IGNORED

Perspective...

spudski

....it's november the 6th and we are 10 points off a play off place. Not saying we are going to do that... but it gives perspective and clarity.

SoD proved we could get a win yesterday by adapting our play and scrapping for a win.

How many games have we lost points in the last 10 mins? It was good to do the same to another team for a change.

Hopefully confidence will be restored to the team and some flowing football will be achievable to watch in the future.

In the same mold... I hope our supporters get behind the team fully...it's not going to be pretty, but we can do this.

Glad for a win last night...just relief over pleasureable watching.

I think the biggest bonus of last night, apart from the three points (!) should be the confidence it gives the players.

If I see that reflected on Saturday then I'll be a very happy man.

Very true mate.

I was oustounded when i logged on this morning.

People still complaining...yes it wasn't entertaining and yes it was scrappy.

But it's a result and something to build in, which we've all wanted.

At the moment people want us to play like Brazil, win in style, do it playing flying wingers, have a mahoosive centre forward, Jet doing tricks every 5 mins, Centre backs like something from the 70's, a manager that shouts and waves a lot, and has the personality of a Top TV presenter, midfielders doing sliding tackles at every opportunity and knocking their opponent into row z...and all this whilst Kelly Brooke is giving them a slight of hand for 90 mins...

Some fans are so unrealistic.

Very true mate.

At the moment people want us to play like Brazil, win in style, do it playing flying wingers, have a mahoosive centre forward, Jet doing tricks every 5 mins, Centre backs like something from the 70's, a manager that shouts and waves a lot, and has the personality of a Top TV presenter, midfielders doing sliding tackles at every opportunity and knocking their opponent into row z...and all this whilst Kelly Brooke is giving them a slight of hand for 90 mins....

I'd settle for the last point on your list! ;-)

I think the biggest bonus of last night, apart from the three points (!) should be the confidence it gives the players.

If I see that reflected on Saturday then I'll be a very happy man.

I was kind of hoping the way we came back against Carlisle to win would have gave them a boost and we would have looked a little more sure of ourselves.

Was not even close to that, they looked as low on confidence as they have all season so fingers crossed that this win & clean sheet gives them that belief!

....it's november the 6th and we are 10 points off a play off place. Not saying we are going to do that... but it gives perspective and clarity.

SoD proved we could get a win yesterday by adapting our play and scrapping for a win.

How many games have we lost points in the last 10 mins? It was good to do the same to another team for a change.

Hopefully confidence will be restored to the team and some flowing football will be achievable to watch in the future.

In the same mold... I hope our supporters get behind the team fully...it's not going to be pretty, but we can do this.

Glad for a win last night...just relief over pleasureable watching.

The point is, many of those who are still sceptical are so because they have already condemned O'Driscoll and his cronies on the board.  One or two results does not a season make.

I think you're being over-optimistic and am convinced that O'Driscoll, and the board, are letting the club rot.  

The point is, many of those who are still sceptical are so because they have already condemned O'Driscoll and his cronies on the board.  One or two results does not a season make.

I think you're being over-optimistic and am convinced that O'Driscoll, and the board, are letting the club rot.  

For what purpose?

Very true mate.

At the moment people want us to play like Brazil, win in style, do it playing flying wingers, have a mahoosive centre forward, Jet doing tricks every 5 mins, Centre backs like something from the 70's, a manager that shouts and waves a lot, and has the personality of a Top TV presenter, midfielders doing sliding tackles at every opportunity and knocking their opponent into row z...and all this whilst Kelly Brooke is giving them a slight of hand for 90 mins...

indeed they are, I asked you a question earlier in the week. Can you name me another manager who led a team to no wins in 20 odd games, ok now 2 in 22 and kept his job?.

it's unrealistic of you and others not expect questions or dissent.

Over the coming weeks we will actually see whether this slight upturn in results is sustained, last nights win has probably saved SOD's job and I am happy with that at the moment, sometimes in football that is all it takes to turn a season or career around.

Over the years we have seen many drab 1-0 or 2-0 games where we have played poorly.

If,at the time we were near the top of the league people don't give a dam, it's just a win.

At the moment, because of our bad run and league position we look at things differently ( obviously) but a few more drab 2-0 wins will make me more than happy.

Very true mate.

