IGNORED

All Armchair Football Fans Calling For Sod's Head....

spudski

Did anybody actually answer this, or is it a lie that Wenger has praised SOD?

Whilst I don't presume my opinion to be noteworthy, even as a anti-SODite (at least up until recently - I'm still wavering) I don't think it is up for dispute whether Wenger has indeed praised SOD.

I will happily wager he did vehemently at least during Mr SODs donny days, although whether he has recently I am unaware.

In any case, a point I made previously, it matters not one iota anymore what has gone before and who said what, he has had adequate time (imo) to be judged on the here and now.

Whilst results were bad and he wanted to pick on the fans I wanted him out of the door faster than ford can shift a fiesta. But, he seems to have mellowed in his approach so I am (within reason) willing to be ever so slightly more forgiving.

Had there been a Crewe soundbite such as 'expected to beat 6-0' or a condemning of a small minority of a crowd which contributed to (I believe) a record JPT 1st Round attendance, even if only in fear of alienating a substantial, even if minority, section of thr crowd I'd be the first to have hay in my teeth and the pitchfork out. But, I belive someone has had a word with him, or quite frankly he has realised, that getting as many fans on side is his only way of getting to see this project through.

V Crewe I honestly thought we were in for a clean sheet and even that we may nick it. It just felt like a turning point in spite of being tame. That didn't happen. IMHO Mr SOD, regardless of who backs him, is probably playing with two (three if lucky or if the lads turn out and give their all) games. If we fail to win any of those I genuinely do not expect him to be at the club any longer.

I want SOD to be successful, I bloody genuinely do, I just can't follow blind faith and I think now is the time: dish a rollocking and get a response (and reevaluateaY, dish a rollocking with no response (go) or fail to dish a rollocking and foxtrot oscar.

Systems, methologies, it's all over complicated bullshit.

Time to adapt the Harry Redknapp approach. Pick 11 players, more defensive if away, more attacking at home. - tell them to express themselves.

Flint, Williams, Wynter, Pack, etc are too young and not good enough to play over complicated systems.

Time to adapt the Harry Redknapp approach. Pick 11 players, more defensive if away, more attacking at home. - tell them to express themselves.

Flint, Williams, Wynter, Pack, etc are too young and not good enough to play over complicated systems.

Nail head,

The fancy 1 touch passing football will work in the prem as you have alot more time on the ball but down in league one it doesn't as players are in your face,

Teams press us we panic and make mastakes the tactics and system are wrong but out head coach is too stubbon to adapt, performance is second its about getting results now

Is it really a over complicated system.  He picks a formation an basically puts his trust in his player to play the correct ball.  that has been his mantra from day 1.  Is it reall that difficult?

I think the problem we have is that he may have picked the wrong players, where as before he may have picked some players with the ability to think for themselves, he may have come up short and bought himself some dumb drones here!

Is it really a over complicated system. He picks a formation an basically puts his trust in his player to play the correct ball. that has been his mantra from day 1. Is it reall that difficult?

I think the problem we have is that he may have picked the wrong players, where as before he may have picked some players with the ability to think for themselves, he may have come up short and bought himself some dumb drones here!

I reckon that's getting somewhere near the crux of the problem, it's easy to instill passing/ ball retention philosophy into top quality players but with the best will in the world I'd imagine it goes over the heads of your average league one player, there's a reason why we keep hitting long balls up to baldock and it's because our players don't have the wit or invention to do anything else.

I fear sod overestimates the ability of the squad to implement his ideas, and considering he shaped the squad he must take some blame and rectify it

..... A serious question...

Do you really think you know better than the likes of Brendan Rogers and Arsene Wenger...who have both recently spoken about how good a manger SoD is, and how impressed they are with his way of coaching?

Or are you purely frustrated at the results, and are posting without thinking straight?

Would you like to watch City play like a Rogers or Wenger style team... because that's how I see us developing.

Funny...you never hear the likes of such managers praising Warnock or Di Canio to name two that have been mentioned on here.

Everyone associated with the Club is frustrated... but do we throw our toys out the pram and rant and rave and then sulk... or go about this in a professional manner.

Too many knee jerk reactions by the Club in the past... time to fight together.

Whilst I agree that this is a time for stability and I do not believe we should part with SO'D it is hardly a knee-jerk reaction from fans considering how long it's been since we won a game of football! As others have reiterated on here recently there are huge causes for concern and SO'D must face a number of questions, I wouldn't say these fans are any more 'fickle' or 'arm-chair' than the rest of us.

I personally believe we must stay up at all costs this season (which I think we will) and then next season with more wages free and a lot of our youngsters having had a full season of football for the first time hopefully we can kick on properly then, with SO'D and the philosophy that most of us seem to agree is the way forward long-term. However I have read some responses from posters raising their doubts that have made reasonable points in support of their view that he should go now.

At the end of the day it is a results business, and despite the long-term plan if you f ** k the present up enough then the long-term plan goes out the window! Just like if you only plan for the short-term (see our entire Championship reign) then you will evidently fail in the long-term. I hope we can continue to stick together though (which considering our scenario I'd say we're doing ok) and hopefully that first win can spark the small bit of belief and confidence required to say "You know what? We can win games of football!"

people say, if we get rid of SOD it could be worse!

How could it actually be worse?

We are the worst team in the whole football league, bottom of the division, not won a game and people still say

"Could be worse!"

Monty Python comes to mind.

We'll being saying next   'SOD's the Messiah  

no, sorry,  he's just a very naughty boy!!!!!!

people say, if we get rid of SOD it could be worse!

How could it actually be worse?

We are the worst team in the whole football league, bottom of the division, not won a game and people still say

"Could be worse!"

Monty Python comes to mind.

We'll being saying next   'SOD's the Messiah  

no, sorry,  he's just a very naughty boy!!!!!!

Could be worse, could have a club going into administration/bankrupt or extinct.

Archived