IGNORED

Marlon Pack

Go Junior GO

I thought he was one of the much better players last night. He picked up the ball from the centre backs, and looked to spread it forward. Ok, he didn't do that so often, but when you have players static in front of you, it makes his job extremely difficult. He chased down players well (he was guilty of standing off for Oldham's equaliser, as was Shorey (or it might have just been Shorey..hmm?)) and generally hassled. Granted, he rarely tackled, but then all he had to do was panic Crawley and they'd pass it to me in the crowd last night. 

gives the ball away in stupid areas still has alot to do to convince me, I'd like to see gillett (defensive) and Reid (attacking) play together

Unfortunately for young Pack those "stupid areas" as you call them are WHERE HE PLAYS! So naturally some of the time when he loses the ball it may be costly.

He plays one of the most ballsy roles in the team because he sits in front of the back four and nearly always looks to pass it on the floor instead of wooshing it up the pitch.

Unfortunately for young Pack those "stupid areas" as you call them are WHERE HE PLAYS! So naturally some of the time when he loses the ball it may be costly.

He plays one of the most ballsy roles in the team because he sits in front of the back four and nearly always looks to pass it on the floor instead of wooshing it up the pitch.

Exactly, as a mutual friend keeps saying, how often has our midfield been walked through this season? Not often. He's doing fine from what I've seen.

So do I

Exactly, as a mutual friend keeps saying, how often has our midfield been walked through this season? Not often. He's doing fine from what I've seen.

I disagree.

Exactly. Scapegoating a player who is giving it everything and playing at least as well as anyone else. He's doing fine.

Pack and Gillett were swapping with each other last night from defensive positions to more attacking ones. I quite liked that but when Pack was around the Crawley box he didn't seem to have much of a clue about what to do. His distinct lack of vision was obvious.

Gillett on the other hand was trying to find space and play telling passes but even though they didn't come off he was at least looking to be offensive.

So far I've not been impressed by Pack but he does seemed to rated by the manager.

Well said.

I think because Pack started so well and against Bradford came on and really injected an attacking presence some expect it all the time. It's clear to see he is being asked to play in a more withdrawn role in front of the back 4. At times I think he should show for the ball more and that his movement should be a little better.

He's young and will only improve and I would much rather watch a younger player learning and making mistakes than some of the deadwood we have had down the years that were making the same mistakes week in week out! 

As has been mentioned earlier in the thread, a lot of people on this forum wanted us to sign him. We now need to give him time and patience.

if you watch him closely, you'll see he is superb. Does everything with class. Always involved in key moments of the game as well

Top quality players has impressed massively in league 2 and will improve as season goes on.

Has shown glimpses of quality

His big problem for me is that he seems to need about 5 seconds on the ball before deciding what to do with it.  This slows us down.  He can play a pass and is decent defensively, but he needs to be less precious with the ball and get us playing.

There needs to be better movement from the rest of the team...............

slowest player in the team as bobby and bryan suggested. Not a good trait to have and probably why hes always slow to second ball. needs to play a carrick role and use his ability to pass effectively rather than running around like a headless chicken trying to get stuck in. We have gillett and elliot as grafters. packs speciality is picking out those cross field passes or balls through the defense. he should be finding the space more to give him the time to pick out those passes.

There needs to be better movement from the rest of the team...............

Exactly! I sometimes get confused that I'm looking at the mannequins in House of Fraser's window when viewing from the Dolman. Pack is trying to look for the pass and when there is movement he does pass well.

Whether he has the necessary ability when we get promoted I really don't know but I'll support the kid in the meantime as I will all the others. I think he'll come good but patience may be required.

Archived