I think it's the minimum requirement,we are after all a massive club .

indeed they are, I asked you a question earlier in the week. Can you name me another manager who led a team to no wins in 20 odd games, ok now 2 in 22 and kept his job?.

it's unrealistic of you and others not expect questions or dissent.

Over the coming weeks we will actually see whether this slight upturn in results is sustained, last nights win has probably saved SOD's job and I am happy with that at the moment, sometimes in football that is all it takes to turn a season or career around.

I don't get time to read every post or comment on everything.

I just don't understand all the energy in time taking into being so negative when all the Club needs right now is support.

• Admin

We've only won one game!

Yeah we are 10 points of the play offs but equally there are 13 teams between us and sixth place - that is a massive amount of ground to make up.

On the other side of the coin it is only goal difference keeping us out of the relegation zone.

The last three results have been an improvement, but the performances are still poor and the fits 80 minutes of last night was akin to watching paint dry.

Glimmer of hope ? Yes

But too early to be claiming anything of note just yet.

Saturday will be a massive banana skin, lets see how we get on there - hopefully another win

Over the years we have seen many drab 1-0 or 2-0 games where we have played poorly.

If,at the time we were near the top of the league people don't give a dam, it's just a win.

At the moment, because of our bad run and league position we look at things differently ( obviously) but a few more drab 2-0 wins will make me more than happy.

of course Bill, when vying for promotion or fighting relegation, you take whatever you can and once we are out of the woods then perhaps entertainment will improve, but I don't think SOD helped his cause by somehow suggesting it couldn't be done that way, perhaps the last 4 points have proved to him it can.

I don't get time to read every post or comment on everything.

I just don't understand all the energy in time taking into being so negative when all the Club needs right now is support.

it's funny you got angry with myself and RMLF when we didn't directly answer your question?.

The bottom line is simple, why should you and others somehow expect BCFC fans to be different to any set of fans anywhere in the world? no wins in 20 odd games or 2 in 22 is a sackable record, so why can it not be mentioned in discussions, why are BCFC so different?.

it's funny you got angry with myself and RMLF when we didn't directly answer your question?.

The bottom line is simple, why should you and others somehow expect BCFC fans to be different to any set of fans anywhere in the world? no wins in 20 odd games or 2 in 22 is a sackable record, so why can it not be mentioned in discussions, why are BCFC so different?.

It's not that at all... sack all you like... and keep sacking...see how far that gets you.

Perhaps it's going through these amount of losses that is part and parcel of the transition? We've never tried before...perhaps that's what happens?

Who knows...

The one thing we do know though, is that sacking managers all the time hasn't worked in the past... yet you still want to go down that route...which doesn't make any sense at all. That has been a constant.

It's purely another gamble to bring someone else in, and work with these players, and then want to bring their own coach and backroom staff again.

So we start again...if that doesn't work...how long are you going to give that manager? How much more money are you going to waste in paid up contracts on staff and new staff? It's just a spiralling drip of unknown again.

Why not see that all that is happening, is happening for a reason.

Your quick fix gambles haven't paid off before, so why are you so adament we should do the same again?

It doesn't make sense.

Trying something different does.

Every other Club that is struggling seems to go through managers like there is no tomorrow...maybe that's the reason they continue to struggle.

I've mentioned Slade at Orient... yes the similarities are not 100% the same, but he was given a go...now look at them.

It's not Rocket Science.

It's not that at all... sack all you like... and keep sacking...see how far that gets you.

Perhaps it's going through these amount of losses that is part and parcel of the transition? We've never tried before...perhaps that's what happens?

Who knows...

The one thing we do know though, is that sacking managers all the time hasn't worked in the past... yet you still want to go down that route...which doesn't make any sense at all. That has been a constant.

It's purely another gamble to bring someone else in, and work with these players, and then want to bring their own coach and backroom staff again.

So we start again...if that doesn't work...how long are you going to give that manager? How much more money are you going to waste in paid up contracts on staff and new staff? It's just a spiralling drip of unknown again.

Why not see that all that is happening, is happening for a reason.

Your quick fix gambles haven't paid off before, so why are you so adament we should do the same again?

It doesn't make sense.

Trying something different does.

Every other Club that is struggling seems to go through managers like there is no tomorrow...maybe that's the reason they continue to struggle.

