IGNORED

Perspective...

spudski

Kinnel mate... pedantic or what...? It's a taken who's responsible :grr:  :facepalm:

Like I've said before on numerous occasions... it's not SoD in particular i'm backing ( although I do believe he's a good manager ), but it's the fact we need to back a manager for a change. It could be any other proficient manager in charge right now and i'd be backing him.

I don't give a toss what SoD's record here is.

I've seen enough proof on and off the field to see we are going in the right direction.

I believe we've put in place a backroom staff and coach's that will work eventually.

If you get rid of whoever is in charge right now, you go back to square one and between now and next season new people will come in who the new manager wants to work with...and so we start again.

It's not as easy as putting in a new manager and saying, work with what we've got... we tried that with KM...what a nightmare that was.

All I want to see is City do, is stick with our manager for a good amount of time... for a change. ( it so happens to be SoD right now )

Well at the risk of sounding pedantic once more, does that include another relegation?

I remember back in the 80's we played Newport County.  We won 4-0.  Worst game ever.  Two goals in the first two minutes. Then 86 minutes of dour football.  Then we scored 2 in the last two minutes.  We did win 4-0 but it was like watching paint dry.

I remember back in the 60's when we beat Chichester 11-0. Six quick goals at the start, then a really drab period of play, and a quick five goals at the end. Apart from the half-hour or so taken up with scoring and celebrating, it was really boring. And I know Atyeo scored five, but he missed a couple of sitters. All in all, a complete waste of my 3/6d entrance money :(

Well at the risk of sounding pedantic once more, does that include another relegation?

I don't know mate... it's so far off...we're not in the relegation zone, taken 7 points from 9, going in the right direction and got our first clean sheet.

In the same way, you don't know that a new manager would do any better or any worse.

All I know is... we've tried before changing managers and it hasn't worked.

We've not tried sticking by someone yet...so why not give it a try?

We could still go down either under SoD or a new Manager.

We could still finish Mid table under SoD or a new manager.

I just don't see the benefit of starting again. There is no benefit as far as I can see.

The only time I would replace SoD was if he lost the dressing room...which you can clearly see he hasn't.

The lads got stuck in last night...you can see they want to do well...you can also see and hear most of the fans want them to do well... it's just a moaning few that are loudest and causing unrest and extra pressure on the players.

Negative threads on here are picked up by the local media...then put to SoD in a round about way...as well as put out of context in the BP....it all gets noticed by the players and Club...it's not helping anyone.

Why not just get behind the whole idea and ethos and try and be positive?

SoD, the Club and the Lads are all trying...if their was a lack of effort i'd understand...but their isn't.

I just don't get why people can't see it...

I don't know mate... it's so far off...we're not in the relegation zone, taken 7 points from 9, going in the right direction and got our first clean sheet.

In the same way, you don't know that a new manager would do any better or any worse.

All I know is... we've tried before changing managers and it hasn't worked.

We've not tried sticking by someone yet...so why not give it a try?

We could still go down either under SoD or a new Manager.

We could still finish Mid table under SoD or a new manager.

I just don't see the benefit of starting again. There is no benefit as far as I can see.

The only time I would replace SoD was if he lost the dressing room...which you can clearly see he hasn't.

The lads got stuck in last night...you can see they want to do well...you can also see and hear most of the fans want them to do well... it's just a moaning few that are loudest and causing unrest and extra pressure on the players.

Negative threads on here are picked up by the local media...then put to SoD in a round about way...as well as put out of context in the BP....it all gets noticed by the players and Club...it's not helping anyone.

Why not just get behind the whole idea and ethos and try and be positive?

SoD, the Club and the Lads are all trying...if their was a lack of effort i'd understand...but their isn't.

I just don't get why people can't see it...

Agree with all you say. We've basically got a brand new team this season it's bound to take a while for them to bond together on and off the pitch, the signs are there that things are definately changing for the better. Great win last night, footy might not have been Barca'esque but we were bottom of the 3rd division team ffs.

