IGNORED

Oldham, And Little Lee

BRISTOL86

Lee Johnson and Kilkenny are both short and usually available for a pass but that's where the comparison should end

Was never Johnson's biggest fan, but perhaps cause i loved Noble & Gavin Williams when they were at the gate and he kept them out at times!

Johnson gave a lot more effort than Kilkenny ever has for city. Johnson also passed forward, something Kilkenny seems to be unable/not want to do.

Johnson was probably also on half the wages. 

Kilkenny has been piss poor for three years and even Sean O'Driscoll who used to be a fan of him doesn't even play him anymore after Cov away and Wolves at home. Was really hoping he'd be able to prove me wrong this season and flourish in a passing city side but it just hasn't been the case.

In my opinion, even though I've only seen him about a dozen times, Reid seems better than the both of them!

It often makes me sad when certain types of footballers become scapegoats for fans frustrations.

Kilkenny, Skuse and Lee are all of a similar type of player... loved by football managers yet despised by many 'football' fans.

They are often asked to do things in the team that fans don't understand or like.

Many managers have spoken fondly about all 3 players...especially Skuse of late.

All three were/are good professional footballers that do as they are asked by their managers.

It's funny that the 3 players mentioned were all similar types of player... yet all 3 have had some of the most vitrionic hatred towards them in the past...more than a lot of others, that I feel has been undeserved.

I'll guarantee that Marlon Pack will be the next one to start getting unwarranted stick... it's already starting to happen in drips and drabs.

To me, it says more about certain fans understanding of certain footballers role's in a team...so sad.

LJ is a good Professional in my book... a lad with his head screwed on... hope he goes far in management.

Was there really any "hatred"? All I remember is that fans had issues with LJ's selection and ability on the pitch. I can't recall any "vitrionic hatred" towards any City players, just criticism - there is a big difference.

I can't imagine LJ will receive anything else than a warm reception at AG, and a indifferent reception at worse.

Was there really any "hatred"? All I remember is that fans had issues with LJ's selection and ability on the pitch. I can't recall any "vitrionic hatred" towards any City players, just criticism - there is a big difference.

I can't imagine LJ will receive anything else than a warm reception at AG, and a indifferent reception at worse.

Seriously...? Can you remember the posts? Pretty much the same amount as Fontaine and Killkenny...

As SoD has said...it's effected the latter so much, it's become untenable. and they have to move on for the best of both parties.

I will stick my hand up and say I used to get very frustrated with Lee Johnson always seeming to get picked even after a bad game.

His professonalism, care factor and will to win though was never in question and ANYONE who boos him or gives him anything other than decent respect should have a serious chat with themselves.

Seriously...? Can you remember the posts? Pretty much the same amount as Fontaine and Killkenny...

As SoD has said...it's effected the latter so much, it's become untenable. and they have to move on for the best of both parties.

My missus says I have a selective memory. Maybe she's right after all.

There may have been the odd poster who went to far, but I still think most of it was frustration rather than hatred per se.

Never put his foot in, never broke sweat, went awol when the going got tough, lucky to become a "millionaire property developer" as a very average footballer, should have had the balls to leave and find his own way instead of hiding behind his Dad, when we crided out for aggression and fight in midfield we got LJ hiding behind the referee whenever possible, no doubt a very nice bloke an all that but who cares? As far as I am concerned he is the manager of the team I want to beat on Saturday, I don't go in for booing the opposition but I have no plans to give a warm welcome to anyone that is connected to Oldham on the day, they are the enemy for 90 minutes.

Absolute waste of space, hole we stuff him and that's the last we see or here of him or his**** of a father.

I hope Lee gets a great reception to remember both him and Gary.

The biggest cheer in Lees career was when at last he was subbed by his Dad although there was only 5 mins to go.

I hope his team have been trained to pass the ball backwards as much as he did!!

Little Lee was never my favourite player and I didn't always think he was an amazing player...

but after looking at it again he always put in 100%, he did a job and although he occaisionally got a bit of stick from fans (especially as he's Gary's son) he got on with it and did well.

I'll give him a clap.

Archived