IGNORED

All Armchair Football Fans Calling For Sod's Head....

spudski

Spudski.

I'm pretty much in the same camp as you but two issues are getting me worried. The first is that our record under SOD is dire by any standard. It's not just bad it is terrible. Even considering transition it's still awful. Does transition mean dropping two divisions?

The second and bigger concern is the performances are sporadic. Great at Port Vale but very iffy since.

I'm still with SOD and I said in a recent poll to give him a season but if results continue as they are and we are bottom at Christmas then keeping him in the position until then may be too long.

..... A serious question...

Do you really think you know better than the likes of Brendan Rogers and Arsene Wenger...who have both recently spoken about how good a manger SoD is, and how impressed they are with his way of coaching?

Or are you purely frustrated at the results, and are posting without thinking straight?

Would you like to watch City play like a Rogers or Wenger style team... because that's how I see us developing.

Funny...you never hear the likes of such managers praising Warnock or Di Canio to name two that have been mentioned on here.

Everyone associated with the Club is frustrated... but do we throw our toys out the pram and rant and rave and then sulk... or go about this in a professional manner.

Too many knee jerk reactions by the Club in the past... time to fight together.

You can be a great coach but a shit manager you know?

There's some good points on here, but on the Wenger/Rodgers conundrum, is their judgement 100% foolproof?  They've both signed failures in the past so they're hardly infallible. Just perhaps they're both wrong about SOD.  Besides, what they think is of scant consolation to most people on here.

On the subject supporting SOD I must say that his most passionate supporters are beginning to resemble members of some wacky American religious cult.  They seem to believe these days of suffering will one day we replaced by days of reward and joy.  The date is uncertain; you just need to believe.  Such characters are often detected by their detachment from consensual reality. 

Hard to say. This is a massive change that we are undergoing as a club but we cannot under any circs afford another relegation. With the squad we have we shoulod undoubtedly be much higher but all the turnover of managers and players in the last 3 or 4 seasons I'd say from summer 2010-now, incomings and outgoings are just absurd- chickens coming home to roost. 3 years of losses and decline is hard to reverse though but there is NO way we are on paper the worst squad in this League.

YAWN.

It's the same old things from both sides of the fence.

Whether i like it or not i honestly think SOD is staying, at least til the end of the season, anyway.

But whoever is in charge i will support the team.

That's my job as a supporter.

Let's just hope the team do their job and start winning some games.

I like his philosophies and approach, but if we lose tomorrow I want him gone.

We have the quality in the squad, which leads me to question SOD's ability to motivate the players.

Blind faith may lead us to another relegation.

Win or lose tomorrow, the reality is that City can't keep hiring and firing managers.

This appointment has to work.

Thanks for your response.

I've come to the conclusion there is no point us trying to talk about football and City as we see it from totally different perspectives.

You seem to simplify matters generally.

If it were so easy to rectify certain issues the Club would do it.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as you make out.

It's easy as a fan to just spout...'do this, do that'... but in practice it's not.

We could go round and round in circles and never see eye to eye.

Your last point sums it up for me where you quoted....

'And? your point is?  You want to stick, even though it isnt working. There is no guarantee either way, SO'D getting better or a new coach doing better. However at present the bottom line is that things are awful and will change one way or another'

Like you say there is no Guarantee... but the one thing that is constant, is we keep sacking managers and it hasn't worked whoever we've brought in. Things as you put it are not 'awful', everything apart from the results are a marked improvement on recent previous seasons. This is why i'm optimistic in us turning the corner.

So we'll have to agree to disagree, but I do admire and respect you for your willingness to debate... something that's not always so forth coming on here.... Appreciated

Do you really think you know better than the likes of Brendan Rogers and Arsene Wenger...who have both recently spoken about how good a manger SoD is, and how impressed they are with his way of coaching?

Not interested in what Brendan Rogers has to say, i can think for myself thank you very much.  Clearly you cant!

Not interested in what Brendan Rogers has to say, i can think for myself thank you very much.  Clearly you cant!

I clearly can't think for myself? Nice type of bloke you are... you got a problem? Attack the post not the poster...

