IGNORED

Di Canio Linked?

jackorack

Swindon were spending way beyond their means to do that, mind.  (Obviously so are we but Swindon had the sense to spend it on decent players).

Unquestionably Di Canio did a good job in favourable conditions with money to spend and a feelgood factor around the club but  don't believe for a second that he'd do a good job for us.

He also made plenty of poor signings and put them on wages of what of player in the division above would command.

Leon Clarke was on 8k playing in League 2.

Too many players they signed were later released and paid off.

I believe he signed over 50 players during his time in charge, probably a lot more. I'd have to ask my Swindon pal to double check, but it could be in the 60's.

Diabolical is the word. He was very close to crippling the club and had to spend his own money as the powers above withdrew additional finance for signings.

Di Canio is a bully and that's why he can't operate at a club that has any colourful personalities - ie, JET. He didn't get the respect he wanted, even at Swindon - this attributed toward such a high player turnover. This is no way to operate any squad that has long term ambition.

JET would be gone within a month, or at least frozen out. 

This is such bollox.

Half our team wouldn't get a look in with Di Canio in charge.

Jet wouldn't even make the bench.

He loves fit grafters... Most pro footballers would dread him being appointed, as he makes any squad work twice as hard on fitness than most clubs.

I don't especially want Di Canio as boss but I don't understand what's wrong with having a team of "fit graters". Didn't do Man U much harm over the last 20 odd years. Being fit/hard working and talented aren't mutually exclusive.

I don't especially want Di Canio as boss but I don't understand what's wrong with having a team of "fit graters". Didn't do Man U much harm over the last 20 odd years. Being fit/hard working and talented aren't mutually exclusive.

I think you missed the point.

If Di Canio was able to go out and buy players that would fit into his ways then yes it would make sense.

However... whoever manages us, has to work with who we have here now... because of restrictions.

I admire Di Canio's work ethic... but If stories coming of of Sunderland are correct, then I think he's taken things too far.

Not being able to smile whilst at work, or talk to the tea lady or the guy working in the tunnel that's been at the Club 50 odd years seems negative and not positive imho.

As much as I like Di Canio... I wouldn't want him here.

As for liking Man Utd to just 'Fit grafters' seems a bit odd. They grafted, but had skill and tactics to back that up. A 'grafting' team is something like Stoke under Pullis. 

I'm no fan of O'Driscoll, but if Di Canio took over here I think that would be the final straw for me and this club. The guy's a lunatic, a self-confirmed fascist... we are trying to save money and he's proven he can't manage without an open chequebook... It'd be an absolute car-crash. 

If Di Canio was able to go out and buy players that would fit into his ways then yes it would make sense.

However... whoever manages us, has to work with who we have here now... because of restrictions.

I admire Di Canio's work ethic... but If stories coming of of Sunderland are correct, then I think he's taken things too far.

Not being able to smile whilst at work, or talk to the tea lady or the guy working in the tunnel that's been at the Club 50 odd years seems negative and not positive imho.

As for liking Man Utd to just 'Fit grafters' seems a bit odd. They grafted, but had skill and tactics to back that up. A 'grafting' team is something like Stoke under Pullis. 

That's a good summary of my view. PdC is a good manager if you want fast results and have money to spend, he can shake things up and create winning teams but he seems to have rapidly gone the mad dog Allen route into really odd behaviour.

If we are still on course for relegation in a month's time I would get him in on a six month contract, as if we drop into the fourth then all of the pillars and financial plans in the world will not see us back in the Championship this decade. 

Eh? Read it again, I said I didn't want DI Canio but there's nothing wrong with being fit and grafters (your criticism of PDC - you didn't mention tea ladies and not smiling in you first post).

As for Man U I said they were a team of fit grafter and then said being fit and grafting and talented are not mutually exclusive. Players like Giggs, Beckham, Rooney are some of the most talented we've seen in recent year but they all (and others) work their nuts off for the team, even without the ball.

Anyway - chances of him being here anytime soon are nil.

