IGNORED

Xbox One

BcfcDuncs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24899400

good read, and I think to sum it up us ps4ers and you xbox 1ers won't really see the better console until about this time next year when ps4 and xbox one exclusives start to hit home,

on this gen Xbox had the best start and was the market leader for about half of this cycle until ps3 caught up and over took them with the great exclusives they had (I own both by the way),

the next gen I think will probbily be the same with room for both consoles and system exclusives, most games these days are mulit pltatform so it doesn't really matter,

if only microsoft and Sony got together and did some sort of cross platform multi player then we all win

Next gen winner who knows but the loser is Nintendo we can all be sure of that

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24899400

good read, and I think to sum it up us ps4ers and you xbox 1ers won't really see the better console until about this time next year when ps4 and xbox one exclusives start to hit home,

on this gen Xbox had the best start and was the market leader for about half of this cycle until ps3 caught up and over took them with the great exclusives they had (I own both by the way),

the next gen I think will probbily be the same with room for both consoles and system exclusives, most games these days are mulit pltatform so it doesn't really matter,

if only microsoft and Sony got together and did some sort of cross platform multi player then we all win

Next gen winner who knows but the loser is Nintendo we can all be sure of that

Interesting read that, will be interesting to bring this all back up a year or two down the line and see how it all pans out. irrespective of what console we all get it should be exciting times for all us gamers.

A week today and i'll have my mits on the Xbox one, can't wait!

Interesting read that, will be interesting to bring this all back up a year or two down the line and see how it all pans out. irrespective of what console we all get it should be exciting times for all us gamers.

A week today and i'll have my mits on the Xbox one, can't wait!

I had a e-mail from my provider who says I'll get mine before xmas not on reliese so I'm annoyed so I'm going to see if I can get one in the shops on lunch day (early start for me :) ) and if I can I will cancel my pre-order

I had a e-mail from my provider who says I'll get mine before xmas not on reliese so I'm annoyed so I'm going to see if I can get one in the shops on lunch day (early start for me :) ) and if I can I will cancel my pre-order

Ouch, no way I could wait that long, I feel like a kid at christmas. Have you considered going to a midnight launch? usually stores will keep a small quota of unreserved consoles for people who didn't pre-order might be your best chance mate.

Ouch, no way I could wait that long, I feel like a kid at christmas. Have you considered going to a midnight launch? usually stores will keep a small quota of unreserved consoles for people who didn't pre-order might be your best chance mate.

I got to work in the morning so a Midnight lunch is out of the question,

I'll just ring round if I have to wait I'll wait they'll be more games available when I get my hands on it so it could be a good thing,

I'm only really intrested in Black Flag Battlefield 4 and Killzone at the moment, I may pick up Knack for the sprogg but he's not got the cordanation for gaming yet just likes to run round in a cycle

I cant see it being a failure on that scale , graphically its still will compete with ps4 , apparently ps3 was way more powerful than the 360 , and there virtually the same , it will be the same this gen , its just what you prefer , both tidy bits of kits

The PS3 was more powerful than anything around at the time as it had the cell processor, but it was rediculously difficult to code for so nobody could use all that power so it actually made no difference, however both are now built on .X86 architecture which means they will be exactly the same in terms of coding meaning that the PS4's power and graphical advantage will tell. 

I had a ps4 on pre-order from shopto but i have cancelled it as the launch games for both consoles don't really interest me, Titanfall looks awesome, but then i'll just pick that up for my pc and it will look and run far better on that than it will on the xbone, same goes for watchdogs, plus i'll be able to pay 40% of the price for games at release than i would on any console.

The xbox 1 for me is really dissapointing, for me Sony have gone the right way, if i buy a games console i want a games console, not some crappy media player. MS seem to have gone for the jack of all trades, master of none approach, and don't rely on MS financial clout either, there is already a big move from MS single biggest shareholder to force the Xox division out of microsoft and he's gathering some support already as the Xbox is hugely subsidised by MS other divisions as it a huge loss leader, and costs them an absolute fortune.

I will pick up a PS4 when destiny is released but until then i'll enjoy better graphics and performance on my pc thanks :D

The PS3 was more powerful than anything around at the time as it had the cell processor, but it was rediculously difficult to code for so nobody could use all that power so it actually made no difference, however both are now built on .X86 architecture which means they will be exactly the same in terms of coding meaning that the PS4's power and graphical advantage will tell. 