I've mentioned Slade at Orient... yes the similarities are not 100% the same, but he was given a go...now look at them.

It's not Rocket Science.

I will just pick you up on one very important fact, it's not MY quick fix, I don't have that power, that is ultimately the people who own/run the club and are the most responsible for where have found/find ourselves.

But I will ask once more, why do you expect BCFC fans to be any different to any set of fans anywhere in the world, with regards to a manager with SOD's particular record? and I also say it's not rocket science that some fans don't agree with you and your correct Slade and Orient are a poor argument, the truth is there is no model to compare SOD's record with but you want everybody to go along with it.

In all fairness to S'OD (and I am not saying the points tally this season is acceptable) but i don't believe that he should be judged on anything from last season in the championship. He ultimately came in where there was no money and was only able to sign loan deals due to the transfer window closing and coming to a struggling team at the bottom isn't appealing to anyone, let players with the calibre to of got us out of that mess.

Even after the win at Carlisle, we were still bottom, so I doubt that the players would have felt any pressure relieved after that win. The important thing was to get on a bit of a run to gain some confidence even if they have to play poorly and get some points on the board - which they have done these last 3 games.

I think that the game against Dag & Red on saturday is actually very important for our future performance in the league as winning games will bring the confidence back which will then lead to more inspiring performances to help us climb the table. A loss (with a poor performance) could take us back to square one.

In all fairness to S'OD (and I am not saying the points tally this season is acceptable) but i don't believe that he should be judged on anything from last season in the championship. He ultimately came in where there was no money and was only able to sign loan deals due to the transfer window closing and coming to a struggling team at the bottom isn't appealing to anyone, let players with the calibre to of got us out of that mess.

Even after the win at Carlisle, we were still bottom, so I doubt that the players would have felt any pressure relieved after that win. The important thing was to get on a bit of a run to gain some confidence even if they have to play poorly and get some points on the board - which they have done these last 3 games.

I think that the game against Dag & Red on saturday is actually very important for our future performance in the league as winning games will bring the confidence back which will then lead to more inspiring performances to help us climb the table. A loss (with a poor performance) could take us back to square one.

Sadly Joey it cannot be airbrushed out of history, it happened and SOD was the manager.

Sadly Joey it cannot be airbrushed out of history, it happened and SOD was the manager.

I understand that, but why should SOD be judged on the performance last season when it was a situation that I wouldn't have backed even Sir Alex Ferguson to get us out of more times than not given our resources.

Admittedly the results this season are less than acceptable and that, SOD can be blamed for.

I was kind of hoping the way we came back against Carlisle to win would have gave them a boost and we would have looked a little more sure of ourselves.

Was not even close to that, they looked as low on confidence as they have all season so fingers crossed that this win & clean sheet gives them that belief!

It's a lot easier to get over a drought of confidence with only 364 people getting on your back than it is when you have 10,000.

Not in anyway blaming the fans (our support is unreal when you consider the last couple of seasons) but a collective groan from 10,000 is a lot louder and harder to shake. It has been mentioned how superb the EE was last night in the second half- which coincided with a better second half performance from the team.

Can't understand people who include last seasons stats into this year. Completely different circumstances. This seasons stats ARE bad however, and cannot go on forever. I just hope for two things - either we lose the next five or six league matche and SOD departs, or (my preferred route) - we win a good percentage of the remaining games this season and SOD stays and succeeds in turning this club around.

The worse scenario is losing the next game or two, then winning one, then losing a few more, because that will make it hard for the board to reach the RIGHT decision.

A delay if things don't work out "too well" could prove to be too late - and of course damaging. In other words, something positive must start happening one way or the other over the next 5 or 6 league games.

I understand that, but why should SOD be judged on the performance last season when it was a situation that I wouldn't have backed even Sir Alex Ferguson to get us out of more times than not given our resources.

Admittedly the results this season are less than acceptable and that, SOD can be blamed for.

Can't understand people who include last seasons stats into this year. Completely different circumstances. This seasons stats ARE bad however, and cannot go on forever. I just hope for two things - either we lose the next five or six league matche and SOD departs, or (my preferred route) - we win a good percentage of the remaining games this season and SOD stays and succeeds in turning this club around.