Di Canio is the sort of catalyst we need. He would bring a good style of football, the crowds will come back and inevitably success is more likely. 

I hope he has learnt from his time at Sunderland, and that his eccentricity has reduced. If that is the case i would be very happy with him at the helm. 

His record at Swindon was excellent, and i'm sure they would be in the championship now if he didn't leave them.

That's a good summary of my view. PdC is a good manager if you want fast results and have money to spend, he can shake things up and create winning teams but he seems to have rapidly gone the mad dog Allen route into really odd behaviour.

If we are still on course for relegation in a month's time I would get him in on a six month contract, as if we drop into the fourth then all of the pillars and financial plans in the world will not see us back in the Championship this decade. 

Actually, as soon as the money to outspend their rivals dried up at Swindon, they started to fall away and it was only after he was sacked that they picked up again.

At Sunderland, he took a decent, but basically potless PL side, and utterly flopped. People can say it's all about "player power" if they like, but he was shyte from the start. 

He has no pedigree as a manager and I'm sure he'd be a disaster here.

And that's before we get into the sort of personality who ***** referees, trashes his office, covers himself with fascist and football hoolie tats and generally behaves like a mentalist.

Di Canio is the sort of catalyst we need. He would bring a good style of football, the crowds will come back and inevitably success is more likely. 

I hope he has learnt from his time at Sunderland, and that his eccentricity has reduced. If that is the case i would be very happy with him at the helm. 

His record at Swindon was excellent, and i'm sure they would be in the championship now if he didn't leave them.

Sorry fella, but I have to pull you up on this.  

Firstly, what you describe as eccentricity, I describe as mania.

Secondly, the chances of this 'eccentricity' not reappearing soon after in the same environment are nil.

Thirdly, how do you expect him to demonstrate to you or anyone else that this 'eccentricity' has reduced?  How do you measure this?  

Sorry, but I don't want this fascist dog anywhere near my beloved BCFC.  

I have no idea if there is any truth in this, but I can say, yes he is volotile but like many italian and Spanish players he went through a proper schooling in coaching. I think what he did at Swindon was exceptional, if not extraordinary. He is demanding, he wants perfection, loyalty, commitment and hard work. Do not believe the negative hype, he is a honourable and principled man. I do not know him personally, but I know others that do, and be under no illusions, he lives and breathes it. Right for City, I have no idea, and maybe that win saved the day for SOD, but the structure we have in place for scouting and coaching is very much the approach you see abroad. For me, there is something about him I like, very much so, and I think, City need due to our history, some red hot passion. I get why some might say no, but for me, I would go with it. May never happen now, but I think we would have a fighter on our hands, and god damn it, that is what BCFC needs. Too long Mr nice guy

I personally think the last thing we need at this Club right now is a 'Di Canio type'.

And i'm one of his biggest fans... Lazio being my second team... I've also met him a couple times at Formello ( Lazio training grounds )

Managers bring in their own backroom team... not just themselves.

We have brought in some good imho, backroom staff and coaches... I also like our manager.

We now need to consolidate and settle... get into a system and stick with it.

A disruption and whirlwind that Di Canio would bring with him would be in the long term wrong for this Club.

Actually, as soon as the money to outspend their rivals dried up at Swindon, they started to fall away and it was only after he was sacked that they picked up again.

At Sunderland, he took a decent, but basically potless PL side, and utterly flopped. People can say it's all about "player power" if they like, but he was shyte from the start. 

He has no pedigree as a manager and I'm sure he'd be a disaster here.

And that's before we get into the sort of personality who ***** referees, trashes his office, covers himself with fascist and football hoolie tats and generally behaves like a mentalist.

Sunderland were actually deep in the Premiership relegation mire when Di Canio took them over. They outplayed Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the first half to be 0-1 up in Di Canio's first game, then they beat their rivals Newcastle to help secure survival. Di Canio may or may not be the right manager here but he's certainly a good manager with a great work ethic.

Archived