IGNORED

Tamworth Away

WMbcfc

What does everyone think of this draw then? and who's going? 

i personally think this is a really good draw and will probably be making the journey up there. i hope we take a good few fans as it will be good laugh to generate a positive atmosphere at a small ground and hopefully see our team into the third round.

we musnt underestimate Tamworth however. they will be very much up for it. Swindon probably underestimated Macclesfield and look what happened to them.  

Apparently we are likely to to get allocated the terrace behind the goal which can house up to 850 fans.

I hope we make a decent effort of filling this allocation as Tamworth are likely to sell out the ground so if we take a good few the atmosphere should be great. 

I went there a few seasons ago to see Forest Green stay up by goal difference on the final day. The away fans were housed at the far end of that photo, where there is about 5 steps of terrace all the way along, with the central bit under cover.

This looks like a great away terrace, hopefully it will be full of City and not piss it down! I definitely want to make the trip.

The%20Lamb%20Panoramic%201.jpg

The excellent Julian Cope grew up in Tamworth and if you read either of his autobiographical books you'll see he describes the place as "classically ugly" and "a bit of a pig to look at" and portrays it as basically full of retards.

Tamworth is also famous for making Britain's most laughable car, the Reliant Robin, and being the birthplace of the poundstretcher Bruce Dickinson, Blaze Bayley....

I've never been there, but I have stopped at Tamworth Services on the M42 and once had to take back a bacon roll there as the staff had forgotten to cook the bacon.

Probably the best draw for me this - Salisbury away may have been marginally better. As stated on another post Tamworth only had an attendance of 2 or 3 thousand when Norwich played there. So if that's the case surely they will give us as many as we can sell?

Expect we'd take around 1,500-2,000 depending on whether it's televised. 

T

I've never been there, but I have stopped at Tamworth Services on the M42 and once had to take back a bacon roll there as the staff had forgotten to cook the bacon.

I remember making an emergency pit stop there from an away game, one of the ladys in our car had an "upset tummy" due to a dodgy pie at the game. she sort of made it in time, but came away minus undergarment ! 

Thought I'd share my only memory of Tamworth.

Having said that, I remember waiting on Tamworth High Level station for an hour at about six in the morning coming back from "that" Liverpool game !

Probably the best draw for me this - Salisbury away may have been marginally better. As stated on another post Tamworth only had an attendance of 2 or 3 thousand when Norwich played there. So if that's the case surely they will give us as many as we can sell?

Expect we'd take around 1,500-2,000 depending on whether it's televised. 

You would hope that we would take over a thousand considering it will be one of the shortest away trips remaining this season. I know it's only the 2nd round but it's just off the motorway and should be able to get there in about 90 mins if the traffic is OK. Only shorter trip than this would be Brentford or Walsall I would guess?

You would hope that we would take over a thousand considering it will be one of the shortest away trips remaining this season. I know it's only the 2nd round but it's just off the motorway and should be able to get there in about 90 mins if the traffic is OK. Only shorter trip than this would be Brentford or Walsall I would guess?

Gas?

I'll be going...Love a good non-league away day and pretty happy with it as a draw. Hope it's not on TV though, will result in a change of k.o time :(

Yes, did Corinthians,Heybridge, Bradford PA, Harrogate and that team in London docklands (whose name escapes me) which we were banned from, oh and Kidderminster, FGR, and Hednesford (sp?) in pre season.

Archived