In all fairness to S'OD (and I am not saying the points tally this season is acceptable) but i don't believe that he should be judged on anything from last season in the championship. He ultimately came in where there was no money and was only able to sign loan deals due to the transfer window closing and coming to a struggling team at the bottom isn't appealing to anyone, let players with the calibre to of got us out of that mess.

Even after the win at Carlisle, we were still bottom, so I doubt that the players would have felt any pressure relieved after that win. The important thing was to get on a bit of a run to gain some confidence even if they have to play poorly and get some points on the board - which they have done these last 3 games.

I think that the game against Dag & Red on saturday is actually very important for our future performance in the league as winning games will bring the confidence back which will then lead to more inspiring performances to help us climb the table. A loss (with a poor performance) could take us back to square one.

Sorry but I don't agree with that in the slightest. No, they weren't his players but he completely and utterly failed to motivate the players in the run-in, which is criminal when so many people's hopes depended on it. The fact that a similarly downbeat mood seems to have descended over AG and the players into this season doesn't surprise me. A manager needs charisma.

We've only won one game!

Yeah we are 10 points of the play offs but equally there are 13 teams between us and sixth place - that is a massive amount of ground to make up.

On the other side of the coin it is only goal difference keeping us out of the relegation zone.

+1

Sorry but I don't agree with that in the slightest. No, they weren't his players but he completely and utterly failed to motivate the players in the run-in, which is criminal when so many people's hopes depended on it. The fact that a similarly downbeat mood seems to have descended over AG and the players into this season doesn't surprise me. A manager needs charisma.

Nobody could have motivated that shower of shite...

We were destined to go down. We were lucky the season before. The writing was on the wall.

If we had stayed up...i'm positive we'd be struggling again.

Managers shouldn't have to motivate players to give the 100%

You could see they weren't bothered last year...no one was up for a fight.

Most knew they were on good wages and could either move on or still had a healthy contract to live off.

None of our lads playing now look unmotivated.

They are playing for one another and as a team...not like last seasons bunch of wasters.

A manager doesn't need 'Charisma'

He needs to be a tactician and people manager

Perspective.....

Three sides came down to L1.

Wolves are 2nd

Peterborough are 3rd

Bristol City are 20th having just won their first home game in Nov.

That'd how much of a disappointment we are.

With respect...if you did some research into Wolves and Posh's squads and how much money they've had to spend as well as other circumstances you would understand why.

Sorry...yours is just a throw away comment without thought.

I do however respect your travelling miles to watch games...applaudible

This league has teams like Crawley, Brentford and Crewe.

Clubs that muster about 5k at best to watch them.

And we're trying to finish TENTH???!

What the Fk has become of this football club that this attitude is acceptable?

It's not that it's acceptable...it's just how it is because of mistakes made.

The same can be said of much bigger Clubs than us like Sheffield Utd.

Shit happens...

With respect...if you did some research into Wolves and Posh's squads and how much money they've had to spend as well as other circumstances you would understand why.

yeah, while we've spent only 40m running up debts

peanuts

Christ Spudski do you realise how arrogant and "know all" that makes you sound ?

For the record Im begining to agree with you (for different reasons all be it) the longer we endure/stick/keep the faith in SOD I feel we may as well endure/stick/keep the faith and strap in for the bumpy ride as we will reach the point of no return sooner rather than later.

Christ Spudski do you realise how arrogant and "know all" that makes you sound ?

For the record Im begining to agree with you (for different reasons all be it) the longer we endure/stick/keep the faith in SOD I feel we may as well endure/stick/keep the faith and strap in for the bumpy ride as we will reach the point of no return sooner rather than later.

Yes... I agree it does mate... but how else was I meant to respond? It's hard sometimes doing it on here...without speaking to the person face to face. It wasn't meant to be arrogant... but what the fella said is totally unreasonable when taken in it's context.

I can understand fans frustrations...what I can't understand, is people throwing around comments without thought or the reasons to why...

Archived