IGNORED

Di Canio Linked?

jackorack

Sorry fella, but I have to pull you up on this.  

Firstly, what you describe as eccentricity, I describe as mania.

Secondly, the chances of this 'eccentricity' not reappearing soon after in the same environment are nil.

Thirdly, how do you expect him to demonstrate to you or anyone else that this 'eccentricity' has reduced?  How do you measure this?  

Sorry, but I don't want this fascist dog anywhere near my beloved BCFC.  

No worries mate.

Haha fair enough, but i'd call him eccentric, i don't think he should be placed under the mental health act yet!

I read his interview with BBC saying that he has learnt from his failure at Sunderland, i'll take that with a pinch of salt but we will see, i'm sure he will find a club fairly soon anyway.

And obviously eccentricity isn't tangible to measure, so i'd say that if he can stay out of the national football headlines then he's wound it in a bit.

Just to say, I'm not campaigning to appoint him as manager or anything but i'd be excited at the prospect.

Sunderland were actually deep in the Premier League relegation mire when Di Canio took them over. They outplayed Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the first half to be 0-1 up in Di Canio's first game, then they beat their rivals Newcastle to help secure survival. Di Canio may or may not be the right manager here but he's certainly a good manager with a great work ethic.

They weren't great before and he got them too .... bottom of the pile and an utter shambles.

I don't know anyone who. can say "he's a great manager" on the basis of buying one club's way out of the 4th division and then under-performing in the 3rd.

We can't talk on the latter score I know, but at least SOD has genuine history.

And when SOD is sacked I doubt he will return to AG smash up his office and then claim he was looking for his publicity pictures!!

No worries mate.

Haha fair enough, but i'd call him eccentric, i don't think he should be placed under the mental health act yet!

I read his interview with BBC saying that he has learnt from his failure at Sunderland, i'll take that with a pinch of salt but we will see, i'm sure he will find a club fairly soon anyway.

And obviously eccentricity isn't tangible to measure, so i'd say that if he can stay out of the national football headlines then he's wound it in a bit.

Just to say, I'm not campaigning to appoint him as manager or anything but i'd be excited at the prospect.

"Di Canio says he has learned from his time at Sunderland." Yes, I read that somewhere. Wonder what he has 'learned'? That his belief that Paulo di Canio (no doubt, PdiC refers to himself in the third person) is the best manager in the world (his stated belief on the day of his last game in charge of Sunderland) needs a few more wins yet to back that up. And that doesn't mean wins in Leagues One and Two. Hope he's enjoying the 'duce vita' away from footballand that Mrs. Di C continues to get help with the school run for a while yet

Actually, as soon as the money to outspend their rivals dried up at Swindon, they started to fall away and it was only after he was sacked that they picked up again.

At Sunderland, he took a decent, but basically potless PL side, and utterly flopped. People can say it's all about "player power" if they like, but he was shyte from the start. 

He has no pedigree as a manager and I'm sure he'd be a disaster here.

And that's before we get into the sort of personality who ***** referees, trashes his office, covers himself with fascist and football hoolie tats and generally behaves like a mentalist.

His biggest signing, Giacharini refused to speak to him after getting subbed during a match. He would onnly communicate with the assistant and totally blanked Di Canio.

Great manager.

Whilst on the subject of blanking - he only discussed so called tactics and team selection etc with his Italian posse in Italian, in front of his other backroom staff.

Way to go PDC, more like P R I C K.

His biggest signing, Giacharini refused to speak to him after getting subbed during a match. He would onnly communicate with the assistant and totally blanked Di Canio.

Great manager.

Whilst on the subject of blanking - he only discussed so called tactics and team selection etc with his Italian posse in Italian, in front of his other backroom staff.

Way to go PDC, more like P R I C K.

You seem to suggest that Di Canio is a bad manager for reasons such as the example you gave, in bold, i.e. that it is somehow Di Canio's fault for being ignored by the player because he was subbed. I suspect the player was playing badly and its the manager's prerogative for making such decisions and if he blanks out the manager for that reason i'd say its the player who is a 'p r i c k' not the gaffer. At least for the reason you cite.

I am sure there are more appropriate reasons or examples to portray Di Canio in a bad light; the aforementioned is clearly not one of them at least not the way you have described it. 

You seem to suggest that Di Canio is a bad manager for reasons such as the example you gave, in bold, i.e. that it is somehow Di Canio's fault for being ignored by the player because he was subbed. I suspect the player was playing badly and its the manager's prerogative for making such decisions and if he blanks out the manager for that reason i'd say its the player who is a 'p r i c k' not the gaffer. At least for the reason you cite.

I am sure there are more appropriate reasons or examples to portray Di Canio in a bad light; the aforementioned is clearly not one of them at least not the way you have described it.

That's a fair response, but he wasn't getting the players 'on board' - more or less pissing them off in training. He isn't a peoples person, something needed, especially with the Premiership ego's. Di Canio still played him but only as he knew he was a good player.

Adam Johnson might be in line for the chop at Sunderland under Poyet soon too, watch this space :)

Archived