night to avoid clashing with England on TV tomorrow

Who signed JET ? Who ( which person) is the main reason why JET came here, have a think

about it!

You're wasting your breath PB. SOD's critics seem oblivious to the changes he's made. They only pick up on the results, which aren't good. Said pre-season that patience was key, but there's always a few that fail to see the bigger picture. We're headed in the right direction, as performances have proved. Results will hopefully pick up soon. If not, then SOD will eventually go.

Thank you for making this happen, Robin. Fascinating insight, and it was nice to hear Sean enjoying his involvement in the interview, his knowledge and passion for the job is evident throughout.Personally,  I've wanted Sean at City since the day Gary left. The beginning of his reign hasn't been ideal for anyone, but that was due to the state the club has got itself into over the last few years. I remain confident that, with a little patience, we will go places under his coaching/management.

Id rather watch the antique road show then watch that boring bastard harp on

wonder who he wants to compare us to next Swindon???

Nice supporter you are there. No wonder we're in the situation we are if this is the kind of "fan" we have.

Fascinating stuff.  Thanks and very well done.

This also proves that O'Driscoll normally comes across badly because he's usually asked inane questions by the media, including the guy at BCFC (the one who isn't Adam Baker).

Adam Baker seems to calm SOD a bit for some reason, whilst the other guy asks some of the most stupid questions ever, but it's probably not his fault

I did try to find this last night on itunes but the link didnt have recent episode, anyway before i try again tonight could someone emphasis the points made on Fontaine/Kilkenny as I cant wait to hear his thoughts on Kilkenny considering we all thought he might be someone SOD liked with his 'supposed' style of play.

I did try to find this last night on itunes but the link didnt have recent episode, anyway before i try again tonight could someone emphasis the points made on Fontaine/Kilkenny as I cant wait to hear his thoughts on Kilkenny considering we all thought he might be someone SOD liked with his 'supposed' style of play.

Talked about the "situation" regarding Kilkenny and Fontaine. Said both players are aware of and are affected by the criticism by fans. Spoke of the situations (not the players) being untenable. Fontaine had to be asked if he was ok to go on in a game, as they were aware that the crowd would be on his back immediately.

Adam Baker seems to calm SOD a bit for some reason, whilst the other guy asks some of the most stupid questions ever, but it's probably not his fault

The other guy, unlike Adam, doesn't support City either.  Whilst journalists in general  have to have a dispassionate side it somehow doesn't help (for me at least) that a club's internal media interviewer supports another team.   I think he supports Plymouth.

Talked about the "situation" regarding Kilkenny and Fontaine. Said both players are aware of and are affected by the criticism by fans. Spoke of the situations (not the players) being untenable. Fontaine had to be asked if he was ok to go on in a game, as they were aware that the crowd would be on his back immediately.

Cheers for that! I cant see how any players wouldnt notice or be affected by critism of fans if they become a 'scapegoat' as such, its not like you wouldnt hear 10,000 moans/boo's on a pitch by people! They are well aware the crowd pay good money to watch these professionals perform and as such demand a good performance, and not just because we want City win - afterall it is a business as such

I can't believe people still moan about how SoD talks... I can hear clearly what he says...

People just have to find something to moan about it seems.

Imho...I get the impression some people don't like listening to him because he talks sense and with knowledge...

It's the same as Reading something like the Times for example... where you get the bigger picture and most of the story.... where as some prefer short soundbites and crass language like you would get in the Sun...

The guy gives his time like no other manager we've had... try's to involve the fans and bring them closer to the Club...yet still they moan.

It's almost like complaining about Steven Hawkins voice... doesn't make sense to me...

I can't believe people still moan about how SoD talks... I can hear clearly what he says...

People just have to find something to moan about it seems.

Imho...I get the impression some people don't like listening to him because he talks sense and with knowledge...

It's the same as Reading something like the Times for example... where you get the bigger picture and most of the story.... where as some prefer short soundbites and crass language like you would get in the Sun...

The guy gives his time like no other manager we've had... try's to involve the fans and bring them closer to the Club...yet still they moan.

It's almost like complaining about Steven Hawkins voice... doesn't make sense to me...

I totally agree with you Spudski, but, and it's a very big but, he hasn't got the points on the board that would give the more trigger happy / pint half empty type fans the confidence to back the current strategy.

I'm not one of those fans calling for his head as I believe it will come good but I can understand those being more impatient with current situation. This is what SOD has come out and pretty much acknowledged.

You know, that's the first time I've ever been called a pilchard. Skate, occasionally, herring, often, but never pilchard. Just goes to show...

I've always thought you were a spratt who posted pollocks. :)

Mind you, in view of your little friend Horace, perhaps you are a stickleback ( is that an aquatic hedgehog)?

I've always thought you were a spratt who posted pollocks. :)

Mind you, in view of your little friend Horace, perhaps you are a stickleback ( is that an aquatic hedgehog)?

More likely to be a sea urchin (the old word for hedgehog was urchin).

Ridiculous comment,  as everybody knows that a player's ability not to be affected by fans criticism is directly proportional to how much they are paid, so these guys should be completely immune.

Also once again, by implication,  SOD is criticising City fans, which must be a hanging and flogging offence by now.

Archived