IGNORED

City Sign Gillett (Merged)

East end Forever

'Everyone'? Well I'll continue to dare to be different then

In response to your question, no we arent.

Instead of getting old (er) journeymen in to cover old(er) players on long and expensive contracts, we are getting old(er) players in to cover young players, (who are good enough, but not many will give them any credit!) on long but cheaper contracts. Either way it's still the young players who are suffering, much like they have before.

There is no panic, just an observation

Sorry, who are these older players we are bringing in on long contracts?? 6 Months isn't long, nor is a year.

You say observing, I'd say criticising.

Maybe this:

----------------------Parish

Maloney---Flint*-----------Williams----Shorey

-----------------------Gillet

--------Wagstaff----Pack-----Reid

-----------------------JET

-----------------------Taylor

*or it could be the CB from Millwall

Gillet sounds like a similar player to Elliot but one that can pass a ball, this will allow Pack to move further forward, because he doesn't have to be an easy option for Elliot. Pack played further forward at Cheltenham and was much more effective. Also Reid can tuck in a bit or swap with Wagstaff

I think he was saying that we are bringing in older players to cover younger players that are on long contracts

Ah right, well again in the short term this is an acceptable solution and certainly doesn't conflict with the youth recruitment policy.

Long term if the youngsters, like Wynter for example, are good enough then they'll break through.

I think with regards to wynter not playing it's because the pressure on him and the team would be extremely high at the moment because we are struggling, I know it's the same with Williams but I think Williams has been as good as our other defenders this season

Again wynter was very good when he played, but after the injury I think expectation will be on him to carry on where he left off and while we are in our current position it may be a bit too much to ask until we get ourself a bit higher up the table

Archived