IGNORED

Ball 16... Tamworth Away Fa Cup Round 2

REDOXO

All 20 ties will take place over the weekend of 7/8 December.

Draw in full

1 Bury or Cambridge United v Sheffield United

2 Wycombe Wanderers or Crewe Alexandra v Preston North End

3 Shortwood United or Port Vale v Salisbury City

4 Bristol Rovers or York City v Crawley Town

5 MK Dons v Dover Athletic

6 Boreham Wood or Carlisle United v Brentford

7 Macclesfield Town v Gillingham or Brackley

8 Chesterfield v Southend United

9 Oldham Athletic or Wolverhampton Wanderers v Mansfield Town

10 Rotherham United v Rochdale

11 Peterborough United v Tranmere Rovers

12 Hartlepool United v Coventry City

13 Kidderminster Harriers v Braintree Town or Newport County

14 Lincoln City or Plymouth Argyle v Welling United

15 Wrexham v Oxford United or Gateshead

16 Fleetwood Town v Burton Albion or Herford United

17 Grimsby Town or S****horpe United v Northampton Town

18 Leyton Orient v Walsall

19 Tamworth v Bristol City

20 Stevenage v Stourbridge

Cheers pal

Hopefully an easy route to the third round, but you really never know

Tamworth, like all non League teams, will want to reach the third round and play against a top Prem team.

The last thing they wanted was to be drawn with a League 1 team that's on a run of form.

As you say this is a winnable game for City.

Tamworth, like all non League teams, will want to reach the third round and play against a top Prem team.

The last thing they wanted was to be drawn with a League 1 team that's on a run of form.

As you say this is a winnable game for City.

looks a very good draw,tamworth only out of drop zone on goal difference.so a game we should win!! very good chance of being a live game on tv.

got to be a lot better than sheff u,l orient,posh or wolves or many others away.

This is what Tamworth fans think about the draw! Taken from their forum...

Not much chance of a sell out - close to Christmas, distant team that nobody knows/cares about, possible TV coverage... 2500-3000 tops, IMO. Remember, TFC didn't sell out a third round tie at home to Norwich.

Do they think we are at home or something? We have a good record for taking fans to non league grounds don't we, think they will be surprised how many will travel. Not sure who they wanted in the draw, maybe Wolves are bigger and more local than us, but we are one of only 3 clubs who were in the Championship last year. They have annoyed me already!

Nice, not too far for me! Went to Corby v Dover yesterday, got a bit tasty when some of the locals decided to start chucking things at the Dover lads. Still, was great to see such passion and a decent atmosphere at non league level, makes me think if City ever went into a phoenix club it wouldn't be too bad.

Do they think we are at home or something? We have a good record for taking fans to non league grounds don't we, think they will be surprised how many will travel. Not sure who they wanted in the draw, maybe Wolves are bigger and more local than us, but we are one of only 3 clubs who were in the Championship last year. They have annoyed me already!

Lets stick to getting wound up by posters on our own forums please.

Stonking place and people.

Lived in Tamworth for 10 years back in the 80's and still in contact with many people and visit every couple of years. Went to Wembley in the FA Vase with 20,000 plus of them. Truthfully, had to 'retire' from the place after a decade as I could no longer take the pace of the social life - my Sunday League team (with some others) actually managed to get on the front page of the Sun for some well-dodgy antics!

First night after starting work got legless with workmates in Lichfield, second night went to The Lamb stood by the tunnel and my ex Henbury captain Ian Britton (Brum City and then Kiddie Manager) led Tamworth out as their captain. Small world. 

More pubs than people. The Tweedale opposite the station is a good starter. Used to give renditions of  'Drink Up Thee Cider' standing on tables in several of the town centre pubs on the more than frequent lively night outs - so they're used to the Wurzels up there.  

Most are Villa, Blue Noses, Warsaw. Certainly when I was up there no nutters, as such, followed Tamworth - apart from the big games. Are some pretty decent 'lads' up there though - so some respect.

Think I'll get back up there for this game.

Stonking place and people.

Lived in Tamworth for 10 years back in the 80's and still in contact with many people and visit every couple of years. Went to Wembley in the FA Vase with 20,000 plus of them. Truthfully, had to 'retire' from the place after a decade as I could no longer take the pace of the social life - my Sunday League team (with some others) actually managed to get on the front page of the Sun for some well-dodgy antics!

First night after starting work got legless with workmates in Lichfield, second night went to The Lamb stood by the tunnel and my ex Henbury captain Ian Britton (Brum City and then Kiddie Manager) led Tamworth out as their captain. Small world. 

More pubs than people. The Tweedale opposite the station is a good starter. Used to give renditions of  'Drink Up Thee Cider' standing on tables in several of the town centre pubs on the more than frequent lively night outs - so they're used to the Wurzels up there.  

Most are Villa, Blue Noses, Warsaw. Certainly when I was up there no nutters, as such, followed Tamworth - apart from the big games. Are some pretty decent 'lads' up there though - so some respect.

Think I'll get back up there for this game.

Except when playing Hinckley United!

Archived