IGNORED

This Whole Kilkenny Situation

Jesus

Dyche was one of those players that never worked out here, he did play through injury during his time here but wasn't very good, once he left and recovered he went on to continue his pretty decent career including almost helping millwall get to the prem and doing a very good job at the heart of watford defence,

Kilkenny is awful and if he can't take a bit of stick from the crowd he shouldn't be a pro footballer, Lee Johnson got loads of abuse it didn't stop him putting in 100% every single week,

I'm trying to remember any manager who rated a player but refused to play him ever again due to fan pressure.

Clearly many players have been given a few weeks off due to poor form/falling foul of the fans, but this is something else.

It's a good job that Ramsey didn't listen to all the whingers when he set up what eventually came to be referred to as his 'wingless wonders'. There was plenty of moaning from press and public at the time. Surely the manager has to select what he considers to be his best team for the job in hand.

For what it's worth I think that O'Driscoll's record, 1 win in 23, yep that's half a season, is truly appalling and he should have been given a short-term target, something like 9 points from the next 6 games, quite some time ago. Something to concentrate the mind.

I saw him in Cabot about two weeks ago walking quickly & fine so can't be that far of of a return can he?

I've heard rumours Pearson could be out for the season so won't play for City again.

A big blow if true, I think he'd be very effective for us at this level.

I sympathise mate as I'd have been hacked off seeing Kilkenny behave like this. He's earned more than a good wage from us for a very long time now yet clearly has no respect for our club or his teammates. Not a lot to ask of him to look interested and show a bit of support for the team he's supposed to be part of. Typical "here for the money only" attitude of last season's team though. Sooner we get rid the better.

Kilkenny doesn't have to go to the home games if he doesn't want to, he could stay at home.

Kilkenny doesn't have to go to the home games if he doesn't want to, he could stay at home.

So I've heard, he lives a 5 min walk away from AG so let's not get too excited about that...

Fact is Fontaine and Kilkenny were both gash long before SOD arrived, so how he's taking blame for their omission I don't know. All SOD said as I recall was that both players were playing badly and as a result the fans were on their back and in turn that made their places untenable. He is spot on and anyone who was at Cov could've told you that Fontaine's career in a City shirt was over.

On the face of it Dyche was a good signing for us, but played like shit for us, nothing to do with the crowd whatsoever.

He was a good signing for us and played well until injured. When he returned he played like shit and got possibly the worst treatment from the AG fans  that I've ever seen any player get. As has been mentioned he went onto Millwall, recovered fully from injury and I believe was their player of the season for two consecutive years.

Don't think it's down to him wanting to or not, aren't they contracted to be at the games? What happens if players are injured on match day and then can't be replaced either in the team or on the bench as they didn't fancy it that day!

I think last month Neil Kilkenny tweeted along the same lines agreeing to such, also mentioning how other players have 'failed' at this Club, but moved again and done well... Yannick, Chris wood, Danny Rose and Pitman if I remember correctly.

Kilkenny tweets the people who think he's a great player and should be in the team

Yes, there are actually a few city fans who think neil Kilkenny is a good player

He was a good signing for us and played well until injured. When he returned he played like shit and got possibly the worst treatment from the AG fans  that I've ever seen any player get. As has been mentioned he went onto Millwall, recovered fully from injury and I believe was their player of the season for two consecutive years.

Sorry that title will always be LJ's.

I've heard rumours Pearson could be out for the season so won't play for City again.

A big blow if true, I think he'd be very effective for us at this level.

Quite agree, Noggers. Largeish player, not afraid to mix it a bit, gets forward and chips in with a few goals. I think he lost his way last season, but if he does return he seems very suited to this division.

I'm trying to remember any manager who rated a player but refused to play him ever again due to fan pressure.

Clearly many players have been given a few weeks off due to poor form/falling foul of the fans, but this is something else.

A few years ago Real Madrid signed a player called Diarra (not the pompey one) and after a couple of poor performances early on the then manager made the decision to only use him in away matches due to the abuse he got from his own fans when playing at home.

I'll fess up and say that for most of John Ward's tenure, I was living in New Hampshire and only made the occasional match BUT I really don't remember it like this. Dyche was poor, but my memory is of most of blame being attached to managers. What I was trying to say to Bristol-Rob was that he wasn't hounded out of BCFC and "ruined" by the experience.

That's such an anti City fan statement I'd have expected it from the Head Coach.

Why? Because I'm saying it as it is ?

I've been going to AG for nearly four decades mate,I think I know what our crowd has been like at times.

A few years ago Real Madrid signed a player called Diarra (not the pompey one) and after a couple of poor performances early on the then manager made the decision to only use him in away matches due to the abuse he got from his own fans when playing at home.

John Ward said the same about Dyche. That was told to me by a Mr S. Davidson.

John Ward said the same about Dyche. That was told to me by a Mr S. Davidson.

Interesting mate.

Dyche had played over 200+ league games before he came here. Just captained a team on an amazing FA cup run.

He came to us but took so much shite from our crowd that Ward loaned him out to Luton.

He had only played 18 games for us.

He then went on to play over 200 further league games for other clubs.

He never helped his cause by clapping sarcastically when taken off against West Brom... couldn't blame him mind, fans were booing him and of course the ironic cheer when he was taken off.

But I really don't think he fully recovered from his injury and seemed to be trying to play through it.

Interesting mate.

Dyche had played over 200+ league games before he came here. Just captained a team on an amazing FA cup run.

He came to us but took so much shite from our crowd that Ward loaned him out to Luton.

He had only played 18 games for us.

He then went on to play over 200 further league games for other clubs.

As others have said, he wasn't 100% fit when he was here, but the boo-boys put pay to any chance of a career in BS3.

He never helped his cause by clapping sarcastically when taken off against West Brom... couldn't blame him mind, fans were booing him and of course the ironic cheer when he was taken off.

But I really don't think he fully recovered from his injury and seemed to be trying to play through it.

That's about the size of it. I've said before, all 3 of the Chesterfield lads who eventuall ended up here, Dyche, Mercer and Holland, were crocked from their FA cup exploits.

Oh well at least that proves that football and it's fans are the same the world over and it end's the ridiculous notion that is spouted on here about BCFC fans somehow being the worst in the world.

Archived