IGNORED

City Sign Gillett (Merged)

East end Forever

It's Burt's network as much as it is SODs. Wynter is still young and very inexperienced, I'm sure his time will come.

Call me an old cynic, but this network doesn't appear to be as extensive and far reaching as we were lead to believe.

yes, however, wynter signed for us on the basis he would get first team. hence why he turned down re-signing for arsenal. So far, first team football has fallen short for him for reasons only SOD knows besides his injury. It does frustrate me however that we have a good player in him coming back from injury hoping to get a place back and we sign an unneccessary midfielder when we have plenty of them already.

It just hinders the progression of certain players.

That being said, now we have signed him on loan, I do hope he helps our form and aids us to numerous victories.

Perhaps Wynter isn't quite back to fitness yet?

I'd say it is Pack who'd more at risk here anyway.  

I'm not going to complain about adding a little experience into the engine room to help us till Jan.

Not so sure about that. Given Gilletts size, I'd say Bobby Reids place is probably most in jeapordy

yes, however, wynter signed for us on the basis he would get first team. hence why he turned down re-signing for arsenal. So far, first team football has fallen short for him for reasons only SOD knows besides his injury. It does frustrate me however that we have a good player in him coming back from injury hoping to get a place back and we sign an unneccessary midfielder when we have plenty of them already.

It just hinders the progression of certain players.

That being said, now we have signed him on loan, I do hope he helps our form and aids us to numerous victories.

Calm down ciderbeans. I ask you this....would you mind if the scouting set up went to Nottingham for lascelles!? ;)

I think Gillett is a different type of player to Wynter. I am sure Wynter will still get a shot at it soon fella

hope its not turned into a permanent. hes old, a journeyman and hasnt done anything of great significance in his career.

we have better players. I though the recruitment policy was that if we were to sign older player, they have to be an exception and better than what we currently have. I don't see that with this signing.

So erm, checked this from a Florist Forum

Erm, not many games for his age, plenty of loans all over the shop and same kinda position as Wynter and Pack... Kilkenny...

Er thought we werent signing 'favourites', with O'Connor, Maloney. McLaughlin and now Gillett. All the hallmarks of a GJ dynasty stuff, which I thought we were getting away from

Bizarre stuff, let's see how he does

A few more quotes from the Forest forums just to balance things up a bit:

Was excellent again on Tuesday night. Never panicked on the ball. Always looking for a red shirt to pass to when in possession and tries to press and harass the opposition when not on the ball. Like McKenna sometimes all he gets is a toe on the ball.

Fast becoming one of my favourite players. Love the way he plays. I smile to myself whenever he challenges for a header, because it just doesn't look normal, but he wins a few to be fair.

He gets about and gives nobody time to rest on the ball. Like him a lot.

He was excellent last night. Like McKenna used to do, late on in the games he was pressing and nipping in front of opponents to take the ball off them or force them to play it where they don't want to, I love to see that

Cracking little player. Shows great heart, likes a tackle and is surprisingly solid in the air.

Er thought we werent signing 'favourites', with O'Connor, Maloney. McLaughlin and now Gillett. All the hallmarks of a GJ dynasty stuff, which I thought we were getting away from

The period when GJ signed players he already knew was great. It was when he had to turn to players he didn't know that things went wrong.

Besides which, it's still early days for the new setup and if you're the manager and a player you already know will add something to the team becomes available surely you'd be daft to turn it down on the grounds that you already know him?

hope its not turned into a permanent. hes old, a journeyman and hasnt done anything of great significance in his career.

we have better players. I though the recruitment policy was that if we were to sign older player, they have to be an exception and better than what we currently have. I don't see that with this signing.

He's 27...!?!! and has a couple of promotions and FL trophy wins on his CV.

He is joining us from a big club in a higher division than us and the manager knows him well.

Decent signing imo and low risk as it's only a loan deal.

So erm, checked this from a Florist Forum

Erm, not many games for his age, plenty of loans all over the shop and same kinda position as Wynter and Pack... Kilkenny...

Bizarre stuff, let's see how he does

Didn't read the other posts then?? Total shock that you picked the doom and gloom post out of the hat....

passes the ball accurately without any fuss and puts his foot in. Great signing, reminds me of Martin Rowlands.

just have to put up with the posy beginning to this but it's worth it!

Wouldn't call him a great signing yet after seeing 6 minutes of video, with the footage mostly at one game, against west ham

But he looks assured.

Yeah but it's not keeping with the 5 pillars is it?  We are shunning youth and development for SOD's previous players who are getting on a bit in general, see O'Connor, James. So much for progress.

He may be great, he may fit into the system really well and give us all the things we needed since Cisse sat there, however, it's all a bit, er, desperate  to re capture lightening in a bottle. Last throw of the dice?

The recruitment strategy doesn't say "don't sign experienced players"; it says "don't pay over the odds for experienced players". This is a short term loan and if it leads to a permanent signing I imagine it'd be a free transfer.

I really wish I'd said that :(

You need to sharpen up Aizoon, but try not to get into a lather or a strop because this thread is cut throat. 

P.S. Gillett would surely fit in well at Sheff Utd and if he is only here till January does that make him disposable?

Archived