As someone who is interested in football I am interested in what the likes of Rogers and Wenger say... because they are top professional managers. Any fan who thinks they know better than them is clearly deluded...  we can all have opinions..but I would say a Professional football manager would have far more knowledge about football than yourself...wouldn't you agree?

I clearly can't think for myself? Nice type of bloke you are... you got a problem? Attack the post not the poster...

As someone who is interested in football I am interested in what the likes of Rogers and Wenger say... because they are top professional managers. Any fan who thinks they know better than them is clearly deluded...  we can all have opinions..but I would say a Professional football manager would have far more knowledge about football than yourself...wouldn't you agree?

Pay no attention to him spud, apparently he speaks for all of us anyway.

I agree with you though, SO'D gets positive praise from Wenger (especially) and Rogers then that's a good sign for me. If the players can just click soon then we'll be absolutely fine under his footballing philosophy and there have been plenty of positives, just wish we could stick some of those many chances we created away. 

There's some good points on here, but on the Wenger/Rodgers conundrum, is their judgement 100% foolproof?  They've both signed failures in the past so they're hardly infallible. Just perhaps they're both wrong about SOD.  Besides, what they think is of scant consolation to most people on here.

On the subject supporting SOD I must say that his most passionate supporters are beginning to resemble members of some wacky American religious cult.  They seem to believe these days of suffering will one day we replaced by days of reward and joy.  The date is uncertain; you just need to believe.  Such characters are often detected by their detachment from consensual reality. 

Suspension of disbelief is often the basis for a religion...... hec without it, no Christians, No Muslims, Buddhists or BCFC etc

Or are you purely frustrated at the results, and are posting without thinking straight?

Would you like to watch City play like a Rogers or Wenger style team... because that's how I see us developing.

Funny...you never hear the likes of such managers praising Warnock or Di Canio to name two that have been mentioned on here.

Everyone associated with the Club is frustrated... but do we throw our toys out the pram and rant and rave and then sulk... or go about this in a professional manner.

Too many knee jerk reactions by the Club in the past... time to fight together.

Arsene Wenger and brendan rodgers know absoloutley nothing about our club

every manger praises other managers apart from the very best,

its more of a pitty thing a pat on the head, you would never her arsene wenger praise jose mourhiniho even though he is clearly the best manager alive 

Arsene Wenger and brendan rodgers know absoloutley nothing about our club

every manger praises other managers apart from the very best,

its more of a pitty thing a pat on the head, you would never her arsene wenger praise jose mourhiniho even though he is clearly the best manager alive 

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :grr:  :gaah:  :no:

I've read your previous response and appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

However... whoever is in charge will have to coach/manage within the refines of the Clubs new philosophies.

That doesn't mean the style of play with be the same though.

Each manager has his own way of playing.

Say for example Warnock was in charge... there is no way he would be playing the same type of football as SoD is.

He would be asked to use Academy and youth and within the clubs wage restrictions....just like SoD has been asked to.

SoD has brought in players to specifically play his way... players he thinks he can develop and mold.

Somehow I can't see many managers available, coming in, and using the playing staff we have at our disposal and making it work 'their' way.

We keep sacking managers since GJ's days... each time we've gone backwards.

As for GLYRILEY's comment of 'I'm content for a few more weeks for SOD to try and get this bright new future rolling, but threads like this are just pointless, unless you're trying to prove your superior intelligence or that you are somehow a better fan than those who want him out.'

Where the hell do you get that from in my OP? I've not been superior in my thoughts to anyone on here...or made out i'm better... I simply asked whether Armchair fans think they know better than the likes of Rodgers and Wenger.... kinnel talk about over reaction and seeing things that aren't their... it seems you like to pick on the poster rather than the post mate and it's not the first time...

You mean we might play the type of football that wins games?  Yes please.

Well put. That is exactly how I think of them. If they were American they'd be waving their bibles around and confidently predicting that "Jesus will be with us next week. Oh no, hang on, I got my calculations wrong, it must be next year. Anyway, it'll be sometime, probably, and those of you who can't see the masterplan are just idiots. Unlike me, waving my little bible around and getting ever more detached from reality".

Archived