I had a ps4 on pre-order from shopto but i have cancelled it as the launch games for both consoles don't really interest me, Titanfall looks awesome, but then i'll just pick that up for my pc and it will look and run far better on that than it will on the xbone, same goes for watchdogs, plus i'll be able to pay 40% of the price for games at release than i would on any console.

The xbox 1 for me is really dissapointing, for me Sony have gone the right way, if i buy a games console i want a games console, not some crappy media player. MS seem to have gone for the jack of all trades, master of none approach, and don't rely on MS financial clout either, there is already a big move from MS single biggest shareholder to force the Xox division out of microsoft and he's gathering some support already as the Xbox is hugely subsidised by MS other divisions as it a huge loss leader, and costs them an absolute fortune.

I will pick up a PS4 when destiny is released but until then i'll enjoy better graphics and performance on my pc thanks :D

You'll never beat PC for gfx and performance :)

Seeing a lot of bad press for PS4 at the moment regarding lag and fps drops. Also the rubber on the controllers analogue stick wearing down very quickly.

thats only for CoD tho' not seen anything about the analogue stick waring and frankly if its wareing down in 3 days since launch then its a manorfaction problem,

just going through Gametrailers and IGN ( the two gaming sites I trust the most although IGN's standards have slipped) there is no mention of the controler issue, the CoD lag/frame rate issue is mentioned but they reckon a patch will be out before the europian launch of the console that will fix this, they also say PS4 sales have passed the million mark which is bloody great considering its not out in europe or japan yet

thats only for CoD tho' not seen anything about the analogue stick waring and frankly if its wareing down in 3 days since launch then its a manorfaction problem,

Just what i'm reading, to be honest people fighting each other over which console is better all over the internet is a bit sad because in reality we can number crunch all we want but the differences between the consoles will be miniscule in my opinion, just a matter of preference.

That said just a few more days I can finally try the xbox one, looking forward to seeing if next gen fifa is any better than current gen, knowing EA probably not...Battlefield 4 will be a ton of fun though. :P

just going through Gametrailers and IGN ( the two gaming sites I trust the most although IGN's standards have slipped) there is no mention of the controler issue, the CoD lag/frame rate issue is mentioned but they reckon a patch will be out before the europian launch of the console that will fix this, they also say PS4 sales have passed the million mark which is bloody great considering its not out in europe or japan yet

Slap it into google, plenty of pee'd of people reporting it, but like you said Sony can fix that fault pretty easily anyway so not a big thing.

If Sony's numbers are true (0.4%) then seeing as its sold 1 million units in the first 24 hours, thats only 4000.

Take a look at the numbers when the Xbox360 launched, some reports had the figure at nearly 50%!

So if the 996,000 took time away from playing on there shiny new console to post on the web how well it was working and they had no problems what so ever, things would certainly look a bit more balanced.

Its always the same on a new console launch, this time next week you'll probably be reading about new Xbox having issues. Both companies expect a failure rate, usually with electronics, around 3% is an acceptable mark for a new product.

With regard to the analogue sticks, if that is on all pads then Sony are in for a right bashing. However i suspect its just a batch of them. Not seen any comments from journalists who have played the back out of it when reviewing the console, the embargo was lifted so they could say what they wanted, im sure that would of come up had it been a general issue.

I think there is just a small batch of consoles/pads that were not up to scratch. If it all goes tits by the time it launches here, i'll do what BCR said and just chuck a couple of hundred quid towards the PC and beef that up in the meantime.

Deffo worth keeping one eye on the Steambox though, Valve are no mugs.

If Sony's numbers are true (0.4%) then seeing as its sold 1 million units in the first 24 hours, thats only 4000.

Take a look at the numbers when the Xbox360 launched, some reports had the figure at nearly 50%!

So if the 996,000 took time away from playing on there shiny new console to post on the web how well it was working and they had no problems what so ever, things would certainly look a bit more balanced.

Its always the same on a new console launch, this time next week you'll probably be reading about new Xbox having issues. Both companies expect a failure rate, usually with electronics, around 3% is an acceptable mark for a new product.

With regard to the analogue sticks, if that is on all pads then Sony are in for a right bashing. However i suspect its just a batch of them. Not seen any comments from journalists who have played the back out of it when reviewing the console, the embargo was lifted so they could say what they wanted, im sure that would of come up had it been a general issue.