The worse scenario is losing the next game or two, then winning one, then losing a few more, because that will make it hard for the board to reach the RIGHT decision.

A delay if things don't work out "too well" could prove to be too late - and of course damaging. In other words, something positive must start happening one way or the other over the next 5 or 6 league games.

Because that is when SOD decided to begin the 'transition', to start a totally different system of play with a team at the bottom of the league but with a reasonable mathematical chance of survival, even though a majority of those players are no longer with us.

Some are commenting that fans are still moaning and are surprised at that. I am more surprised by the number of people who are saying we played well and it was a good game. Have our expectations of the team dropped so much that a scrappy home win against Crawley,which we had to wait until Bonfire night for, is the highlight of the season so far, really?

I remember back in the 80's we played Newport County.  We won 4-0.  Worst game ever.  Two goals in the first two minutes. Then 86 minutes of dour football.  Then we scored 2 in the last two minutes.  We did win 4-0 but it was like watching paint dry.

We've only won one game!

Yeah we are 10 points of the play offs but equally there are 13 teams between us and sixth place - that is a massive amount of ground to make up.

On the other side of the coin it is only goal difference keeping us out of the relegation zone.

The last three results have been an improvement, but the performances are still poor and the fits 80 minutes of last night was akin to watching paint dry.

Glimmer of hope ? Yes

But too early to be claiming anything of note just yet.

Saturday will be a massive banana skin, lets see how we get on there - hopefully another win

Ehemm!! We have won two actually! But we get the point!!

:clapping:

Some are commenting that fans are still moaning and are surprised at that. I am more surprised by the number of people who are saying we played well and it was a good game. Have our expectations of the team dropped so much that a scrappy home win against Crawley,which we had to wait until Bonfire night for, is the highlight of the season so far, really?

I think it IS due to our expectations having dropped - and perhaps a touch of reality is creeping in. We are currently a not very big or important third tier football club with a bunch of mainly young, inexperienced players struggling at the bottom of the league, desperately lacking in confidence, with a critical crowd (not unjustified I would add though) and badly needing a few wins.

I don't think there have been many on this forum saying it was a good game. A good win is different from a good game. And at the moment I, like many on here, will take a good win over a good game anytime. At the moment.

I think it IS due to our expectations having dropped - and perhaps a touch of reality is creeping in. We are currently a not very big or important third tier football club with a bunch of mainly young, inexperienced players struggling at the bottom of the league, desperately lacking in confidence, with a critical crowd (not unjustified I would add though) and badly needing a few wins.

I don't think there have been many on this forum saying it was a good game. A good win is different from a good game. And at the moment I, like many on here, will take a good win over a good game anytime. At the moment.

apart from soundbites coming out of the club and press I don't think expectations are too high at all, I think the general consesus was 10th finish not to far from the play-offs but comftable,

I will just pick you up on one very important fact, it's not MY quick fix, I don't have that power, that is ultimately the people who own/run the club and are the most responsible for where have found/find ourselves.

But I will ask once more, why do you expect BCFC fans to be any different to any set of fans anywhere in the world, with regards to a manager with SOD's particular record? and I also say it's not rocket science that some fans don't agree with you and your correct Slade and Orient are a poor argument, the truth is there is no model to compare SOD's record with but you want everybody to go along with it.

Kinnel mate... pedantic or what...? It's a taken who's responsible :grr:  :facepalm:

Like I've said before on numerous occasions... it's not SoD in particular i'm backing ( although I do believe he's a good manager ), but it's the fact we need to back a manager for a change. It could be any other proficient manager in charge right now and i'd be backing him.

I don't give a toss what SoD's record here is.

I've seen enough proof on and off the field to see we are going in the right direction.

I believe we've put in place a backroom staff and coach's that will work eventually.

If you get rid of whoever is in charge right now, you go back to square one and between now and next season new people will come in who the new manager wants to work with...and so we start again.

It's not as easy as putting in a new manager and saying, work with what we've got... we tried that with KM...what a nightmare that was.

All I want to see is City do, is stick with our manager for a good amount of time... for a change. ( it so happens to be SoD right now )

apart from soundbites coming out of the club and press I don't think expectations are too high at all, I think the general consesus was 10th finish not to far from the play-offs but comftable,

That's still a possibility... we've still got another 6 months football to play...

Archived