IGNORED

If Baldock Doesn't Play On Saturday...

spudski

.... because apparently he has a groin strain and hasn't trained all week.... then who do you think will play up front?

It's a bit of an odd one as we haven't got another 'Baldock' type striker to replace him with.

I can see the team being changed quiet a bit, to adapt to a style of play we are not accustomed to... maybe to accommodate Harewood or Taylor?

Who knows...? Another problem for SoD to over come.

I'd play...

--------------------------------Parish----------------------------

-----------Flint------------- Williams---------- Dunk----------

----------------------------------Pack------------------------------

Wagstaff------------------------------------------------ Shorey

----------------------------------Reid-------------------------------

-----------------Jet---------------------------- Bryan--------------

-------------------------------- Taylor-------------------------------

Any thoughts or alternatives...?

.... because apparently he has a groin strain and hasn't trained all week.... then who do you think will play up front?

It's a bit of an odd one as we haven't got another 'Baldock' type striker to replace him with.

I can see the team being changed quiet a bit, to adapt to a style of play we are not accustomed to... maybe to accommodate Harewood or Taylor?

I'd play...

Jet up top on his own with harwood behind him, worked quite well against the gas

I'd play...

Do you think there would be any chance of Wes Burns making the Bench and from there actually getting 15 minutes ?

in the right circumstances of course.

i think Harewood would be a great combination for him by the way in those circumstances (last 15/20 minutes)

Do you think there would be any chance of Wes Burns making the Bench and from there actually getting 15 minutes ?

i think Harewood would be a great combination for him by the way in those circumstances (last 15/20 minutes)

Only SoD would really know... but it maybe worth a try.

I'm sure Burns will get some time sooner or later

You'd like to think so, but going by what's happened this season, it does seem unlikely which is odd when you consider SOD gave him some game time last season when we still had a chance of staying up. Tell him to keep his chin up though, I'm sure his time will come.

As for Saturday if Baldrick can't start, I'd go

Parish

Maloney, Flint, Williams, Shorey

Wynter , Pack

Wagstaff  JET  McClaughlin 

Harewood

No offence to Wes but considering the Fontaine/Kilkenny incidents is now a good time to bring in too many youngsters?I appreciate Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid have done well but wouldprefer to see young players coming into a confident team.

No offence to Wes but considering the Fontaine/Kilkenny incidents is now a good time to bring in too many youngsters?I appreciate Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid have done well but wouldprefer to see young players coming into a confident team.

Point taken... however SoD has never mentioned the players have lost confidence through results or tactics or non belief in the system.

Only through pressure from the fans...

Perhaps fans need to realise this, and start supporting our young players just like we did in the early 80's in Div 4.

Instead they shout they shouldn't be pro footballers if they can't take criticism...

Ask any pro footballer or read any pro footballers biography and they all say they are effected by fans.

It's false to think otherwise...

You'd like to think so, but going by what's happened this season, it does seem unlikely which is odd when you consider SOD gave him some game time last season when we still had a chance of staying up. Tell him to keep his chin up though, I'm sure his time will come.

As for Saturday if Baldrick can't start, I'd go

Parish

Maloney, Flint, Williams, Shorey

Wynter , Pack

Wagstaff  JET  McClaughlin 

Harewood

I would def play reid.

I would def play reid.

I'd love to find a spot for Reid and Bryan, but away from home I think we need the more solid base of Pack and Wynter.

the only other option for me would be replace Harewood with JET and play Reid in the hole.

Wagstaff  Reid  McClaughlin 

JET

That looks alright 'n all.

That's not a bad shout... although I've been far from impressed with this new Irish lad

McLaughlin set up Baldock for Colchester goal and crossed the ball for the header Baldock should've scored from after that. He did ok at St Mary's too. He's raw as hell but he's another one who's never played league football before. He's quick, direct and has an end product. He was carp at Wycombe but so was everyone!

McLaughlin set up Baldock for Colchester goal and crossed the ball for the header Baldock should've scored from after that. He did ok at St Mary's too. He's raw as hell but he's another one who's never played league football before. He's quick, direct and has an end product. He was carp at Wycombe but so was everyone!

Lets hope he comes good then...would like to see it happen

This is going to sound really funny... and downright stupid... but certain Irish tend to run and move in a particular fashion... almost rigid... Maloney and McLaughlin move in the same way... I find it off putting and not something I find attractive to watch and it's almost unathletic if that makes sense... it's hard to describe... but their is certainly an 'Irish' style in certain players that's not appealing to my eyes.

Completely agree with you Spuds but if the team is playing well players will be more confident, results will be better and fans will be more patient.I imagine any youngsters coming into this environment will be given a lot more leeway by fans to learn their trade.As we know some City fans are not the most tolerant of people.

Completely agree with you Spuds but if the team is playing well players will be more confident, results will be better and fans will be more patient.I imagine any youngsters coming into this environment will be given a lot more leeway by fans to learn their trade.As we know some City fans are not the most tolerant of people.

That's the thing... the team has been playing well and the likes of Bryan and Reid have really excelled... just a shame a minority of idiots are making their life hell

That's the thing... the team has been playing well and the likes of Bryan and Reid have really excelled... just a shame a minority of idiots are making their life hell

You're going to have to explain that one mate. Apart from some pretty disgraceful behavior concerning Fontaine earlier this season, I don't think anyone, especially the young lads, can claim to be living in hell.

You're going to have to explain that one mate. Apart from some pretty disgraceful behavior concerning Fontaine earlier this season, I don't think anyone, especially the young lads, can claim to be living in hell.

SoD has said he hasn't played Reid and Bryan on occasion to protect them from the fans... maybe not 'hell' but definitely sad if he has to do that.

SoD has said he hasn't played Reid and Bryan on occasion to protect them from the fans... maybe not 'hell' but definitely sad if he has to do that.

I'm a tad confused here. I've not seen or heard SOD say this, not saying he hasn't just that I haven't heard it.

We are talking about Bobby Reid who's made 11 appearances this season and Joe Bryan who has made 12?

You've said yourself on another thread that you've not hear much booing this season, yet SOD feels the need to protect them, but still plays them in 90% of our matches.

You've got me there.

Yep he has said on two occasions he's not played them to protect them from the fans...

Someone on here i'm sure will find a link... either on main site or Player

Why have they played in 11 & 12 games out of 15? Doesn't make any sense.

Archived