IGNORED

Karleigh Osbourne

Super

Joe was MOM for me. Even without his goal.

Mmmmmm....I find it hard to agree with this.

Took his goal VERY well, but prior to that I thought he was often very reluctant to take on his man.  First half in particular his decision making was quite poor and probably could have done much better with 2 opportunities in the box.

Joe, along with everyone else, gained in confidence when we had that little spell of short passing down the left side about 15 mins into the 2nd half.  Suddenly they all realised that they were better footballers all round than their opponents and grew into the game.

JB would get a 7 out of 10 for me.  The goal would raise him to an 8.

He's scored a few and, in my opinion, he will at this level - maybe 15 a season.

Which is what you'd expect from a 3rd or 4th division striker.

Thats it.

Agree, but we're paying him 2nd division wages so would expect more.

Mmmmmm....I find it hard to agree with this.

Took his goal VERY well, but prior to that I thought he was often very reluctant to take on his man. First half in particular his decision making was quite poor and probably could have done much better with 2 opportunities in the box.

Joe, along with everyone else, gained in confidence when we had that little spell of short passing down the left side about 15 mins into the 2nd half. Suddenly they all realised that they were better footballers all round than their opponents and grew into the game.

JB would get a 7 out of 10 for me. The goal would raise him to an 8.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts on Bryan tonight.

He needs to be more direct and go at full backs but perhaps he was just easing his way back in tonight. Good goal though.

If someone offers some cash for Baldock in the window we should sell. Get him off the wage bill and buy a centre forward - the kind that can hold it up, score goals and will be a good foil for JET.

Agree. I think it speaks volumes that no teams came sniffing in the summer.

He really does need to do a lot more for me and was very wasteful again tonight at crucial times. Surprised SOD didn't take him off.

Thought he was great, and should get an assist bonus for crippling the Crawley guy before Bryan scored!

He was lucky not to give away a foul for that - especially given how whistle happy the ref was.

We got lucky on both goals.

Still after this season, we deserved some.

So lets get this straight then .. we paid, I believe, more for Flint than any other player in the close season and he is already being compared to a cart horse? if that is true then what have the club bought?

Interesting that some poster mentioned SO'D saying he would not have paid that size of fee had it been his money to spend... if that is a true comment then that will shatter the lads confidence i would think.. oh and look.. he's on the bench now.

I honestly cannot believe the second goal was allowed to stand - not complaining though!

I'm surprised Osbourne didn't break the guys legs, I sit perfectly in line with it in the Atyeo and one of the most obvious fouls i've seen. Good to see loan players giving a shit though 

I honestly cannot believe the second goal was allowed to stand - not complaining though!

I'm surprised Osbourne didn't break the guys legs, I sit perfectly in line with it in the Atyeo and one of the most obvious fouls i've seen. Good to see loan players giving a shit though 

I sit in the Atyeo also, and my first thought was a foul.

To be fair to the referee, he was right next to the tackle and he pointed to the ball indicating that Osbourne won it fair and square.

didn't really notice gillett so he must of done most things right, thought pack was awful again kept giving the ball away and offered next to nothing going forward or at the back,

Osborne was good a no nonsanse defender strong in the tackle good in the air, I don't give a shit about how badly or well a defender can pass the ball thats not their job there job is to break down attacking play which he did all night

Gillett was ok. He clearly has an element to his game where he can put it on the floor and find people in space.

Thing is when we end up in head tennis long ball stuff which we did again for large parts it will nullify a bloke who is about 4 foot 11!

I think he could be a very good asset if we play it on the floor more - only he and Joe Bryan looked like they wanted to do that at times.

Pack is terrible. I just haven't seen what he remotely adds to our game.

Interesting. When Pack first joined I thought he had a good eye for forward incisive passing, but the longer he's been here, the more he's dropped into the Skuse role i.e. sit in front the back four and protect the defence, and as a result hasn't looked nowhere near as good.

You do realise, Les that last week we signed Karleigh Osbourne and Simon Gillett! Nobody does it better.

You're having me on, "Rudie," really? Well, I'll be jiggered. Who'd have thought it?

So, Karleigh Osbourne? Is that not Ossie's other girl, the one who didn't fancy being in the show about life at home with the Brooomies, in the Withywood Hills?

Interesting. When Pack first joined I thought he had a good eye for forward incisive passing, but the longer he's been here, the more he's dropped into the Skuse role i.e. sit in front the back four and protect the defence, and as a result hasn't looked nowhere near as good.

Unfortunately Pack has reminded me very much of Skuse recently.

Very similar physique, and more and more a similar style of play and lack of effective influence.

Not a good thing imo, we've already seen he's capable of far better but he now seems shackled by the role SO'D requires him to play.

Archived