I think there is just a small batch of consoles/pads that were not up to scratch. If it all goes tits by the time it launches here, i'll do what BCR said and just chuck a couple of hundred quid towards the PC and beef that up in the meantime.

Deffo worth keeping one eye on the Steambox though, Valve are no mugs.

considering it was just a US launch 1 million units probbilly makes it the fastest selling console in history, it will be intresting to see xbox's figures after one week for a global launch,

as gaz says if playstation's figures are true and its only 0.4% then thats fantastic considering the problems xbox 360 had,

considering it was just a US launch 1 million units probbilly makes it the fastest selling console in history, it will be intresting to see xbox's figures after one week for a global launch,

as gaz says if playstation's figures are true and its only 0.4% then thats fantastic considering the problems xbox 360 had,

Its certainly Sony's fastest selling console if not the fastest ever. Putting it into perspective, the Wii U sold 1.5m units in its first year! Add to that the EU launch next week and id expect it to be double that figure in total easily.

Part of selling so many units on release depends on how much stock you can get onto the shelves in the first place, thats when you start to get failures as the process has been rushed, i.e the 360 launch.

I can't be arsed with all the fanboy which one is best crap, both great consoles, you pays your money and you makes your choice.

Its certainly Sony's fastest selling console if not the fastest ever. Putting it into perspective, the Wii U sold 1.5m units in its first year! Add to that the EU launch next week and id expect it to be double that figure in total easily.

Part of selling so many units on release depends on how much stock you can get onto the shelves in the first place, thats when you start to get failures as the process has been rushed, i.e the 360 launch.

I can't be arsed with all the fanboy which one is best crap, both great consoles, you pays your money and you makes your choice.

doesn't bother me I'll end up getting both, and if there is a decent metroid or zelda game next year I'll get the Wii U too,

doesn't bother me I'll end up getting both, and if there is a decent metroid or zelda game next year I'll get the Wii U too,

I don't know a lot about the Wii U, i belive the tablet/controller that comes with it allows you to play on that as well as TV?

I do enjoy the odd metroidvania style titles. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the PS1 is one of my all time favs, even played it emulated on my PC for a trip down memory lane. Even 200% that game.

Most recent titles i have lost a lot of hours to outside of Battlefield are the Demon's/Dark Souls series and XCOM:Enemy Unknown/Within. Both brutally punishing for any mistakes you make.

I don't know a lot about the Wii U, i belive the tablet/controller that comes with it allows you to play on that as well as TV?

I do enjoy the odd metroidvania style titles. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the PS1 is one of my all time favs, even played it emulated on my PC for a trip down memory lane. Even 200% that game.

Most recent titles i have lost a lot of hours to outside of Battlefield are the Demon's/Dark Souls series and XCOM:Enemy Unknown/Within. Both brutally punishing for any mistakes you make.

the most punishing games I've played since silver surfer on the nes,

Ninu Kuni is worth playing if you like the JRPG scene, also the lastest rayman game is some of the most fun i've had in recent times,

I'm excited by the prospect of a new uncharted

Not played to many JRPGs in recent years but played a fair few back in the snes/PS1 days.

Have you seen the Angry Video Game Nerd on Gametrailers.com? Revisits old NES games and the like, Silver Surfer has featured and it looks like a total bitch of a game.

Yeh saw the Uncharted announcement, can't wait to see what Naughty Dog can do with a PS4

Lit of crazy people here ordering Xbones. Would just wait for a Kinect free version at the very least, privacy issues with it in and expensive paperweight without. Not to mention retailers spreading FUD about the PS4 whilst saying the Xbone has all these media features which won't come to the UK for some time yet, if ever if the Wii U is anything to go by. Still have a useless TVii icon that can't be deleted and has been coming soon for over a year...

Xbone hardware is considerably slower than the PS4 too, and has more resources on top of that taken by the aforementioned not working in UK TV features. Wouldn't be so much of a problem if it cost less but that's not the case at all.

Such a shame as I have owned every prior Xbox from day one and had a gold account that was about a decade old too. Just can't justify Xbone, even with my beloved Forza 5.

We listing our PSN IDs anywhere on here?

Post a ps4 thread for people,

While it's an exciting time I must say it's the must underwhelming console launch title line up ever nothing really grabs you,

Dead rising 3 and kill zone only 2 games worth playing

Yes I love avgn I have his app on my phone highly recommended

Archived