IGNORED

If Baldock Doesn't Play On Saturday...

spudski

SoD has said he hasn't played Reid and Bryan on occasion to protect them from the fans... maybe not 'hell' but definitely sad if he has to do that.

Well he's more out-of-touch with supporters than I thought. Reid and Burns get more applause than virtually any other city player. Does he watch games with an iPod on?

Well he's more out-of-touch with supporters than I thought. Reid and Burns get more applause than virtually any other city player. Does he watch games with an iPod on?

Absolutely spot on. Reid and Bryan have been the only bright spots in this dog turd of a season, and the crowd are very supportive of them. O'Driscoll has lost the plot completely if he thinks we're hostile towards Reid and Bryan. Or......maybe Spudski has just made something up about their lives being made hell.

Absolutely spot on. Reid and Bryan have been the only bright spots in this dog turd of a season, and the crowd are very supportive of them. O'Driscoll has lost the plot completely if he thinks we're hostile towards Reid and Bryan. Or......maybe Spudski has just made something up about their lives being made hell.

Errr...why would i do that?

For the life of me... I can't remember which game it was... but I can clearly remember SoD stating that the fans were getting to certain players and that he had protected a couple of them by not starting them... I'm sure there was even comments on here about it.

Errr...why would i do that?

For the life of me... I can't remember which game it was... but I can clearly remember SoD stating that the fans were getting to certain players and that he had protected a couple of them by not starting them... I'm sure there was even comments on here about it.

I have no idea why you'd make something up. You tell me. The only players who have been really singled out for criticism this season have been Fontaine (slightly unfairly) and Kilkenny (totally justifiably, as he's awful).

I have no idea why you'd make something up. You tell me. The only players who have been really singled out for criticism this season have been Fontaine (slightly unfairly) and Kilkenny (totally justifiably, as he's awful).

Well I haven't...you just implied that i might want to... wtf for?

Read all my posts... I'm not that sort of person.

I come on here for reasoned conversation not to throw in silly made up comments... children do that...

It was SoD who said it not me... If I can find the link or someone on here remembers where it was, then please post.

Well I haven't...you just implied that i might want to... wtf for?

Read all my posts... I'm not that sort of person.

I come on here for reasoned conversation not to throw in silly made up comments... children do that...

It was SoD who said it not me... If I can find the link or someone on here remembers where it was, then please post.

I'd be surprised if somebody posts the link you are hoping for because I don't think it exists.

Christ! Whatever the case, there is always someone or people there to try find negatives or turn positives into negatives. It's leeches like you that bring the club down. Can you not see what the club are trying to achieve?

Give the negativity a rest and start supporting everything involved with the club

Can't remember which games it was... I remember Reid not starting for this exact reason... he may have come on at some point though.

Wish I could find you a link...

Fwiw Spudski this rings a bell with me also. Problem is, I can't remember if it was something said on here or by SOD in an interview.

Got a feeling this is the quote tht Spudski is on about? It's the only time I remember So'd mentioning not playing a player due to crowd

"However, the situation around Liam was becoming a distraction to the overall performance of the team and when I'm questioning whether I can bring him on because the adverse reaction around the stadium may affect the rest of the players then it's not fair on Liam, the other players, the coaching staff or the supporters.

Yep he has said on two occasions he's not played them to protect them from the fans...

Someone on here i'm sure will find a link... either on main site or Player

Are you sure? I don't recall him specifically saying he didn't play them to protect against them against the fans. People may have inferred that based on some comment or other.

I'm sure some Sherlock will provide a link but I'd be surprised.

The only link i can find refering to fans and players is this one... http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-head-coach-Sean-O-Driscoll-opens/story-19934898-detail/story.html

However... I can clearly remember SoD talking about protecting some of our younger players from the Fans...

It was around the time we had that long thread on Booing at games. It was either on the radio or BP... i think.

I can also remember him playing both O'conner and Shorey in the same game because they had more experience and wouldn't be so effected.

From my own experience I can only say I've never seen a bad reaction to Reid, Bryan, Burns or any other youngster. In fact they have had nothing but encouragement and the fans around me wanting them to come on if they are on the bench. I really cannot believe that even the most disgruntled City fan would boo one of the youngsters, seriously I hope SoD doesn't think this.

Yes, Fontaine and Kilkenny have taken some boos and abuse. The crowd have shown their displeasure, some of it warranted when they have let the side down. They have God knows how many professional games between them and would both be in the top 5 senior players and top wage earners at the club. What they are expected to do is totally different from any of the young players, they reap the rewards for doing so or get the stick for failing. It's all part of the pecking order.

Latest statement is that baldock has trained and that's 'good news'

Baldock will play. Can see dunk and Williams in at cb and Wilson as sub.

Makes me feel very confident for the team going forward having listened to the recent interviews.

I really hope wynter is brought back in. I feel we have missed him the last few games

I think the dury is very much still out on wynter, the games he has played he's looked bright and confident, just hope he can manage 20-30 games a season!

I agree... looks bright... but maybe a little bit weak and tends to give players too much space... looks a good prospect though...can tell he's trained at Arsenal... doesn't dive in and uses his body positioning well. tends to drift too much as well imho.

Archived